ENDGAME SPOILERS - Which was sadder?

Edited 3 months, 24 days ago

Poll: ENDGAME SPOILERS - Which was sadder? (84 votes)

Thanos sacrificing Gamora 39%
Black Widow sacrificing herself 61%
#1 Posted by MAZAHS117 (13395 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Mainly because I didn’t see that coming with them sacrificing Gamora like that, whereas with Widow I knew coming into Endgame there was a high percentage she was going to die somehow

#2 Posted by mrmonster (16739 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow

#3 Posted by Eobard21 (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#4 Posted by the_wspanialy (4329 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Lan_Fan (18121 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c
#6 Posted by deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora. I felt nothing from Widow dying. The movie really tried hard to get people to like her and it was obvious, look at how out of character she was, or moreso having character. It was blatant like when she was reassuring Antman and went "He's kidDING" sounding like a cliche white highschool girl. She used to be a cardboard but now she's crying, genuinely laughing and expressing her feelings, talking about family and shit.

"See you in a minute :)"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc67b0035006
#7 Posted by deactivated-5cc67b0035006 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I was more in shock at Gamora's death, but Nat's death hit harder.

#8 Posted by uugieboogie (13615 posts) - - Show Bio

This. And especially when she didn’t come back.

#9 Edited by Ghostodoofus2 (1987 posts) - - Show Bio

There are still a lot of people who haven't seen Endgame so the title should've had a spoiler alert. Anyway, Black Widow's death was permanent so her's.

#10 Posted by Soratoumiga (4795 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow.

#11 Posted by KingLouie (3568 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow’s is silly, dumb, Cliche and very risky.

#12 Posted by skywalker95 (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

There are still a lot of people who haven't seen Endgame so the title should've had a spoiler alert. Anyway, Black Widow's death was permanent so her's.

If i had put Endgame in the title, then obviously people would know that there is a death in the film.

#13 Posted by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95: ....and how is that worse than blatently spoiling exactly who dies without any warnings or blocks?

#14 Posted by Gaoron (9923 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously both of them were.

#15 Posted by Batvibe12 (5967 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora.

#16 Posted by skywalker95 (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95: ....and how is that worse than blatently spoiling exactly who dies without any warnings or blocks?

Well i can't win now can i? If i put Endgame in the title, they're gonna know that there is a death, and if i don't put it, they will click and be spoiled.

If it's that deep, i'll get a mod to edit it. Which mod has seen it?

#17 Edited by huthimamwa (2605 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95: I just dont see the reasoning in going with the objectively worse option. If you put "Endgame spoilers" in the title, sure, someone might suspect there is a death but it isn't directly spoiling anything. But you decided that blatently posting exactly who dies without any blocks or warning was somehow the better option?

Or you could just....wait bit longer. If you really felt that there was no way of posting this thread without spoiling the movie then why would you even post the thread? Its not like this poll HAD to be posted now instead of in a few weeks.

#18 Posted by Magian (152946 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora's was better executed.

#20 Edited by PenguinDust (9716 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster said:

Black Widow

This. The Soul Stone demands sacrifice, but I never felt that there was a tight bond between Gamora and Thanos. IW tries to suggest there is when she cries after "killing" him on Nowhere, but in the first two Guardians movies and in the first half of IW, she hates him. Thanos is always more arrogant than loving when speaking to either of the sisters. Clint and Natasha show a bond from the original Avengers, though and that continues to grow through the sequels. I feel he'll be dealing with her loss still in his Disney+ mini-series.

#21 Edited by Joker567892 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my problem with Widow's death is the fact that her film is coming soon.

If shes dead, how will the film have a role in the MCU besides the odd cameo from a Character or Easter eggs?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#22 Edited by The Impersonator (8500 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of those two options, Tony's death is sadder. The MCU started with him, and in the end, he sacrificed his life to save the universe.

#23 Posted by Amcu (17367 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c
#24 Posted by deactivated-5cc88dc0cd01c (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora

#25 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3221 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#26 Edited by IndomitableRegal (17337 posts) - - Show Bio

Pfft. Gamora's easily. I chuckled when Black Widow died. Loved it.

