Endgame Spoilers

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tracey_nice

So the one thing that has been bothering me is how the hell is Cap sitting there at the end of the movie. The answer I came is the Endgame movie we watched wasn’t the original timeline that the events happened.

There was an original timeline where all the events happened as they did in Endgame but the timeline we watched wasn’t this. We watched a timeline where 2 Caps always existed. With one Cap always knowing what was going to happen and not letting himself be known in fear of changing events. Hence why he is able to sit there on the bench.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Works for me. If it can somehow be explained, it isnt a plot hole. Its only a plot hole if it CANNOT be explained.

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: the cap we know didn’t know. But there was a Cap married to Peggy the whole time who knew that came from the future.

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tracey_nice: I don't understand, but then how did cap fix his shield.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tracey_nice: well. In MCU time travel two people can coexist in the same timeline. Rhodes had suggested killing thanos as a baby. But then the snap wouldn't have happened and a new timeline could have been created. That's basically what the avengers wanted to avoid. Cap's case was different. He just went back and coexisted with past Steve to the point they became the same person. Steve didn't change anything in the said timeline and that's why he could appear there.

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: I don’t think that’s the case. Changing the past doesn’t change the future.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tracey_nice: of course it does. You kill baby thanos. The snap won't happen. So future is indeed changed

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: a new timeline is created. One that is the original timeline, whose future is unaffected and a new branch with Thanos dead.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tracey_nice: yeah that's basically what the avengers wanted to avoid

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a couple issues with that explanation:

• It seems Bruce sets the target destination, meaning if you're correct Bruce must've sent Cap back to a timeline that is none of the timelines we saw in the movie
  • They wouldn't do this, right now we can't say for sure, but given that Sam has his shield, that'd mean we're now going to follow a different timeline than we have been up to this point, not an error per se, but seems unlikely

tracey_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triplek: Old Cap presumerably had 80+ years to get a new shield... don’t know exactly how but I think it could be explained.