• 81 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wondering what the consensus is on here regarding Thors power level from endgame.

His physical appearance aside I think he’s still on level with his Ragnarok / IW level self.

In fact I think he’s been around the same power level since Thor one except unlocking a few extra abilities like lightning cloak / strikes without Mjolnir or controlling mojlnir ike the beginning of Ragnarok.

Forging a better killing weapon during Infinity war gave him some new abilities as we all know.

But his strength, durability, speed and fighting skills have been the same during almost all of his appearances.

I think he has been lowballed during the end battle of endgame he still kills fodder effortlessly but wasn’t the focus like he was in IW.

He matches Thanos (fully armoured / bloodlusted and a comparable weapon) in a couple of scenarios but lost in the end as he should do.

He had a good feat of KOing iron man from his baseball bat swing of Mjolnir and he intelligently used Mjolnir and Stormbreaker in a lock to bring Thanos to one knee to almost get the neck blow (with Caps help eventually).

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By IAmTheLaw

@akhilxcx said:

thor endgame was a stupidity from directors in power level sense. i can simply state thor in iw easily beat thanos with ig(multiversal level character as much as i read on these forums and all those debates) on the other hand thor endgame with sb and mew mew was getting stomped by thanos(no ig) which just seems stupid and lazy writing. 2014 thanos > infinity war thanos wtf to that

The difference is that Thanos was going hard in this movie. In Infinity War he wasn't fighting to kill the heroes. It was a pretty obvious conclusion to draw, I'm not sure why so many people are missing it.

Thor might be slightly weaker in this film, but it's not substantial. There's a reason he couldn't beat Thanos, even with another Thor helping him. Thanos is on another level even without the gauntlet.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor in Endgame was stupid. He had so many abilities to use against Thanos but chose to fight in in Melee. Had he fought smarter I think he could've beat Thanos

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here in CV most of us can understand PG13 movies, and Thor in Endgame was a shadow of Infinity War...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

I think he has been lowballed during the end battle of endgame he still kills fodder effortlessly

The mark of a strong character.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stronger than he was in Infinity War because of Mjolnir.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman:

I see people on here and Reddit etc constantly bring up that he wasn’t doing big slams or destroying ships so I thought it was relevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: yeah PG-13 movies suit you judging by the tone of that answer big man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killermovies: Couldn’t that be said for every single fight Thor has had in the MCU though?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: yeah PG-13 movies suit you judging by the tone of that answer big man.

Sorry, but by the content of you posts you are the one who apparently don't get them...

Here is the directors help...

“No, he’s broken and that’s who he is moving forward,” said Joe Russo, who described it as their way of showing how he has fallen apart after the Snap, the destruction of his homeworld Asgard, and the loss of nearly everyone he knew or loved.

“How is everyone processing their grief? We wanted them all to process it in very different ways. And Thor is an exceedingly tragic character who was built from the time he was a boy to be a king,” Joe continued. “What is the distance that a character like that can travel, a god? Somebody, especially, who looks like Chris Hemsworth?”

So they made him a physical and emotional trainwreck.

There are a lot of jokes at his expense. Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper) calls Thor a “melting ice cream cone,” and even his mother, Frigga (Rene Russo), pleads with him to eat more salad before bidding him adieu. But the Russos insist there’s a serious side to Out-of-Shape Thor, too.

“Even though there’s a lot of fun to be had in the movie with his physical condition, it’s not a gag,” Anthony said. “It’s a manifestation of where he is on a character level, and we think it’s one of the most relatable aspects of him. I mean, it’s a very common sort of response to depression and pain.”

“What would happen if that character became extremely angry and started to punish himself and didn’t care anymore?” Joe said. “What would happen to him? He’s an alcoholic now, he doesn’t care about anything. He doesn’t care about himself.”

That’s the reason why we didn’t end up turning him back,” Anthony said. “It’s an experience that stays with him.”

