Exar Kun: The Chronological Respect Thread (2019)

• 100 results
Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@wollfmyth209: Good Lord, how are you always every single time the first person to post on all of these blogs?!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jedi_jesus_fish
Jedi_Jesus_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@sithrevenant: Hm....

In regards to your "final debunk."

While it is "SADLY" confirmed about the SF malak quote by numerous articles, im quite confused by what you claim to be a debunk more than anything else. Playing words is a delicate thing in a debate, and while i dont fault you for tackling the quote, i might reccomend trying a different perspective. it might have a better impact later.

While Malak is stated to POTENTIALLY be far more powerful than What kun and nadd are capable of doing, do we know if he has the ability to access/USE that power??? Im coming at this problem the same as you as a person who fights for Kun in a debate group on Facebook as his champion for the most part, and my approach is not to Technically DEBUNK the quote, as much as work around it. What proof can a person provide that Malak had the ability to Access and wield effectively power on a level that eclipses Vader/Dooku/Maul/Arcann level combatants?? What demonstrations does he have other than fighting Redeemed Revan(whos Arguably Below Darth Revan as it was.)

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated again for the New Year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Decent RT.

xolthol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have delete the part about Kun > SF Malak. Have you change your mind ? But this still a really interresting RT.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xolthol: No. I just don't find this the appropriate place for that.

S_W_LeGenD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By S_W_LeGenD

Their are debatable points in this blog, but nicely done on the whole. Exar Kun > Darth Vader (ROTJ).

And LMAO @ Darth Maul standing up to Exar Kun in one of the comments above.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated with new sources.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I wank Kun somewhat, yeah he's more powerful than Revan and the Like, but what does all that mean? I think personally Kun is powerful, but he is sub Bane, sub Maul, sub Dooku and sub Vader. No reason to wank exar farther than up to Bane level, and even that is stretching it. I will allow you make the Kun > Malak argument, but unfortunately that is a hard arguments to make. In the end, I hold Kun > All ancient sith (possibly bar SF Malak) but below Bane and the like. So you still get your Kun > Valk scaling, but without being retarded... are you happy? I think I'm being fairly generous to be honest...

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SithRevenant

@in-sidiousvader: I've provided feats and accolades in this thread that utterly dwarfs the like of Bane, Vader and Dooku. So what are you even saying?

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: You've admitted you have Yoda>Kun and Dooku is relative to Yoda. Not seeing any feats which "dwarf" Dooku's.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is SF Malak even brought up? It was a special circumstance. I think if we can bring him up and use him to compare to or in a battle, then we should be able to use Mortis Anakin.

No point, no character in SW is more moot than SF Malak.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3:

Opinions may vary.

Dooku is also far from relative to Yoda, good lord.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant:

Opinions may vary.

Fair enough.

Dooku is also far from relative to Yoda, good lord.

He was able to give him initial trouble with his Lightning and duelled him for around 40 seconds pretty evenly while exhausted from his previous duel with Anakin and Obi Wan.

Kurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurk: One found by decaf, that explicitly states (Exar Kun >>) Spirit!Kun >/~ Kueller > Post-BFC!Luke. (The Luke that rebuilt a mountain-sized fortress)

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WollfMyth209

@sithrevenant: Kueller > Post-BFC!Luke

This is false.

Besides, Leia's hardly an authority on anything; especially given she's barely even faced off against Kun to begin with.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209:

I knew you'd post something like this.

Even if you want to use those parts of their fight where they were decent equals. She has a very serious twin-link with Luke that gives her a very clear sense of where her brother measures up. She says that Kueller surpasses that, doesn't exactly have to be majorly significant or something to be true. That's considering her entire MO as a Force-user is empathetic and power-linking aspects of the Force. She's probably a better authority on matters such as that than anyone but Luke himself, tbh.

Leia does in fact encounter Kun very clearly when he tries to kill her and everyone else via Streen. Plus, general Force senses. She was there (at the Academy) for plenty of the JAT. Doesn't take much to get a grasp on his power.

