ENDGAME SPOILERS MCU Thor's hammer question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does Mjolnir actually grant Thor's powers to the worthy wielder like Odin said? It seems like there was more to wielding Mjolnir than simply wielding it. It seemed to buff Cap's stats and give him magical control.

In Endgame, not only does Cap have the ability to summon and spin Mjolnir, but channel lightning. He can hit hard enough with it to hurt Thanos and knock him back. It also seemed like his shield strikes became stronger. IIRC, Cap breaks Thanos' helmet. Cap doesn't just lift the hammer but seems stronger when wielding it. Then there's lightning control when last I checked, there's no button on Mjolnir. So it's magically linked up to Cap's mind and the connection holds even from a distance so he can summon it and the connection seems to extend to Stormbreaker. However, Cap can still get hurt more easily than Thor when disarmed of Mjolnir it seems, and he still ages normally without it. So is it that Cap gains the power of Thor only when holding the hammer and tapping into its magic? Or did it give him a passive buff that only applies to attack power? How and to what extent was Mjolnir boosting Cap? How does it work?

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not clear, the fact that it gave him lightning control is confusing as hell.

I would say that it doesn't buff Cap himself at all, but rather it allows Cap to use the power of Mjolnir.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Cap obviously hits way harder with Mjolnir than he does with his shield or h2h. He also gains lightning manipulation. Does it amp his other stats like durability or reflexes? I don't know.

Ianosm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall posess the power of Thor.

So yeah I think since Cap was worthy he gains Thors powers which gives him access to the lightning and boosts his latent strength and abilities. But Thor is insanely durable because hes asgardian and cap is still human so I would guess thats why he appears to be hurt more than Thor when Thanos gets a hold of him.

Just my guess though!

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I would say it does buff him. The enchantment says whoever wields this hammer shall possess the power of Thor. Also, Thor without it was just a regular human.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Superhero24

Odin literally puts the enchantment on the hammer in Thor 1 stating that a worthy person could wield the hammer possessing the power of Thor. This was literally stated within the movie. I don't know what more you need then something being spoon fed to you.