And for the record: Tony's death > Fitz's death >>>>> Every other MCU death

#27 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3794 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow, and it really cemented her growth as a character

She started out as a spy with almost no clear side, and she grew into someone who puts her family (The Avengers) before anyone else. She sacrificed everything for Hawkeye/The Avengers/The Universe

Also really unpopular opinion: I though Widow’s death was sadder than Iron Mans

#28 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19085 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow's mostly because I realized she wasn't coming back. When Gamora died I felt they would bring her back somehow, which they did but an alternate version of her, which in turn pretty much means the original one is staying dead, so now it is arguably just as sad, if not more sad when thinking about it in hindsight.

#29 Posted by The_Kidd (12525 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamora. I felt nothing from Widow dying. The movie really tried hard to get people to like her and it was obvious, look at how out of character she was, or moreso having character. It was blatant like when she was reassuring Antman and went "He's kidDING" sounding like a cliche white highschool girl. She used to be a cardboard but now she's crying, genuinely laughing and expressing her feelings, talking about family and shit.

"See you in a minute :)"

Lol. This. The only other movie where Widow was this emotive was AoU and she felt out of character their too.

#30 Posted by DerbyCityRose (81 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by skywalker95 (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of those two options, Tony's death is sadder. The MCU started with him, and in the end, he sacrificed his life to save the universe.

There is no Tony in this. It's just between Thanos and Black Widow.

#32 Posted by GateOfBabylon (5012 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_impersonator said:

I think he got confused with this thread and another similarly titled thread comparing Tony's and Logan's death.

#33 Posted by MarvelBuffNerd (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I think in the moment, seeing each for the first time, i was saddened equally. Gamora's took me more by surprise so it had more of an initial "shock" factor, but Widow's actually set in and has that "well shit, this sucks" feeling, whereas Gamora's doesn't.

#34 Posted by skywalker95 (5665 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95 said:
@the_impersonator said:

I think he got confused with this thread and another similarly titled thread comparing Tony's and Logan's death.

I see. Now it makes sense. Thanks.

#35 Posted by Trololololol (863 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither . Didn't really like Gamora too much , and some idiot spoiled Black Widow's death. So , I was pretty much indifferent to their deaths .

I was spoiled about Tony's death too , but it still managed to make me somewhat sad .

However , I am still most pissed about being spoiled about Cap lifting Mjolnir , which was considered by many to be the best scene of the movie .

#36 Posted by The_Magister (14930 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12067 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow got e to cry.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#38 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow because she didn't have anybody.

#39 Edited by AlexTheBoss (19085 posts) - - Show Bio

@trololololol: How did you get so many things spoiled? Were like a target or something? Or did one guy do it all at the same time?

#40 Edited by Trololololol (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss: Well my friend inboxed me a pic . Not knowing what it was , I opened it . To my fury it contained massive endgame spoilers . Showed cap lifting mjolnir , Thor growing a beard , and spiderman being back .

And a few days before EG was released , I was randomly surfing youtube . While surfing , I saw a video with a title " Tony stark dies in Avengers Endgame (spoiler alert) " . I was so pissed with the title and hoping that this wasn't true and just a troll . As a result , I couldn't stop myself from reading the comments to confirm whether it was true or not. To my surprise , the first comment said that Black Widow also dies as a sacrificed to the soul stone . I didn't know what it meant at that time , but while watching the movie , everything became clear when Hawkeye and Black Widow went to Vormir .

Anyways , from that point onwards I just didn't use Facebook or any social media website until endgame was released .

#42 Posted by AlexTheBoss (19085 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Trololololol (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss:

I don't really know. Maybe he was trying to be funny .

#44 Posted by ANTHP2000 (30364 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha's, really well done. She wiped out more red than she ever had in her ledger. I was crying my eyes out for 5 minutes straight.

I didn't really care about Gamora. Honestly, the GotG franchise isn't something I'm invested in at this point.

#45 Posted by KanyeCosby (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha. At least Gamora came back. It’s pretty clear that Black Widow isn’t coming back.

#46 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow, but neither were greatly executed imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc864887ab10
#47 Posted by deactivated-5cc864887ab10 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha was an original Avenger and doesn't get to come back.

#48 Posted by Kairan1979 (27542 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow's sacrifice. I'd rather see Ronin die.

#49 Posted by jashro44 (54798 posts) - - Show Bio

Natasha's scene. All though I don't think I found either scene quite sad. I found Gamora's death more interesting because it showed Thanos genuinely cared for her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
#50 Posted by deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

I was scared for Gamora and I felt like Natasha deserved better, but I wouldn’t say either death filled me with sadness. They were emotional in their own rights, but they just did not touch the way the writers probably expected them to.