Endgame Captain Marvel vs JL Superman

• 134 results
Arachni-kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'd give it to Superman. He's got far less limitations than Captain Marvel.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@DammeFavour: think about it this way.

Superman's punch just broke the sound barrier and hit the target

Thanos punch not only broke the sound barrier, but added to that, the addition of a very strong power stone blast that could very well shatter a moon was aimed at Danvers.

Superman had a very strong punch, thanos had a very strong punch plus a moon shattering power stone blast

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos nor CM was impressive at all

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By pkety

@chazzer: I see u still dont know that supes got that insane buff after JL. The one where his two combat showings showed 1. He statues entire JL bar flash and 2. He did basically toy with and easily would’ve KO stepp but had to save civilians. Captain marvel literally sat there and watched thanos reach up, pull a stone, wind up, and punch her away. THATS her reaction time. She’s never shown impressive reaction times, the missile feat is not as good a strength feat as pulling tectonic plates, and blitzing giant ships isn’t going to help in a 1v1. Marvel is WW combat and reaction speed at best. And we saw what that did for WW.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark due to superior stats, shes not on his tier yet

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56 Batvibe12  Online

Clark.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark, comfortably.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: first off, Russo's are famous for nerfing characters. Though carol was not nerfed,the Russo's specialize in street level fights and that's why we didn't see destructive battle in endgame. Second off, whatever chazzer said

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@chazzer: I see u still dont know that supes got that insane buff after JL. The one where his two combat showings showed 1. He statues entire JL bar flash a

he was not statuing them at the start. He only went fast after flash entered

2. He did basically toy with and easily would’ve KO stepp but had to save civilians.

that's no excuse. If he is fast as claim him to be he could have saved them before steppenwolf could react.

Captain marvel literally sat there and watched thanos reach up, pull a stone, wind up, and punch her away.

if you watched the battle then you would know she was holding thanos back and thanos punched her in a second

THATS her reaction time. She’s never shown impressive reaction times, the missile feat is not as good a strength feat as pulling tectonic plates,

oh the outlier

and blitzing giant ships

when?

isn’t going to help in a 1v1. Marvel is WW combat and reaction speed at best. And we saw what that did for WW.

god if you can travel in light speed of course you would have a good reaction speed. Enough to counter superman. MCU captain will become as powerful as superman in time perhaps. She already has good strength feats and one shotting thanos,the same guy who broke vibranium, and has flown faster than DCEU supes had ever dreamt of in her first movie!

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pkety said:

@chazzer: I see u still dont know that supes got that insane buff after JL. The one where his two combat showings showed 1. He statues entire JL bar flash a

2. He did basically toy with and easily would’ve KO stepp but had to save civilians.

that's no excuse. If he is fast as claim him to be he could have saved them before steppenwolf could react.

Captain marvel literally sat there and watched thanos reach up, pull a stone, wind up, and punch her away.

if you watched the battle then you would know she was holding thanos back and thanos punched her in a second

THATS her reaction time. She’s never shown impressive reaction times, the missile feat is not as good a strength feat as pulling tectonic plates,

oh the outlier

and blitzing giant ships

when?

isn’t going to help in a 1v1. Marvel is WW combat and reaction speed at best. And we saw what that did for WW.

god if you can travel in light speed of course you would have a good reaction speed. Enough to counter superman. MCU captain will become as powerful as superman in time perhaps. She already has good strength feats and one shotting thanos,the same guy who broke vibranium, and has flown faster than DCEU supes had ever dreamt of in her first movie!

He is obviously statuing them, him and Flash are way faster than WW whom is a bullet timer already. Speed wise, that is way above all MCU characters has shown.

Outlier? Are you the same guy who argue Thor's star tanking feat is not an outlier too? Oh if you want to include Cap. Marvel off-screen implied super combat speed, then you should at least acknowledge the on screen Newspaper headline feat.

You failed to address the fact that Supes has never once harmed/hurt/bleed from non-kryptonite amped weapons.

