• 91 results
#1 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened after Loki left with it? Am I missing something?

#2 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

Just another plot hole. No one knows.

#3 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

Damnit! shouldnt have spoiled myself.

#4 Edited by BalancedTruth (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares

#5 Edited by Asgaard (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

Opened a path for his Disney + series, no? Curiously after Endgame i could care less about any of the Mcu Asgardian stuff...

#6 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard:Yeah but he's alive in the current timeline now right? Potential Loki solo movie?

To be honest Endgame was so agressively mediocre that I've become sorta disenfranchised with the whole MCU now.

@balancedtruth: It's literally the only interesting loose end in the film. If you don't care then why even post?

#7 Posted by BalancedTruth (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus: it was worse than mediocre

#8 Edited by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: Might have to agree with that. It was a mess to say the least.

#9 Posted by Namebk (503 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

@asgaard:Yeah but he's alive in the current timeline now right? Potential Loki solo movie?

To be honest Endgame was so agressively mediocre that I've become sorta disenfranchised with the whole MCU now.

@balancedtruth: It's literally the only interesting loose end in the film. If you don't care then why even post?

I agree I preferred infinity war. Something about this film feels a bit different compared to the previous avenger's films.

#10 Posted by BalancedTruth (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus: you and many others will see it and agree. And eventually this movie will be seen as the disaster it is

#11 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@namebk: Yeah, I don't think it was any worse than AoU, but I feel the fact it's the culmination of 11 years of build up, and the end of a two - parter (which had a great 1st part) multiplied the dissapointment factor massively.

#12 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@balancedtruth: Yeah, it feels to me on the same level of disappointment as TLJ, but, I think it's the better film overall.

#13 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus: from the way time travel seems to work in the movie, it probably branches off another timeline, but not necessarily theirs, if you know what I mean?

From how they seemed to explain it, they can’t affect their timeline, cause it’s already happened and is essentially “locked” so to speak, but they can branch off alternate timelines from the various changes they’ve done. I don’t think we’ll see this Loki precisely for this reason (unless they explore the alternate timelines in film, which, hey, we could see a potential Secret Wars 2015 adaptation because of this)

#14 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike_fowler: I understood it as they then occupy that altered reality, I could be wrong though.

#15 Edited by Mike_Fowler (5075 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus: I’m not sure if you’ve ever seen dragon ball, but the time travel logic for the MCU seems to actually be more so along the lines of that than say, Back to the Future

When Trunks goes back in time, he can’t change the past that occurred in his future, because he’s essentially in another timeline. Whenever he travels back to the future, it’s always the future (or I guess present for him) that he’s from. Him going back in time also tended to lead to other timelines also being created (one in particular where Cell came from). That seems to be the case for the MCU. Basically, it doesn’t work like Back to the Future, where Marty messing with anything would affect his future.

They go back in time, but any alterations made just creates another branching timeline rather than affect their own.

#16 Posted by lantian1 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would they have to send the stones and hammer back if it has branching timelines. It wouldn't matter would it?

#17 Edited by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@lantian1: The real question is why didn’t they use the stones after Tony died to resurrect him? They still had them before Cap left, which also leads to another question about Cap showing up as an old man in the same timeline as everyone else even though if he stayed in the past it supposedly makes another timeline...

#18 Posted by AngryHulks (3762 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

Steve and Stark traveled back to 1970 to get the Tesseract decades before Loki does, and its location is known.

#19 Edited by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: so who would they sacrifice for that to happen considering the last person who snapped off people in a small area died from it ?

#20 Posted by lantian1 (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk has more than one arm

#21 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@lantian1 said:

Hulk has more than one arm

it's more likely to kill him the second time around.

#22 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Who are Thor and Captain Blandvel?

#23 Edited by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian said:

@kyrees: Who are Thor and Captain Blandvel?

the movie already addressed why thor can't be allowed to do it.

marvel ? are you asking that question because you hate her or because you don't see her bigger responsibilities compared to stark ?

#24 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4371 posts) - - Show Bio

which also leads to another question about Cap showing up as an old man in the same timeline as everyone else even though if he stayed in the past it supposedly makes another timeline...

Cap stayed in that timeline with Peggy till his old age, then returned to the current timeline.

