Falcon And The Winter Solider Official Discussion

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Wow. Best episode so far. This show has climbed up towards the top of my favorite ongoing tv shows.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@aystarr: Who said racism wasn’t real/and/or a problem? I just don’t need to watch a public service announcement on real problems in the middle of all my entertainment. Every show you watch cannot bring awareness to all the worlds woes.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I feel like Walker was justified in killing the flag smasher.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I understand that these shows are expensive. I think we see that in the production and special effects, but it’s still sad that there’s only going to be six episodes.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: good things dont last long. 6 episodes are like a movie of 5 hours so its good for me

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Who said racism wasn’t real/and/or a problem? I just don’t need to watch a public service announcement on real problems in the middle of all my entertainment. Every show you watch cannot bring awareness to all the worlds woes.

Ok then go watch teletubbies or something.

I don't think they've ever addressed this in any mcu movie before, it's good that they're finally using thier reach to show these.

And even if "they bring awareness", it doesn't warrant to it being called a show that sucks, or people that don't have a problem with it having "fried brain". That's a whole lot of anger for something that's not that deep🤷.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Ya, I was over enthusiastic with the “fried brain” comment, but it is a very dim perspective to either need constant reminders in entertainment that racism is bad....or alternatively to believe telling viewers that racism is bad makes some sort of impact. The teletubbies comment is nonsensical as my complaint is the show narrative is too simple and predictable, and yours seems to be it is ok to force a plot into a linear rut for the “greater good”. How about next episode we address Uighur concentration camps, and the one after that we can touch on the evils of free-speech absolutism.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mexcomics2078: I am a strong proponent of “do only as many episodes as you need to tell the story” philosophy, but I hear a secondary storyline was cut, so parts feel off. More might have been able to fill in the gaps left by the edited subplot. Netflix shows sometimes run too long and feel like they are artificially lengthened, so I am not advocating filler to pad out the number of episodes, but I think this series might necessitate more. There’s probably an hour and a half running time left. I worry that it isn’t going to be enough to wrap everything up. Unlike WandaVision there’s no forthcoming movie to continue the story.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great episode, fixed a lot of complaints about the show before this episode.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Ya, I was over enthusiastic with the “fried brain” comment, but it is a very dim perspective to either need constant reminders in entertainment that racism is bad....or alternatively to believe telling viewers that racism is bad makes some sort of impact. The teletubbies comment is nonsensical as my complaint is the show narrative is too simple and predictable, and yours seems to be it is ok to force a plot into a linear rut for the “greater good”. How about next episode we address Uighur concentration camps, and the one after that we can touch on the evils of free-speech absolutism.

We need constant reminders that racism is bad because if we dont, people tend to forget fairly quickly.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdskns4eva: I wish that were true, unfortunately repeated reminders that evil is evil does not prevent evil. Tell an actual self-professed racist that he is acting contrary to the dignity of humanity and you will be ignored or moralized to from their perspective. I have had these conversations many times face to face with members of aryan family, la raza, and black nationalist Muslim Brotherhood members. Giving a PSA in the middle of a show “have you heard racism is bad today” is just stupid, ineffective, and predictably less artistic....also lulls people who do nothing to better their fellow man into thinking they did something “good” today because they say on their couch and supported raising awareness that racism is bad.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With that “mid season“ trailer looks like Walker is going to be 2v1 against Sam and Buck. Curious to see where Walker ends up on the SS tier list.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't figured out if I should watch Fat Winter Soldier, seems like mediocre tbh.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@samjackson: that mid season looks amazing and I am curious to see how John handle a serious buck

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don’t buy the idea of Bucky & Sam vs walker. By feats Bucky should solo the only way I can see it is if walker kills Karli then the rest of the flagsmashers join him and help against sam & buck.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I don’t buy the idea of Bucky & Sam vs walker. By feats Bucky should solo the only way I can see it is if walker kills Karli then the rest of the flagsmashers join him and help against sam & buck.

Should he ? Walker was considered the best of the best the military had to offer without superpowers. He got worked by the Dora but he was still capable of fighting the super soldiers. It also makes sense that Falcon wouldn't just let him fight alone

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: that mid season looks amazing and I am curious to see how John handle a serious buck

I feel like a serious Buck should be able to handle him alone. Buck was holding back in that recent episode (He didn’t hit any of them with his metal arm) and he was still pretty much handling the other SS with no problem. If he has no problem knocking out SS with his flesh body parts then he should wreck hitting them with the vibrainium arm. And Walker’s skill level seems to be on par with pre-Avenger Sam and that’s not enough to contend with Bucky.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: I agree but you never know till the show airs bro that’s why I am waiting before giving out any opinions he could surprise us Walker could get some great feats we just don’t know yet how they going to play it

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: eh, idk about that.

I honestly feel like it’s not a coincidence that Walker, one of the supposed best that the Army had to offer before the serum, was amped with the serum made from Isaiah’s blood, who we know actually beat Bucky (in Winter Soldier mode) and took his arm in the 50s.