And I'm pretty sure Cap. Marvel has a black eye given by Thanos there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Captain Marvel did not have any injuries after taking power stone to the face. Superman was destroyed by Nuke until Sunlight revived him.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazzar: @darkthunder: alright check this logic out. WW can react to submachine gun bullets as shown in the beginning of JL. That puts her above CM reaction speeds as thanos could connect with punches, AND if u look at the scene where she’s scrambling against thanos trying to reach for the gauntlet and he grabs her hands and just chucks her away, compared to supes who can statue WW who is already faster than CM and you’ll see y I have trouble believing y’all. She does not lightspeed blitz anything and has never done so, only used it literally once to travel, and has never had an impressive fight scene. It’s true superman can’t just do everything cause JL is already bad enough. That being said, at least supes has had showings of his speed in actual combat while marvel lost to some Kree dude and a street level combat speed thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@chazzar: @darkthunder: alright check this logic out. WW can react to submachine gun bullets as shown in the beginning of JL. That puts her above CM reaction speeds as thanos could connect with punches, AND if u look at the scene where she’s scrambling against thanos trying to reach for the gauntlet and he grabs her hands and just chucks her away, compared to supes who can statue WW who is already faster than CM and you’ll see y I have trouble believing y’all. She does not lightspeed blitz anything and has never done so, only used it literally once to travel, and has never had an impressive fight scene. It’s true superman can’t just do everything cause JL is already bad enough. That being said, at least supes has had showings of his speed in actual combat while marvel lost to some Kree dude and a street level combat speed thanos.

Did you forget Batman trashed Superman so hard that he cried for his mother. Great showing of speed right there.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire: do you just hate context?

No but the person I am replying is considering he said

marvel lost to some Kree dude

So I was giving him a taste of his own medicine

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder said:
@pkety said:

oh the outlier

and blitzing giant ships

when?

He is obviously statuing them, him and Flash are way faster than WW whom is a bullet timer already. Speed wise, that is way above all MCU characters has shown.

Ww has never reacted to anything above Mach 2. Even black panther has bullet timing feats.

Outlier? Are you the same guy who argue Thor's star tanking feat is not an outlier too? Oh if you want to include Cap. Marvel off-screen implied super combat speed, then you should at least acknowledge the on screen Newspaper headline feat

I have never said the star feat as not an outlier. But at least the showed it on screen.

You failed to address the fact that Supes has never once harmed/hurt/bleed from non-kryptonite amped weapons.

Superman has been koed by less.

And I'm pretty sure Cap. Marvel has a black eye given by Thanos there.

does having a black eye from the strongest being in the universe matter? Supe can't be hurt but koed

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@chazzar: @darkthunder: alright check this logic out. WW can react to submachine gun bullets as shown in the beginning of JL. That puts her above CM

I don't know a lot about the science of things but I think those bullets weren't above Mach 2. Even Thor can replicate that. Captain marvel has gone light speed and if you don't want to crash into planets,then you have got to have at the least massively hypersonic reaction.

reaction speeds as thanos could connect with punches, AND if u look at the scene where she’s scrambling against thanos trying to reach for the gauntlet and he grabs her hands and just chucks her away, compared to supes who can statue

yeah once and that's after flash entered. If he wanted he could have statued her at the start of the fight

WW who is already faster than CM and you’ll see y I have trouble believing y’all. She does not lightspeed blitz anything and has never done so,

never said anything about light speed blitz . I just told him you can use travel speed to blitz which superman constantly does

only used it literally once to travel, and has never had an impressive fight scene. It’s true superman can’t just do everything cause JL is already bad enough. That being said, at least supes has had showings of his speed in actual combat while marvel lost to some Kree dude and a street level combat speed thanos.

lol thanos was overpowering iron man and Thor at the same time so he has more than street level reaction. And it gets even more funny when you use a massively nerfed marvel here. Just look at the context before saying these things. If supes could,he could easily destroy steppenwolf who is was below Marvel's league. And superman couldn't do anything except push him back

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: ok dude I just need a few things. Thor reacting to bullets or anything near as fast (I’m not even going to bring up him bouncing a ball on his own face or consistently being tagged by thanos who was tagged by hulk)

2: just cause supes does it don’t mean CM does. We don’t go off assumptions here. I need scans or gifs.

3: beating Thor and IM means nothing when both those ppl don’t have any speed whatsoever.