When Thor journeys back in time to Asgard during the era of The Dark World, he encounters his mother again, who is about to lose her life. “The future has not been kind to you,” she says after laying eyes on him.

Thor breaks. He tells her he failed to live up to what was expected of him.

“Everyone fails at who they’re supposed to be, Thor,” she answers. “The measure of a person, of a hero, is how well they succeed at being who they are,” she tells him.

That fortifies the Thunder God enough to keep going. “I missed you, Mum,” he says.

By the end of the story, Thor has ceded the crown of the survivor colony New Asgard to Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie, who has been filling the role of leader anyway. “It’s time to be who I am rather than who I’m supposed to be,” he tells her, echoing his mother’s words. “But you — you’re a leader. That’s who you are.”

Then he decides to become part of a new team — venturing off in the Benatar with the Guardians of the Galaxy, and chafing Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord by referring to the group as “The Asgardians of the Galaxy, back together again!”

It’s a glint of optimism. Maybe the next time we see him he’ll be in a better place.

He may have made some repair in this movie and made progress, but that experience that brought him to that physical condition is still with him, and it’s a longer road beyond that,” Anthony said. “We don’t know what that road beyond that is for him.link

The question is, why was Tony Stark the one chosen by the Russo Brothers to take the fall?

"Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard:

Right ok a lot of filler and some comments about his mental and physical condition that was obvious did you watch the film it’s there to see that’s why he can’t do the snap they don’t trust he would be mentally prepared to restore half the universe and still keep the current five years.

I’m talking purely once he’s powered up and ready to kill and judging him by feats and his fighting prowess and power nothing more which imo he didn’t look much different from previous showings, Thor has never done well against powerhouses in the MCU.

EDIT - it was also pretty much spelled out that only Hulk and Thanos can survive the MCU snap.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

Maybe in the Bluray there will be even more accessible explanations... Stay tuned...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I hope so mate it would be helpful!

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor endgame was a stupidity from directors in power level sense. i can simply state thor in iw easily beat thanos with ig(multiversal level character as much as i read on these forums and all those debates) on the other hand thor endgame with sb and mew mew was getting stomped by thanos(no ig) which just seems stupid and lazy writing. 2014 thanos > infinity war thanos wtf to that

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is weak ass waste.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

@akhilxcx said:

(multiversal level character as much as i read on these forums and all those debates)

Wait what? The infinity gauntlet was never shown to be multiversal.

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: from most of the battle threads on this site in my experience most people place thanos as a multiversal threat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: @akhilxcx: Jedi is right wiith the IG he would be universal at best for one or two “snaps” in the mcu certainly no where close to multiversal lol

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: there are posts that exists bcoz people put thanos with ig against multiversal threats and still thanos was beating those multiversal beings so that's why i said multiversal. i know its universal and all i meant was thor in iw was above universal but shit in front of normal thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akhilxcx: well Thor has never been above Thanos he just threw his axe and it counters an IG beam that’s literally it tbh.

I think MCU Thanos vs Thor actually head to head is 9-10/10 Thanos

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I'm not doing this with CV anymore lol. Thor wasn't nerfed (not that the OP said he was), and that's my stance on the matter. Regal out. XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: it counters it bcoz some dwarf created weapon is stronger than a Gauntlet that dwarf created which holds the power of not one but sig elemental stones that contains all crazy sort of powers. i call bs on that a weapon is strong bcoz of its wielder which clearly states that thor is on a whole another level in infinity war. then comes endgame in which he still has his weapon that shot through the beam of ig and his another weapon which makes him so much worthy of holding infinite power and after all this he can't beat thanos who's in his base form currently???? thats some major plotholes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akhilxcx: I think you are overblowing quite a few things mate there’s a lot to remember here -

Thanos isn’t trying to kill in wakanda just get the snap.

He likely believes Thor is dead or in space.

As far as Thanos is concerned he shut down the Dwarven forge for good and no more Uru weapons can be made.

Lastly Stormbreaker itself caught Thanos off guard not so much Thor.