Know what I’m saying here? Just feels like a a good amount of factors to be just a coincidence heading into the inevitable fight

Avatar image for deactivated-6077b4a08c8a1
deactivated-6077b4a08c8a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a good show so far. Really enjoying it.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By Greysentinel365

I feel like Bucky & Sam vs Walker could work if they play up the shield a lot. But it could also be a case of them stomping him into the ground after finally finding him. A emotional climax rather than being a pitched fight.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This.

Bucky should handle Walker without much trouble even with the serum.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor-parker: I don’t know we should wait and see what they do how the fight play out etc before we judge anything

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last episode was really good. Does a good point to hammer in just how special Steve was honestly by comparing him to Walker.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright guys it’s that time whats are prediction for this episode we know we getting a 2v1 fight some crazy cameo all that stuff

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine Bucky and Falcon fighting Walker, like WS and Cap fighting Iron Man, like in Civil War

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshua755: I think Walker might win, but it makes more sense for Bucky and Falcon to win.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 death4bunnies  Moderator  Online
Loading Video...

——

Batroc Falcon fought >>>> Batroc Cap fought.... time stamp 5:10

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John literally gave them a fight for there money he was doing way better than I thought and it was a good fight

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And over all great damn episode to love it

Syntix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So.. what was in the suitcase?

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syntix: a new suit and wings only thing make sense

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scaling makes no unless the Dora are now the mist skilled characters in the MCU lol.

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was ok, nothing amazing or what.

Just your average MCU offering.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope the ending wont disappoint like Wandavision

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be my fav episode.

I don't hate walker that much again. F*** the government tbh.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

Scaling makes no unless the Dora are now the mist skilled characters in the MCU lol.

They are, they told me themselves.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Mike_Fowler

Love the dark (yet unfortunately realistic) parallel regarding Isaiah and Steve. Hope that people picked up on it as well, cause I love how it didn’t shy away from it

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isaiah reminds me of my grandfather. Every black man on his street got drafted for Vietnam... only he and one other soldier made it back.

Completely resents this country for how they treated them across seas for what he saw.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Aystarr

Love the dark (yet unfortunately realistic) parallel regarding Isaiah and Steve. Hope that people picked up on it as well, cause I love how it didn’t shy away from it

True, I'm still iffy about falcon using the shield after hearing that.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats-wise (stats)

Super Soliders have been consistently badass. Walker tearing through steel, Bucky casually tearing through a metal beam was impressive.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a great episode. Isaiah's backstory was just plain heartbreaking.

I really wonder what Walker is gonna do in the finale next week.

legend531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

Isaiah reminds me of my grandfather. Every black man on his street got drafted for Vietnam... only he and one other soldier made it back.

Completely resents this country for how they treated them across seas for what he saw.

You are black like me😳😳😳🤔

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The bad:

• I hated how Walker was able to fight 2v1 Falcon and Bucky, it made no sense with his pre-established level of skill, Bucky alone should have wrecked him, but I guess Marvel just wanted a cool looking 2v1 scene, f*ck the skill/power hierarchy. Unless it's later explained that this serum is even stronger, it makes no sense.
  • I also didn't like how much time we spent with Sam and his family boat, I have zero interest in that and I doubt many people do, I'd much rather spend that time digging more into Bucky's psyche than into Sam's weak family affairs.
  • Karli Morgenthau is annoying af, her accent is annoying af, her acting is weak af.

The good:

• That scene with Isaiah Bradley was heartbreaking and painful to watch, when he says "they'll never accept a black man as Captain America, and no self respecting black man would ever want to be one" was a great scene.
  • John Walker's descent into madness is starting to show, the dude just went ahead and made his own shield, the conclusion is going to be great.
  • Sam and Bucky's talk was amazing and really well done, so was Sam's training with the shield scene, can't wait to see his new Captain America themed suit/wings.
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Last episode was probably my favorite. The scenes with Zemo and Isaiah were my favorite so far. Regarding the pretentious Zemo, on the one hand, I understand the theme of distinguishing between superhero material, who are not blinded by hate and anger like Walker was, and weak characters, but it'd also be pretty satisfying if they'd just taken him in and let it be implied that they executed him off-screen. I'm interested in who's working with whom at this point; Sharon has Batroc working for her, but then he meets up with the Flag Smashers. Also, I was not expecting to see Julia Louis Dreyfus in the MCU, lol.

They should've killed Walker though. What an annoying scrub. And the choreography in that fight was mediocre by the standards of the films.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor-parker:

“Can't wait to see his new Captain America themed suit/wings.”

On top of them being Vibranium. If Sam gets the Serum he’s gonna be a Street Level problem.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Cognitive

The scene with Isaiah was really touching, touching and sad at the same time.

Cognitive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For action's sake, I really wish Bucky can find his WS self one last time and snap Walker's limbs.