4: yes superman doesn’t have consistent statues or else there would be no movie. But the thing is he at least DOES. I have vids that prove that easily while u will fail to provide any scan of any mcu character being able to move that fast bar QS. Speaking of QS remember how Thor wasn’t moving when he was doing his thing? Right. Oh and he got killed by bullets so... anyhow, supes would’ve recked Steppy considering he was toying with him. For movie reasons he can’t just kill him outright. And I’m not looking at weakened marvel. I’m looking at current marvel. Nothing in her solo movie says she sustained a massive nerf considering all she did was bust through fearless ships the same she did in EG.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@darkthunder: ok dude I just need a few things. Thor reacting to bullets or anything near as fast (I’m not even going to bring up him bouncing a ball on his own face or consistently being tagged by thanos who was tagged by hulk)

why don't you go see a MCU Thor respect thread? And if you want the feats then watch age of Ultron. In the first fight he dodges lasers which go at Mach speeds

2: just cause supes does it don’t mean CM does. We don’t go off assumptions here. I need scans or gifs.

you misunderstood what I said. I told you I never said marvel blitzed àñyóñé. I told that guy that you can use travel speed to blitz people which superman constantly does

3: beating Thor and IM means nothing when both those ppl don’t have any speed whatsoever.

yeah Thor reacted to lasers, iron man reacted to the tank. Yeah that's no speed right

4: yes superman doesn’t have consistent statues or else there would be no movie. But the thing is he at least DOES. I have vids that prove that easily while u will fail to provide any scan of any mcu character being able to move that fast bar QS. Speaking of QS remember how Thor wasn’t moving when he was doing his thing? Right. Oh and he got killed by bullets

good lord. Qs was already tired from fighting Ultron sentries and he was also hit by a laser and he had to run faster than A 10 bullets while pushing two humans. Please look at the context

so... anyhow, supes would’ve recked Steppy considering he was toying with him. For movie reasons he can’t just kill him outright.

that's no excuse. He killed DD,he killed zod. And steppenwolf was trying to destroy the earth

And I’m not looking at weakened marvel.

you mentioned her losing to the kree guy. That's when she was weakened

I’m looking at current marvel. Nothing in her solo movie says she sustained a massive nerf

never said she was nerfed. The Russo's are really good at making street level fights and that's why it's not like superman Vs dd

considering all she did was bust through fearless ships the same she did in EG.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder: and that’s what I’m saying. Again because the directors are good at street fights then that’s what the character scale to. Dodging lasers isn’t a good feat because again they’re unquantifiable. In the end u have to acknowledge that marvel character are constantly tagged by stuff dceu supes would avoid. In the end the directors are god in the cinema versions and if they specialize street fights then their characters are street speed. Once and once again these mcu characters keep showing us that they get tagged by slow stuff for “comedic relief” or whatever and that’s just how the mcu is. Post JL supes vs street speed punch and captain marvel vs street speed punch is all u need to see. I’m on my phone so I can’t grab gifs but u know what I’m talking about.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: lasers aren't unquantifiable as they had been shown in comparison to bullets in aou. No and if you think marvel powerhouses are street level then,there is no use debating you. You have failed to tell me why he didn't kill steppenwolf

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By pkety

@darkthunder: street level speed wise. Please give me a mcu fight without QS where speed is anything different from a John wick movie. And pls show me where they were shown in comparison to bullets. I just need above two vids thx.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo she's faster in travel speed but supes is faster in combat.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By pkety

@tobymaguire: 1st, that was pre JL. 2nd, he didnt want to fight, and he caught the shell but didnt know the explosion. BVS supes was much slower. That green thing is called kryptonite. it make superman go slow and be weak. got it?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Nucleon

@pkety said:

@darkthunder: street level speed wise. Please give me a mcu fight without QS where speed is anything different from a John wick movie. And pls show me where they were shown in comparison to bullets. I just need above two vids thx.

Just check out any MCU fight that includes martial artists such as Cap or the Widow. There's some amazing combat speed in JW, by the way.

What? Oh, I see; There's no slomeau so it can't possibly be considered combat speed huh?

I don't like it, not much people do, but for all intents and purposes, CM is pretty much the MCU's Superman. But more "strong", you see. ;-)

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: Cap or Widow? Ur comparing Cap and Widow level combat speed to Flash level combat speed? I've definitely seen cap or widow have a full 20 second fight in the time it takes a grown man to fall 4 feet. Go think about what u said lmao.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@nucleon: Heres ur cap level combat speed.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: Cap or Widow? Ur comparing Cap and Widow level combat speed to Flash level combat speed?