#25 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: You asked who could use it and both of them could. Just because Thor is out of shape doesn't mean he couldn't get fit to use it.

Anyone with any knowledge of what a decent character looks like hates Blandvel.

#26 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: professor hulk said it best in the movie, he's the strongest avenger not thor and even then he suffered a lot.

personal opinion doesn't trump story telling objectives.

#27 Edited by Essem (336 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont get it, Loki took the tesseract, then the avengers took another tesseract so there are 2 tesseracts in play? With that logic you can pluck an endless amount of infinity stones and bring them to the present.

If you change the past shouldnt the future/present be affected, i cant remember how they explained it.

#28 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4371 posts) - - Show Bio

@essem said:

I dont get it, Loki took the tesseract, then the avengers took another tesseract so there are 2 tesseracts in play? With that logic you can pluck an endless amount of infinity stones and bring them to the present.

If you change the past shouldnt the future/present be affected, i cant remember how they explained it.

That's the thing. They didn't change the past. They took the Tesseract from 1970, and then returned it to 1970 at the exact same time. To that timeline, nothing was changed in 1970. This was explained in the Banner/A1 scene.

But yes, in 2012 of that timeline, Loki escaped with the Tesseract since they messed up. So I guess in that timeline, Loki's fate was changed.

#29 Posted by Essem (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@essem said:

That's the thing. They didn't change the past. They took the Tesseract from 1970, and then returned it to 1970 at the exact same time. To that timeline, nothing was changed in 1970. This was explained in the Banner/A1 scene.

But yes, in 2012 of that timeline, Loki escaped with the Tesseract since they messed up. So I guess in that timeline, Loki's fate was changed.

Okey yea i remember now. It's still a bit iffy though. So with that logic they could have made each of the Avengers a fully complete infinity gauntlet, but then just go and return the respective/duplicate stones to each of the timelines they took them from

#30 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4371 posts) - - Show Bio

@essem said:

Okey yea i remember now. It's still a bit iffy though. So with that logic they could have made each of the Avengers a fully complete infinity gauntlet, but then just go and return the respective/duplicate stones to each of the timelines they took them from

Technically yes, but they also stated in the movie that they didn't have many spots in the timeline to choose from where they could have grabbed the Stones.

#31 Posted by TheVVitchKing (622 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s to set up his solo series

#32 Posted by Asgaard (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus:

Potential Loki solo movie?

Are you unaware of this?

I don't think the movie is bad, its more some creative decisions and the execution, besides not understanding Thor's characterization even if made sense, i don't see how that chaotic Thor could still be worthy of Mjolnir...

#33 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@gateofbabylon: No he didnt. He took off the suit... That’s why the time machine didn’t pull him back...

#34 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Yeah, he’s the strongest when Thor is out of shape and Blandvel isn’t there. The MCU is really going out of its way to make Blandvel more powerful than anyone.

There’s no excuse for why they didn’t bring Tony back with the stones.

#35 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Yeah, he’s the strongest when Thor is out of shape and Blandvel isn’t there. The MCU is really going out of its way to make Blandvel more powerful than anyone.

There’s no excuse for why they didn’t bring Tony back with the stones.

that what they established unless you can do better but the box office rating of captain marvel says otherwise.

remove your hate glasses for a second and focus on the story since that is the perfect excuse on why they can't bring back tony. why are you so intent on hoisting thor (when the reason of his deterioration makes sense) and captain marvel (when she's an intergalactic protector) as possible sacrifices to MCU IG ? just think for a second, why risk such characters in the first place ? heck, marvel overpowering thanos doesn't prove anything when humans or half humans in the MCU has varied results on wielding the full power of one stone or even the whole gauntlet.

#36 Posted by Triplek (232 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: why can't Thor be allowed to do it?

#37 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@triplek said:

@kyrees: why can't Thor be allowed to do it?

because he's more likely to die from it given his current condition. heck i even doubt he can take it even in his prime condition when thanos suffered irreversible but livable damage to the stones as well.

#38 Posted by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Blandvel as a movie is a failure. Disney knows it, the fans know it, everyone knows it. RT was deleting negative comments on it so the score for it would be higher. Deal with it.

They can use it because Thanos used it. I don’t know why you’re intentionally acting stupid. Thor was stronger than Thanos at the end of IW, and Captain Blandvel is clearly around the same level.

