#1 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

Under construction

No Caption Provided

Strength

(Ch 274) Blocks a slash form Zoro even comments on Zoro's strength. Zoro's strength at the time. [Ch 194]

No Caption Provided

[Ch 194] Zoro throws a large section of a building.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

(Ch 275) Enel holds Zoro swords in place with Zoro shown to be struggling in a contest of strength.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

(Ch 280) Catches Luffy's punches, slamming him.

(Ch 281) Enel blocks & no sells a Luffy's kick with an arm.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 282) Kick the giant gold ball over the side. Moving the ball alone is an impressive feat.

(Ch 285) Pushes a giant gear back into place.

No Caption Provided

Speed/Perception

(Ch 254) Brief display of agility.

(Ch 260) Enel uses his devil fruit for travel.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 264) Enel converts into lightning to outpace his target.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 265) Enel's devil fruit speed is fast enough to cross large distances in a blink & could be mistaken for instant teleportation. Although it could be called lightning teleportation or movement.

(Ch 273) Dodges a point blank Burn Bazooka[Ch 260].

[Ch 260] Burn Bazooka uses a gas explosion to hit it's targets and reaches several dozen meters.

(Ch 274) Reacts to Zoro's slash & blocks Burn Bazooka with lightning. Enel lightning produced a sonic boom, so its speed is given.

(Ch 280) Haki & lightning teleportation in combat.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

(Ch 280) Catches Luffy's punches during a Gatling.

Durability/Endurance

(Ch 275) Enel is hit with the Reject Dial [Ch 296] that's coated in kairouseki (negating his devil fruit). While Enel's heart does stop temporarily from a direct hit [Ch 246 & 256] he's fine after it's restarted. All around durability feat.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

[Ch 246 & 256] A Reject Dial is a stronger version of an Impact Dial stated to be ten times at least.

[Ch 296] Blows a hole in the Beanstalk.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 279 - 280) Gets up after a devastating kick from Luffy [Ch 93]. Keep in mind Enel isn't used to getting hit.

[Ch 93] Luffy's kick can bust a large building. Such as Arlong park.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

(Ch 280) Waste no time getting up after another kick or Gomu Gomu no Axe.

(Ch 281) Enel blocks & no sells a Luffy's kick with an arm.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 281) Enel gets hit repeatedly with punches and kick. Some of which are Luffy's strongest attacks at the time such as Bazooka and Rifle. Although temporarily KOed Enel gets up an continues his plan.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Mantra/Kenbunshoku Haki

(244) Using his Devil Fruit and Haki Enel is able to hear, perceive and attack citizens who has broken his laws with pint point accuracy. Keep in mind he's on another another island.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

(Ch 257) The first explanation of mantra and Enel's on panel display.

(Ch 264) Enel states that 20 voices disappeared, which should note he can sense death.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 265) Enel's haki allows him to be aware of hidden enemies.

(Ch 270) Shows up when his name is called.

(Ch 272) Another display of haki & power.

(Ch 278) Enel's explanation of how he combines his haki and devil fruit.

No Caption Provided

Devil Fruit Goro Goro no Mi

(Ch 241) First feat of the in the manga & a nice display of power. Incinerates a person & a huge tree with El Thor. Nami and Wiper & The Priest are small compared to the roots alone.

Perspective shots.

(Ch 244) Enel using more power than the last time El Thor destroys a city block.

(Ch 254) Enel causally electrocutes the Priest while passing by.

(Ch 259) Electrocutes Sanji.

(Ch 260) Electrocutes Usopp with a tap of his finger.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 260) Enel uses his devil fruit for travel

No Caption Provided

(Ch 263 - 264) Enel's devil fruit defense is commonly referred to as logia intangibility. Logia dispersion is a more accurate description considering Enel's body is lightning (unless bypassed by rubber & kairoseki/seastone) allowing him to passively electrocute the warrior stabbing him.

(Ch 264) One million volts. The electricity spreads across the cloud river paralyzing and electrocuting 20 others on it.

(Ch 272) Another display of haki & power.

(Ch 272) Multi-city block destruction under his own power.

(Ch 273) Performing El Thor on panel one shotting a giant snake.

(Ch 274) Thirty million volts.

(Ch 275) Enel devil fruit restarts his heart.

(Ch 276) Thirty million volts Thunder Bird & Thunder Beast.