No, I am not. I am comparing them to John Wick. To compare against the Flash I would have taken Quicksilver. And in your gif, it was rather a lack of reflexes from Cap's part.

I've definitely seen cap or widow have a full 20 second fight in the time it takes a grown man to fall 4 feet. Go think about what u said lmao.

Huh?

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pkety

@nucleon: no that’s my point. Thor and all the heavy hitters including CM fight at STREET LEVEL SPEEDS. Her blitzes are much faster but not close to lightspeed. I’m NOT calling them street level. But their fights all happen at normal speed. Sorry I took ur point wrong.

Btw scaling QS to Flash further proves my point.

QS>>Thor=thanos=CM=cap ( combat speed/reaction wise)

Flash = QS=supes

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Nucleon

@pkety: But their fights all happen at normal speed.

Every fight happen at "normal speed". These characters, they don't have a "bullet-time" switch; You, the viewer, do, a powers that was bestowed upon you by the film's director, so you can be amazed and delighted.

Now that being said, some of them are quite fast, and in fact characters in martial arts movies tend to be faster in combat speed than most superpowered characters are. Just look at DCEU Kryptonians, for exemple: They just bullrush their opponents in a more-or-less straight line; They have the what, mach cone and all, but in the end they just delivered one punch (most often to no other effect than knockback, BTW). Their opponent usually just stand there and tank the punch.

What would it take according to you to make MCU fights more "super"? More mach cones? More knockback? More destruction porn? Less fighting knowledge, less physical laws? One man's meat is another one's poison.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pkety

@nucleon: if every fight happens at normal speed tell me why supes and flash could have a full fight before WW even hits the ground or the debris from supes punching the wall even travel out much? If the slow mo was like in 300, where both people move slow, then yes it’s just movie tricks. But when everything else moves slower and the hero moves at normal speeds then he is definitely faster in combat. That is basically how zooms power works in the comics. He slows time around him and he just moves normally. Like stepps punch. Supes was just smirking at it. Or the batarang. Flash just snatched that with normal speeds. Without the slow mo however u see them move like how flash drew the face of that prison guy. If they slow mo that scene then flash would’ve just been drawing normally on a statue.

Refer to my GIF I posted above again to see how mcu characters would be vs dceu characters.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Nucleon

@pkety: A "full fight"? Barely a pass. First, WW and Aquaman were projected, not simply dropped. The "full fight" was like 1.5 seconds over 20' - not that hard to reproduce, even for me. Free fall isn't that fast.

Second, Superman didn't even scored a hit, except on things he didn't wanted to hit. He basically bullrushed a de-stabilized Flash, backpedaling Flash (who's got next to no fighting know-how) while flailing his arms wildly in the air. To this day I still wonder what the fuss is about. The sequence on the ship in AoU happened a lot faster, IMO.

Finally, there ain't no "statues". Time doesn't stop for anyone, except for some rare exceptions; They're just fast enough to cope with it.

pkety

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By pkety

@nucleon: wrong I just looked up the clip. Full 23 seconds of supes trying to hit a faster flash. Yes flash can’t fight for crap but he still fast asf. Ur rly reaching here buddy. Ur telling me u can throw five punches, jump ten feet up and land, then tackle a faster moving target within the 1 second it would take for WW to hit the ground after being thrown. I looked up Batman being thrown by supes from much higher up and it took a whole 1 second for the thud. The mcu is not worth u ignoring actual common sense here.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is definitely closer then most people think. Anyone want to CAV me? I’ll represent Captain Marvel.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Bayman007

Stomp for Superman. Faster and better feats, plus his stat advantage.

The DC big hitters are still leagues ahead of the MCU

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety: I don't have the GIFs but I am pretty sure they are present in the MCU Thor respect thread

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By karanrasquinha

@au_141: The power stone is capable of planet shattering as seen here

No Caption Provided

Notice the energy signature there

Now compare it to this

No Caption Provided

Look at the massive shockwave as well as the speed in which Thanos punched Danvers. This punch is way more than superman could ever give.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkety said:

@chazzer: I see u still dont know that supes got that insane buff after JL. The one where his two combat showings showed 1. He statues entire JL bar flash and 2. He did basically toy with and easily would’ve KO stepp but had to save civilians. Captain marvel literally sat there and watched thanos reach up, pull a stone, wind up, and punch her away. THATS her reaction time. She’s never shown impressive reaction times, the missile feat is not as good a strength feat as pulling tectonic plates, and blitzing giant ships isn’t going to help in a 1v1. Marvel is WW combat and reaction speed at best. And we saw what that did for WW.

