Every Complaint About Captain Marvel can also be Applied to Captain America.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously. It seems like every single complaint about Carol can also be applied to Steve. Even worse for him, really. Emotionless? Yeah she at least cracked a fee jokes and smiled here and there. Stone face Steve has a history of being confrontational with Tony over some jokes. She's a Mary Sue? Go watch Civil War and tell me she has anywhere near the plot armor of cap. Brie is a horrible sjw? I challenge you to go on Chris Evans Twitter and see if you can stand more than 30 seconds of what this douche posts.

Captain Marvel isn't a bad character so far. Don't hate on her unless you hate on Captain America first.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

I agree.

I also think the MCU sort of flubbed his character. In the comics Cap has been shown to be fallible, in the movies he is sort of an annoying goodie two shoes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
deactivated-5cc746539ff3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is a selfish annoying character I've been saying this since CW. People are just obsessed with him.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Last time I checked Captain America was male. Woooo still got something.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 krisbishop  Moderator

Emotionless? Yeah she at least cracked a few jokes and smiled here and there. Stone face Steve has a history of being confrontational with Tony over some jokes.

That was only in Avengers 1, and they were under the influence of the Scepter. Steve cracks jokes as well, and has displayed plenty of emotions. Age of Ultron and Civil War are good examples.

She's a Mary Sue? Go watch Civil War and tell me she has anywhere near the plot armor of cap.

I've seen this so many times, but no one has actually shown any convincing argument for "plot armour" or "Russo Force" for Cap in Civil War. Name one thing that was actually plot armour or any form of PIS.

Brie is a horrible sjw? I challenge you to go on Chris Evans Twitter and see if you can stand more than 30 seconds of what this douche posts

I won't argue about this one. I agree.

With all these said: I personally don't hate or complain about Carol at all. Just trying to defend Steve here.

In fact, I want to defend Carol. She appears emotionless due to the plot. She's been taught and forced to restrain her emotions. And I don't believe what the actress/actor does should affect my view of a movie character.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By godzilla44

Bait

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

hmmm

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think an actor's personal views should have any bearing towards the character they are portrayed.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: Which is why it's so annoying reading the anti-SJW's complain about Brie Larson (which is weird tbh, because she didn't seem like a SJW to me).

The anti-SJW's are worse than the SJW's they complain about. Let's be honest about this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I think its more of Disney's fault than Bries to be fair.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: Take one line from an interview and bombard her with hate. I say that it's neither's fault.. except the idiots that hate her. I am not a fan of her acting, but nothing against her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

STRONG WOMAN DON'T SHOW EMOTIONS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Well, Disney is pushing for a feministic approach to appeal to SJW. The actors just have yo go along with it.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: That I don't agree with. Nothing really I have seen that indicate that from the movies.

As Destiny said, everything for making money, nothing more, nothing less. The only thing they care about is money. They would not make the movies unless they knew they would earn money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Watch Room( she got Oscar for that movie) or Short term 12.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ding ding ding

But it's ok since Cap is a guy and wasn't "forcefully included" to be made the leader lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Well not extremely but it has been hinted. I think most don't like her because of Kevin's statement that she is the strongest.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Only watched 3 movies with her, but from those, I rate her nothing special/10..

@johnsmjs36: Well, introduced, not most powerful already established. Thor and Thanos and Hela and Odin and Dormammu etc are all more powerful than her..

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johncena69swag: Steve cracked a joke in AOU when he killed that Droid.

"You'll never what?" 'Tosses him off bridge' "YOU DIDN'T FINISH!"

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...I feel like this post is trying to incept me.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Jgames

But they actually flesh Steve character, show his time in the army and his courage despite being weak in stature. They did not talk about how courageous he is or all the adversity he faced, they actually show it, not tell it. Which was one of my main complaint about Captain Marvel along with not really having any difficult obstacle and being a bit too op in the movie. I mean overall I thought the character was fine. She was fun at times and a badass. Maybe I like her more in End Game, but for know she alright.

Also personally do like character with flaws because they are more relatable and have room for growth. I mean Infinity War main theme is sacrifice. Thanos willingness to sacrifice what he love help him accomplished his goal. Versus the heroes who were not willing to do the same causing the destruction of half the universe. Asking us about what is true heroism, that of protecting everybody, or sacrificg someone for the greater good. Whether we would be able to sacrifice our love one for the greater good. I remember a research that show most people would sacrifice one person for the greater good, but it turn 50/50 when it involve someone they care about. Which if the hero were perfect, well the movie would be boring. It would just be Thanos (stupid autocorrect) unable to get the stone.