In endgame we actually see on screen Thor fight Thanos head on both armoured and with weapons it’s a completely different scenario.

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: i am not overblowing anything just stating my opinions here.i think thor was severely nerfed bcoz they wanted a long fight that included all avengers and story goes on everyone's fighting each other so it's the plot that made thor bs in endgame.

also thanos not trying to kill everyone in wakanda is a major lol bcoz he is trying to kill half the universe and he didn't send a tickling ray from ig towards stormbreaker. so either the power of ig was all bs or just plot convenience for snap only or stormbreaker is better than ig in which case thor could've easily ended the fight with endgame thanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akhilxcx: why would they bother doing that though Thanos has always beat Thor in a fight there was nothing showing otherwise? The end of IW was done for dramatic effect mostly.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JediXMan  Moderator

@akhilxcx said:

@jedixman: from most of the battle threads on this site in my experience most people place thanos as a multiversal threat.

Then those threads and the people posting in them are wrong.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While EG Thor may not have been any physically weaker than before , he is still the weakest we have seen him , simply due to the fact that how bad he fights in EG .

The guy is a 1500 year old warrior God , and yet he still went to fight Melee against someone he knew was physically superior and more skilled . He didn't even bother using his other powers to attack Thanos. He didn't use the thunder directly on him , nor did he use his cyclones . He didn't even throw Stormbreaker at him while he was distracted .

The fact that Thor performed much worse than Cap against Thanos despite having a superior weapon shows how bad Thor actually was . He didn't even land one hit on Thanos . Cap was using Mjolnir more effectively than Thor although Thor has been using it for like a thousand years.

Thor was much weaker in terms of tactics , and that was required for the movie to work. If Thor was at his normal mindset , past Thanos would have met the same fate as future Thanos in the same way .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol:

In fairness though Cap has always been shown as the better skilled fighter and he combos with a defensive and offensive weapon and another offensive weapon.

Before and after that one Cap moment Thanos dodged the shield and Mjolnir repeatedly I really don’t think Thor could have done anything different other than the film makers have him down lightning.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While EG Thor may not have been any physically weaker than before , he is still the weakest we have seen him , simply due to the fact that how bad he fights in EG .

The guy is a 1500 year old warrior God , and yet he still went to fight Melee against someone he knew was physically superior and more skilled . He didn't even bother using his other powers to attack Thanos. He didn't use the thunder directly on him , nor did he use his cyclones . He didn't even throw Stormbreaker at him while he was distracted .

The fact that Thor performed much worse than Cap against Thanos despite having a superior weapon shows how bad Thor actually was . He didn't even land one hit on Thanos . Cap was using Mjolnir more effectively than Thor although Thor has been using it for like a thousand years.

Thor was much weaker in terms of tactics , and that was required for the movie to work. If Thor was at his normal mindset , past Thanos would have met the same fate as future Thanos in the same way .

Exactly what I've been trying to say

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Cap has been shown as a better close combat fighter. That doesn't mean that he should be better than Thor using a weapon he uses for the first time .

Think of it like this. If someone has been writing using a pen for 500 years , there's no way someone holding a pen for the first time can outperform him , no matter how skilled he is . The only way Cap performing better makes sense is if Mjolnir gave him Thor's battle knowledge and experience too.

Thor could have done way better imo. He could have used the cyclone to hold Thanos in midair , essentially immobilizing him , and then proceed to throw lightening on him. He could have stabbed him with Stormbreaker when Marvel was holding him , Wanda was holding him or any other moment he was distracted. He could have repeatedly used lightening and looked for an opening to drive Stormbreaker into him.

There's so many ways Thor could have done much better , but since he has a one shot weapon , the writers decided to nerf him so that the movie remains interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: I disagree on Caps skills.

I agree about the cyclone but it’s almost been soft retconned that he doesn’t do those anymore sadly.

He was else where in battle during Thanos vs Wanda so that could work.