Pulling tectonic plates is a STATEMENT. Statements are rubbish since clark has not shown feats to even prove he has tectonic level strength. His best strength feat is pulling the cruise ship period.

Nobody believes statements because according to them, Doomsday is unkillable, Thor and hulk have the strength of a 30 KT missile. Feats are what we go by

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@au_141: The power stone is capable of planet shattering as seen here

No Caption Provided

Notice the energy signature there

Now compare it to this

No Caption Provided

Look at the massive shockwave as well as the speed in which Thanos punched Danvers. This punch is way more than superman could ever give.

One is a celestial busting the planet... much different than say, spiderman holding the powerstone and using it to bust a planet...

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman got that.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By karanrasquinha

@flashgreatersigneveryone:

Your logic would hold good if it was Spiderman and not Thanos who was holding the power stone. Thanos has clearly shown feats of moon busting and stuff like that while wielding the power stone.

No Caption Provided

Not only that, he pushed through the mirror dimension with the power stone, and then used the space stone to throw a black hole at strange

Also remember that endgame Thanos wasn't holding back at all, so that punch to marvel is way stronger than anything superman could dish out

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman. Not a stomp though.

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashgreatersigneveryone:

Your logic would hold good if it was Spiderman and not Thanos who was holding the power stone. The almost entirely complete Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos has clearly shown feats of moon busting and stuff like that while wielding the power stone.

No Caption Provided

Fixed that for you. Try again. We are talking about just the powerstone. Not a pretty much full IG.

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By karanrasquinha

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Idk what you're talking about. he used the powerstone to break up the moon's surface.

he just used the space stone to transport the debris unto Titan

Also what you're saying doesn't make sense lol. Holding the gauntlet doesn't affect the user until he uses it. Thanos was holding the power stone when he KOd hulk, but he didn't use it.

Thanos held the reality stone while fighting on titan, he didn't use it did he?

He used only the power stone for the heavy hitting and the space stone to open portals. Thats it

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: what I am saying is the power stone BY ITSELF has never shown that much destructive power. (with the exception of the celestial)

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By karanrasquinha

@flashgreatersigneveryone: Mate, I'm trying to explain that the power stone ALONE destroyed the moom, made it into meteors, and THEN the space stone moved it into titan. Cant you see the purple energy signature of the power stone as it destroys the moon? And after the moon is destroyed, then you can see the blue energy signature of the space stone being used to move the already destroyed moon.

Also why exclude the celestial? Its like saying superman is not strong with the exception of him dragging a 7k ton ship

FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karanrasquinha: that is an assumption you made. The FACT that I am presenting to you is this: The powerstone ALONE has never showed this kind of destructive power aside from the Celestial. Which doesn't count cuz. It's a Celestial..

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By karanrasquinha

@flashgreatersigneveryone: How is that an assumption lol?

Ok lets see

Heres the statement by the directors

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/07/avengers-infinity-war-which-infinity-stones-thanos-used-to-throw/

Thanos didnt have the time stone or the mind stone.

He had the reality stone, soul stone and powerstone and space stone.

Each infinity stone has an energy signature when the user wields it.

The reality stone's energy signature is red.

The power stone's is purple. If its an assumption then why is there purple energy common to both the celestial's busting and thanos moon busting?

Cmon dude, you arent that ignorant to know that the reality and soul stones cant be used to destroy moons and transport the debris lol

You saying the space stone could destroy the moon? You think the reality stone could destroy the moon?

Also, again why are you excluding the celestial? The powerstone has shown two instances of planet busting, and thanos alone had full control of the gauntlet.

Heres your logic

Superman is weak. The pulling of a cruise ship is an assumption. Superman has never shown other feats of strength besides shattering buildings and pulling cruise ships and hitting doomsday. That doesnt count because hes superman...