In regard to what the "anti-sjw" people think, screw them IDC. What happen to the Alita challenge you assholes who watch Captain Marvel despite complaining about white genocide or whatever stupid things. Screw you guys talking big game, and are just made up of a loud minority.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

Neither of them are something to complain about, people are just salty cause they don't like Carol lol. That said, if you wanna saying Carol is a Mary Sue, then Cap is 10x worse.

@foxerdes said:

Steve literally started out as a loser. He was a laughing stock whose patriotism, self-sacrifice and perseverance got him drafted into the Super Soldier Project.

Carol started out as a loser, oppressed by society for her sex and was given the opportunity to become something greater, so she took it.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of them are something to complain about, people are just salty cause they don't like Carol lol. That said, if you wanna saying Carol is a Mary Sue, then Cap is 10x worse.

@foxerdes said:

Steve literally started out as a loser. He was a laughing stock whose patriotism, self-sacrifice and perseverance got him drafted into the Super Soldier Project.

Carol started out as a loser, oppressed by society for her sex and was given the opportunity to become something greater, so she took it.

We were told that she was oppressed, and cast out, and given an opportunity to become something greater and only saw small portion of it. Versus Steve who we actually get to experience his journey into becoming the super soldier who will help his country and become a patriotic symbol. In other word, one had a better written and constructed movie.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 anthp2000  Moderator

@jgames: Okay,you liked Steve's origin movie more and you think it's better, I agree.

Now please tell me how that's relevant with the actual character origins, and how it's not simply looking for a way to bash Carol.

Cramem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People complain about captain marvel because the wirters are trying so hard to put her on the front scene, just like sentry, just like in the comics.

In the new avengers she is going to play a key role to defeat thanos. In the original avengers infinity war, captain marvel wasn't there. She didn't fought thanos. Instead it was another hero who played a key role on defeating thanos. It was Adam Warlock

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who light up against anything saying “SJW or liberal” are idiots and are the new insufferable people on the internet.

Cap wasn’t cool until Winter Soldier or Civil War. His first movie and Avengers appearances are weak, there is a reason Tony was the sole star for a while.

Thor was lame until Ragnarok and Infinity War, went from 0-100 quick.

I liked CM but she wasn’t really the best superhero, give her 2-3 more movies, will especially be interesting post-Endgame.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicVine: “I believe that if a writer holds certain political views, that shouldn’t affect whether their work is good. An author is different than their craft.”

Also ComicVine: “bwaahhh Brie Larson disagrees with me so she’s evil!”

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 morpheus_  Moderator

@tomkatie said:

ComicVine: “I believe that if a writer holds certain political views, that shouldn’t affect whether their work is good. An author is different than their craft.”

Also ComicVine: “bwaahhh Brie Larson disagrees with me so she’s evil!”

CV isn't a singular entity. Some people said the former, some the latter. Some maybe both, or neither. I know you understand this, so I'm unsure about your point.

People are hypocrites and will either go to great lengths to defend things they like while also criticizing things they don't almost immediately. It's not exactly new, is it? Larson's problem is that her craft (pertaining to CM) is sufficiently underwhelming to a degree that people are not willing to overlook her prior statements.

I personally don't care what Larson has said. She needs a more lively performance and far better writing. "Hur dur, I'm strong, you didn't have me before" isn't a personality.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

@foxerdes said:

@anthp2000: I was mostly refuting the points about Steve being poorly written etc. I haven't really rewatched Captain Marvel yet. Once I do, I can make a coherent case as to why I don't think her development and characterization is particularly appealing.

Lol do so.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anthp2000  Moderator

@foxerdes said:

@anthp2000: I've used all those 10 $ words and you didn't back down?

No Caption Provided

I never back down. It's what MCU Carol's character has taught me.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 anthp2000  Moderator
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jgames

@anthp2000: I thought Brier Larson was alright as Captain Marvel, but due to the writing and direction, I just could not get invested in the character struggle. I am not trying to bash her, just pointing out what I personally dislike, and thats the fact that the movie did not do a good job in giving her an arc, or giving her a challenge. I mean I would have love to see her time in the military and trying to prove everybody wrong despite them trying to put her down. But they justshow like 10 second flashback for the most part except the plane crash thing where she got her power. Making me be disconnected to her struggle.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator

@jgames: That's perfectly fine. It's an opinion on the movie's quality. The thing is, people are using the argument that the actual character didn't have a person struggle and was born perfect or whatever. This is clearly not the case regardless of how well you think they put it on screen.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@xyzen said:

Cap is a selfish annoying character I've been saying this since CW. People are just obsessed with him.

This is true.

People like him because Chris Evans is handsome. That's it.