(Ch 278) Enel's devil fruit complements his mantra/haki allowing him to read electromagnetic waves to listen in on all the citizens of the country he rules. Easily allowing him to cast judgement on those who break his law.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 279) Sixty million volts Julunggul.

(Ch 279) One hundred million volts vari.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 280) Gloam Paddling/Thunder Metallurgy reshapes his gold staff also heating it.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 280) Moves through solid gold.

(Ch 281) Enel using his ship to create thunder clouds where they don't form then starts to control the lightning to attack.

(Ch 282) Reshapes a large piece of gold into a ball.

(Ch 285) Controlling the thunder clouds Enel rains lightning over multiple islands.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 294) Raigo/Thunder Greeting. Reshapes the thunder clouds into a ball & vaporizes the island (Angel Island). [Ch 285]

[Ch 244] Angel Island establishing shot. Note: Not the full island.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 295) Raigo again but many times bigger capable of destroying skypiea. [Ch 281] Ark Maxim size with [Ch 285] View of Upper Yard & Angel Island off in the distance. Note: Not the full scope of both islands or distance in between them.

No Caption Provided

[Ch 281 - 283] Ark Maxim establishing size from in & around upper yard (an island), also compared to the beanstalk.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

[Ch 285] Establishing shot.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 298) Two-hundred million volts Reishin.

No Caption Provided

(Ch 429 Enel's Great Space Operation) Enel can survive on the moon unaided.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Sy8000 (35236 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I'd considered making this myself back when I was still making these. Anyhow this looks very well done.

#3 Edited by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Oda explains why Enel can survive on the moon. I know his people come from the moon, but seriously.

Beata

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#4 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Oda explains why Enel can survive on the moon. I know his people come from the moon, but seriously.

Beata

I agree.

Also do you think Enel will return anytime soon in the Manga?

#5 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

@heirtothekingdom: I think Oda mentioned him making a comeback.

But as much as i like him i wouldn't want him to.

Beata

#6 Posted by Nite_Nite (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

Now this is how you do a respect thread for manga characters.

Sections of Abilities. Check.

Exact chapter # to back just why certain feats are impressive. Check.

Organized in linearity. Check.

Most of these other manga respect threads need to be redone like this...Especially the fan favorite here because a lot of those feats are unquantifiable; meaning there's nothing on panel to back why they should be impressive. Especially when that fan favorite series gets matched up against other action based titles.

#7 Edited by tsoj (3602 posts) - - Show Bio

There are two things that I think need to be fixed. One, there needs to be some context with how fast the stuff Enel has reacted to are, such as Burn Bazooka (the first scan of which does not seem point blank to me at all; they seem rather far apart from each other, actually), Zoro's slashes, and Luffy's punches, as well as the speed of the people he's blitzed. Two, the second to last scan should say "200 million volts," rather than "2 million volts."

Oh, and just how big was that island Enel vaporized? Like, just how big was the ship that his Raigo was eclipsing? That might be a good way to scale it's size (for the bigger Raigo anyway).

Other than that stuff, you did a good job.

#8 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: I thought you would considering the for Magellan an arc specific character. Appreciate the compliment.

@spidey_jackson Right now the running theory is devil fruit considering Enel is surviving unaided.

@nite_nite Means a lot to know my style of respect threads doesn't go unnoticed. Also adding chapters #s helps in fact checking & critiquing the context given for users who visit. Also did one for Zoro if you're interested (warning long).

@tsoj Thanks for the input, I'll have the thread finished this week. Will look into adding those feats & perspective.

#9 Posted by Nite_Nite (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: just checked it out. I don't know how you muster the focus to make these.

#10 Edited by DeathHero61 (18776 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: Still waiting for obligatory Nami respect thread T.T I wanna use her in a CAV or tourney

#11 Posted by HigherPower (12327 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: Can I use some of these scans for the tourney match? I see it still says under construction but I don't recognize anything that's missing.

#12 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14700 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_vulcan: Go right ahead, I made this so I would always have these scans on hand. Also I think all my one piece respect thread are under construction for the sake that these character can get more feats.

#13 Edited by HigherPower (12327 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: Thanks lol, I wasn't about re-read the whole Skypeia arc.

I doubt Enel is going to get more feats though. IIRC he went to the moon to establish an empire at the end of the arc, so an appearance wouldn't be relevant.