end of the world?

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

if the mayans prophecies were so accurate then how come they didnt see theyre downfall coming and if they did how come they didnt do something to stop it?  this 2012 crap is the same as the whole 2000 thing all over again
#2 Posted by Editman (3484 posts) - - Show Bio

ANOTHER thread like this....

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" if the mayans prophecies were so accurate then how come they didnt see theyre downfall coming and if they did how come they didnt do something to stop it?  this 2012 crap is the same as the whole 2000 thing all over again "
According to some theories, they did. I agree about 2012 though.
#4 Posted by Matezoide2 (16064 posts) - - Show Bio

2012 being the last year is a bunch of crap to sell movies,games and things about this

though i am still going to see that movie,it looks cool :)

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
i heard it wasnt great
#6 Posted by Agent Buttons (12460 posts) - - Show Bio
i heard that it was like The Day After Tomorrow
#7 Edited by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

in 2012 earth and this other planets would align perfectly and a solar flare will happen that can damage all electrical things on the planet, thats the only thing scientist said would happen. so its not all crap

#8 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

shame, i was looking forward to the end of days.

#9 Edited by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:

" shame, i was looking forward to the end of days. "

what scientist said can happend tho its not the end of days
#10 Posted by Acer (14477 posts) - - Show Bio

This has been done to death

#11 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" in 2012 earth and this other planets would align perfectly and a solar flare will happen that can damage all electrical things on the planet, thats the only thing scientist said would happen. so its not all crap "
What scientist said that? Site your sources.
#12 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/06/21/2012-no-killer-solar-flare/

#13 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^thats the real truth

#14 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus": Solar flairs happen a good bit its not that impressive.
#15 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

Scientist in the past have also said that cigarettes were good for us, carbon monoxide was harmless to the ecosystem, and by 2000 we would have master space travel within our solar system go figure

#16 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Scientist in the past have also said that cigarettes were good for us, carbon monoxide was harmless to the ecosystem, and by 2000 we would have master space travel within our solar system go figure "
scientist now are so far advanced than 1900's scientist
#17 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @"Colossus": Solar flairs happen a good bit its not that impressive. "
this would be one of the most powerful, than can knock out every electrical device on the planet.
#18 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't buy it, it's close to impossible to predict solar flares accurately.

#19 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" I don't buy it, it's close to impossible to predict solar flares accurately. "
#20 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok people just because you dont want anything to happen doesnt mean its a 100% chance nothing will happen at all.
its 50/50 really no one can prove that nothing will happen unless you study everthing in the solar system and about the planet.
im not saying the end of the world but something much less has a possibility of happening

#21 Posted by Comiclove5 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
Agreed, Just like 1999.
#22 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a theory there is no predictions Hollywood and corporate giants made it up in order to make a profit(Movies,Books,Games,Survival gear,useless crap we do not need) I mean really it is like saying Merlin or Batman predicted it. I really thinking they paid some sci fi guys to come up with the whole thing.

#23 Posted by krisboyz781 (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

this is just like they said about 2000. they said nostradomus said and nostradamus this and that

#24 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" I have a theory there is no predictions Hollywood and corporate giants made it up in order to make a profit(Movies,Books,Games,Survival gear,useless crap we do not need) I mean really it is like saying Merlin or Batman predicted it. I really thinking they paid some sci fi guys to come up with the whole thing. "
possibility...but its also possible the other way around. so we dont fully know
#25 Edited by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus": I know nothing will happen, because predictions are bull $#!+. I'm not worried at all, you said you can't prove it isn't real but I don't have to. That's one of the dumbest arguments known to man, just because you can't disprove somethings existence doesn't mean that's proof for its existence.
#26 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @"Colossus": I know nothing will happen, because predictions are bull $#!+. I'm not worried at all, you said you can't prove it isn't real but I don't have to. That's one of the dumbest arguments known to man, just because you can't disprove somethings existence doesn't mean that's proof for its existence. "
Ya predictions are real as magic, tarot cards, ghosts, physics, and monsters under you bed
#27 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: There is a monster under my bed his name is Frederick. We'll have lengthy discussions about the effect's of imperialism on countries.
#28 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

the truth of it is we cant know whats going to happen the world could end tomarrow or a billion years from now and when it does end there will be absolutly nothing any of us can do to stop it so worrying about it is pointless especialy if youre worrying because a 3 hundred year old hunk of rock says to
#29 Posted by ssjsuperman (955 posts) - - Show Bio

the world will end win the all the stars  implode. 

in about 5 billion years    
#30 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I'm too important to die so I'll go to some other habitable planet probably.
#31 Posted by "Colossus" (4755 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @"Colossus": I know nothing will happen, because predictions are bull $#!+. I'm not worried at all, you said you can't prove it isn't real but I don't have to. That's one of the dumbest arguments known to man, just because you can't disprove somethings existence doesn't mean that's proof for its existence. "
its not on predictions only scientist actually researched it, i dont care about predictions part
#32 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a massive catastrophy, i might actually get a day off work.
#33 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

nostradamus also claimed thered be 1000 years of peace before the end of the world when did that happen
#35 Posted by burr787 (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" nostradamus also claimed thered be 1000 years of peace before the end of the world when did that happen "
Maybe everyone on earth will leave the planet a thousand years before the sun explodes.
#36 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know if it will happen or not. But i can tell you this. I will definately be drunk when that day comes. So i will just be like 'Fuck it!'

#37 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
@Statman said:
"Our science isn't ALWAYS right "

Mine is :-)
Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
#38 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Look the earth is been here for billions of years, it was here then and it will be here next year and the next and the next... The Mayans probably figured:

"What the hell? We're been extinguished in a week? Well then why keep on making this calendar?! To hell with it! I'm going to Mayan Hooters.." Walks away

That's what the man making it thought..

#39 Posted by MrDirector786 (44091 posts) - - Show Bio

Science isn't about searching for answers. It's about asking the right questions.