So quit making excuses for a stupid plot hole.

#39 Posted by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Blandvel as a movie is a failure. Disney knows it, the fans know it, everyone knows it. RT was deleting negative comments on it so the score for it would be higher. Deal with it.

They can use it because Thanos used it. I don’t know why you’re intentionally acting stupid. Thor was stronger than Thanos at the end of IW, and Captain Blandvel is clearly around the same level.

So quit making excuses for a stupid plot hole.

box office says otherwise. deal with that.

thor being stronger than thanos in IW is only made possible because of stormbreaker being made by eitri

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

so yeah not a stupid plothole unless you have better authority than the russo brothers.

#40 Edited by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Thanks for confirming you’re actually stupid. How much money a movie makes doesn’t make it good.

Thor has Stormbreaker you moron, he was out of shape in Endgame, which is why he couldn’t use the stones.

Blandvel could of used them, now quit being obtuse because you can’t handle your trash movie being exposed.

#41 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5730 posts) - - Show Bio

Endgame was a disaster But I love disaster.

#42 Edited by kyrees (13547 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian said:

@kyrees: Thanks for confirming you’re actually stupid. How much money a movie makes doesn’t make it good.

Thor has Stormbreaker you moron, he was out of shape in Endgame, which is why he couldn’t use it.

Blandvel could of used them, now quit being obtuse because you can’t handle your trash movie being exposed.

money talks and whether or not your judgement of material dictates it to be bad or not is immaterial when the masses go in droves to watch/support the movie. civil war sucks to me but i don't profess how it failed miserably. thor dark world sucked and it showed apparently

so what of the earlier parts of infinity war then where thor is down because thanos attacked their ship ? you can't tell me the power stone helped in taking them down when the IW writers have said and highlighted that hulk not thor can be defeated by thanos with or without a power stone and that they meant thanos to be biggest villain in the movie ? or you might as well tell me that the black order defeated thor which makes less sense here. so tell me again why is thor stronger than thanos in IW before he acquired stormbreaker ?

there's no assurance that marvel would have not suffered from it. heck, multiple showings of hybrid humans handling a full power infinity stone always proves dangerous to its user, what more a full gauntlet ? there's no reason marvel would suffer less from it when physical strength alone isn't enough to actually harness parts of it, as proven by malekith and GoTG gang. just admit it, you are just looking for holes in a character you hate so that you can justify killing her off. at least story had a point in not using marvel as a sacrifice to the IG. you're just hell bent on pinning any reason for that supposed plothole.

i like how people tell me your movie is trashy because of personal prejudice not because they can't follow simple explanations or look at it neutrally and for the record, i find endgame satisfying since it finished the 10 years of MCU but i'm not hailing it as a masterpiece in any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc746539ff3b
#43 Edited by deactivated-5cc746539ff3b (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulkanian: yes a 1.2b dollar solo film is a failure.

#44 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.

#45 Edited by Vulkanian (658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Wtf are you on? Thor is more powerful than Thanos. What the hell is so hard for your puny brain to comprehend? Have you even seen Infinity War?

They get the gems, put them in another Stark gauntlet, give it to Blandvel, and she snaps Tony back to life. She’s not going to die because she’s strong enough to use it. I don’t know why you’re so intent on displaying your lack of critical thinking to me.

Being popular =/= quality. Pretty sure I learned that in Elementary. You clearly haven’t seen the Disney drama with Blandvel. They aren’t happy.

#46 Posted by Laurus (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard said:

@laurus:

Are you unaware of this?

Yes, I knew there was a netflix show coming out, but not a solo Loki film.

Avatar image for lovecomicsloveanimelovegameslo
#47 Posted by LoveComicsLoveAnimeLoveGamesLoveToys (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

i think avengers created another timeline where loki escaped

but then again cap gone back in time to put tessract where it belongs so loki escaping may be altered

#48 Posted by rogueshadow (29360 posts) - - Show Bio

When they go back in time they create a divergent timeline. Loki escaping isn't a plothole.

#49 Posted by GXrevs06 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

It is not really a plot hole. That was Loki from an alternate reality

#50 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36840 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot Hole for Disney Plus Series duh.