Freedon_nadd_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

Aladdin_Sane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KUELLER KUELLER KUELLER

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: Luke was barely capable of standing when he fought Kueller, though. He had endured point-blank and explosion that all but vaporized his X-Wing. And he was exhausted even prior to that explosion. And Kueller was getting consistently amped throughout the entire thing due to specific circumstances pertaining only to Luke. So whatever power Leia was sensing, it was from an injured Skywalker and a rage-amped(and constantly growing in strength) Kueller.

Also, if you want to use that quote, it'd technically put both Kueller and Spirit!Kun above Dark Empire Palpatine. This doesn't work for a myriad of reasons; namely because both Luke and Kueller admitted Kueller's inferiority to past foes like Palpatine, Vader and good ol' Exar. And this isn't even addressing the elephant in the room: Leia only says "Except Exar Kun" because Exar at the time was a spirit, implying spirits at the time were more powerful in the Force than any mortal(which makes sense given that was what Lucas initially intended in the films, anyways). Yes, this has been retconned since then... But then again, so has Kun's standing alongside the great Sith Lords.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KUN LIVES

Aladdin_Sane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Don't forget the quote from the Dark Side Sourcebook saying that non-amped Kueller isn't even a match for Leia. Kun is trash.

No Caption Provided

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aladdin_sane: Which isn't relevant when amped Kueller is the one being referenced here.

@wollfmyth209: Which isn't really relevant though. Because regardless of those circumstances, the best you could say is that Luke would be a match for him without those ailments. That Kun's spirit is still more powerful still means the same thing. Again, the power gap doesn't need to be too significant to be true. Kueller was more powerful, the more people died. That was the whole plot point.

Oh and not really, she states that Kueller was the most powerful in years. Which probably doesn't pertain to DE given how long ago that was as of 17ABY.

No, the whole part about Kun being a spirit is to say that Kueller could be a greater threat because he was alive. Which is exactly what the following text is explaining, Kueller can get even stronger as a living being. Kun was already dead, only a spiritual threat. I also don't see what you're even talking about considering Tom Veitch and KJA have both stated Kun was stronger when he was alive than as a spirit and that's not them abiding to some new canon paradigm, but from their standing points whilst writing those books.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added a new, pretty great quote for Kun declaring him the biggest threat the galaxy had yet faced since the inception of the Republic. Made in 2008 no less.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: So Kun and his merry band of misfits>The Ancient Sith Empire? Seems pretty dope.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: Well it means a whole lot more than that.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: Basically implies that Kun is a greater threat than the Star Forge.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By helloman

Okay.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kun is the linkin park of starwars.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still vastly sub-Malak.

kek

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SithRevenant

@darthbane77: Kun's canonically > Star Forge and has scaling from people who would kill Malak by looking at him. Poor trolling is poor.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: You're right, poor trolling is poor, so you should stop.

:)

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@redheathen said:

Why is SF Malak even brought up? It was a special circumstance. I think if we can bring him up and use him to compare to or in a battle, then we should be able to use Mortis Anakin.

It's more because SF Malak is sub-KOTOR Revan than anything else. I mean given that is the case Kun gets drastically lowered due to factually being far below Yoda, Revan Reborn and the likes.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

Also good blog btw.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By redheathen

@redheathen said:

It's more because SF Malak is sub-KOTOR Revan than anything else. I mean given that is the case Kun gets drastically lowered due to factually being far below Yoda, Revan Reborn and the likes.

good point. thx

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: Exar Kun isn't less powerful than Malak. That blurb is both gameplay and redundant due to the KotOR:CG having replaced the web enhancement version. Better yet, Kun has a statement as of 2008 putting him over the Star Forge and thus Malak. So, even if the aforementioned issues didn't exist the statement has been retconned by a vastly more up-to-date source.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: You've responded to me in two threads regarding the subject. Didn't you get the hint the first time that I don't care to discuss it? I wasn't asking for a discussion or proclaiming Kun to be sub-Malak I was just educating Red on why Kun being sub-Malak would be bad for his position in the overall hierarchy. I literally just posted to help clarify something and offer you some token of praise because I think this is a decent blog. Please take my praise and let me not get dragged down the rabbit hole into this discussion again:

Also good blog btw.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sithrevenant: The first quote in the “Ossus: Attack of Kun” section isn’t credited.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very well crafted RT.

SithRevenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By TheVivas

@sithrevenant: This is only talking about his power right? Since there weren’t any other feats.