During Carol vs Thanos though he was KOd by a Thanos headbutt.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: ur kind of reaching with the mjolnir giving cap Thor’s experience thing here... people on CV have already decided that apparently mjolnir didn’t even give him Thor’s strength or speed. I think what it is is just Thor isn’t a skilled fighter. We have NEVER seen Thor fight with such fluidness like cap did. Thor just goes around shooting lightning throwing it and waving it around most of the time. Infinity war is a great example. Throws it, smacks it on ground, flies through stuff... Thor just don’t got no skill he a brawler and it fits him

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@trololololol: ur kind of reaching with the mjolnir giving cap Thor’s experience thing here... people on CV have already decided that apparently mjolnir didn’t even give him Thor’s strength or speed. I think what it is is just Thor isn’t a skilled fighter. We have NEVER seen Thor fight with such fluidness like cap did. Thor just goes around shooting lightning throwing it and waving it around most of the time. Infinity war is a great example. Throws it, smacks it on ground, flies through stuff... Thor just don’t got no skill he a brawler and it fits him

People decided? that cant be...... IW and EG showed capt having a boost with mjolnir. Speed i'd agree but Strength is different.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: he was depressed and in a very bad condition physically. With a little pis,he didn't one shot the whole army like he did in IW. The movie was simply not meant to focus on him. And thanos was fighting to kill him and russos commented that thanos couldn't be beaten in 1v1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: I don’t know why people don’t think Cap had a power boost at that moment, the whole power of Thor thing has been discussed and foreshadowed for years Cap using lightning should be enough of an indicator for anyone.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: Yeah , he has abilities he never uses , even in the comics . Anyways , I doubt that he can't still do the cyclone thing. It's more like that it's an OP move , and would easily wipe out most of the minions , so he is nerfed out.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: It doesn't matter what the people on CV have decided , they aren't the creators of MCU . Even still , the vine never truly agrees on something and there's always a dispute .

Thor is a very skilled fighter when he needs to be . You can see his battles on Jotunheim and Muspelheim to see how ruthless he can be . He was also a beast against the destroyer . Furthermore , he handled himself pretty well against Hulk without any Asgardian weapon . He also defeated very skilled shield agents while being powerless . Thor is not unskilled , its more like that he is dumbed down so that the other avengers can shine as well .

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Wanda was destroying him in a 1v1 . Carol would have also defeated him . Strange could no-diffed him without the gauntlet . It's incorrect to say that Thanos was unbeatable in a 1v1 if the feats prove otherwise .

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: Wanda was an infinity stone level being. So she could have killed him. Thanos can't be beaten in 1v1 is because thanos uses everything in his disposal to the fullest. That's how he survived Wanda and everyone else

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: commanding your ships to launch missile on your opponent isn't considered 1v1 . It was Thanos + army vs Wanda , not Thanos vs Wanda . If Thanos alone goes into a fight with her , he'd die .

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: I told you that Wanda could have killed him. But others can't beat him 1v1

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: Yeah , Wanda killing him proves that the statement "no-one can kill him 1v1" was wrong .

Besides , I am pretty sure that Strange and Carol can defeat him too. Carol is powered by the stone just like Wanda , and Strange can just send Thanos into the sun .

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

People who think Thor was in peak condition in Endgame are stupid and have not seen enough movie to know that yes he was nerf.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: shame the thread is nothing to do with peak condition mate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: yep those 3 for sure have the best chance.

I think going by what I’ve seen and the Russo Bros statements it’s more based on the situation Thanos could beat anyone 1v1 in most random encounters imo.

I think something that balances the MCU did well is Dr Strange and Wanda (only at full bloodlust) have a Kryptonite to Thanos abilities due to there Hax.

Where as Thor / Hulk / Iron Man or any battles based characters just can’t compete with him physically.

It’s been good to see Marvel and DC have some roughly team buster level villains lately.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trololololol: could have killed him. That's what I am trying to tell you. He somehow prevented his death. And argue that with the Russo's who made this statement

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos still can't tank sky-lightning from Thor though.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers