Fantastic Four Movie Review/Rant

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
Posted by haydenclaireheroes (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell me what you guys think:

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good review. Never planned on watching it in theaters myself as I didn't think it looked like it was going to be good. As someone who does like the original Fantastic Four movies myself, glad to hear someone with similar likes mention that they didn't like this movie makes me feel a bit more confident in the fact that when I watch it eventually(borrow it from someone or something like that) I will probably hate it as well.

Again excellent review enjoyed it a lot.

#2 Posted by dngn4774 (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

A big thing that annoys me with this film is that if they tacked on another 40 minutes it actually could have been great. This movie had the potential to be fantastic but the writers/producers didn't care enough to make it interesting. It feels like they tried to cram 3 hrs of dialogue in a 90 minute timeframe. It's like they literally only did the bare bones of a script and put no effort into developing the characters. Just event after event with no explanation of how this things are affecting the five characters (Doom and the 4).

Overall, this movie didn't have to be bad, but horrible time management with editing, writing, and directing murdered this movie after its first two scenes. I'm not mad I'm just disappointed.

@haydenclaireheroes I watched the film but still don't get the beginning of the third act. What was Reed doing for an entire year away besides running and how where they able to find him just when the program conveniently recieved the funding for a second trip?

#3 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: i thought it was cool how Reed Richards can shape shift with his powers.

#4 Posted by dngn4774 (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14: Meh. I think that the stealth abilities should be left to Sue so she has a useful niche on the team. The biggest problem in this film is that it does a piss poor job of explaining why the characters do anything. All the characters' personalities are reimagined yet the writers assume we'll understand all of the protagonists' behavior without any explanation. It was lazy.

#5 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: yeah it was prettty half- a** movie

#6 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36983 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds pretty bad, I am going to see this film myself though

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#7 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (12162 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: We don't know one of the many things that they don't bother to explain.

@bluelantern1995:Thanks for watching I am glad you enjoyed the review! And yes don't waste your money.