inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

According to Associated Press, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is set to appear in an upcoming DC Comics' film. However, he has yet to decide whether he will be playing Shazam or Black Adam. He did tell the AP that he always been a fan of anti-heroes and one of his favorite characters was Black Adam.

Johnson said he's putting his heart and soul into this role and comic fans will not be disappointed. No news yet on if he will appear in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Which character do you think he should play?

No Caption Provided

Source: Associated Press

Shika1Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shika1Dude

Shazam!

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Cap!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

He has yet to decide? lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is old news. And he can play either. He's funny enough to be Shazam but could do a great Black Adam too.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He should play Black Adam

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

He's yet to decide?? Anyway, at first I said Black Adam, but honestly, he could pull off both.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think he could play a better Shazam, but he looks exactly like Black Adam.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inferiorego  Staff
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Teth Adam calling himself Shazam possibly?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#11 BumpyBoo  Moderator

IT DOESN'T MATTER what I think! ^___^

But since we're asking, either way I reckon he's got this :)

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Black Adam, but I'd be fine with either one.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I just have no idea what that means. Studios don't let "actors decide". That's not how casting works. You get a script. You have a character, you send out what you're looking for in actors/actresses to play that character and you hold auditions and pick the best one.

They don't say "Hey Rock, you're awesome, we want you in our movie. Who you wana play?"

So is this some sort of way to drag out the media attention by playing a game of either or?

I really don't get it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd make an awesome Black Adam. He was a pretty badass bad guy in Doom. On a side note, with the amount of confirmed and possible cameos in Batman v Superman, its gotta make you wonder how big the Justice League film will be.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black adam all the way

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Superguy1591

Black Adam for JL villain! Would be fun to watch him take on all 7.

oh, Rocky for BA!

Hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hassun

Adam of course.

No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I just have no idea what that means. Studios don't let "actors decide". That's not how casting works. You get a script. You have a character, you send out what you're looking for in actors/actresses to play that character and you hold auditions and pick the best one.

They don't say "Hey Rock, you're awesome, we want you in our movie. Who you wana play?"

So is this some sort of way to drag out the media attention by playing a game of either or?

I really don't get it.

Bigger draws can have some sway over studios, and normally, I'd be skeptical as hell over the source material, but it comes from AP, which is pretty reputable.

Here's my assumption scenario: He read for both parts and the casting agents loved him for both roles, so he got to pick. Odd? Yes. Out of the question, nah. It's happened before. It's rare, but it happens.

I'm sure Hercules is a flop (I don't care enough about the numbers for that movie to look them up) but I think Rock has enough star power be in a weird scenario like this.

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam, Black Adam, Black Adamn pleaseeeeeeeee

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he should play shazam. he has charisma. good for the main role. let a brick play black adam. he isn't on screen 90% of the time.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I really don't get it.

Bigger draws can have some sway over studios, and normally, I'd be skeptical as hell over the source material, but it comes from AP, which is pretty reputable.

Here's my assumption scenario: He read for both parts and the casting agents loved him for both roles, so he got to pick. Odd? Yes. Out of the question, nah. It's happened before. It's rare, but it happens.

I'm sure Hercules is a flop (I don't care enough about the numbers for that movie to look them up) but I think Rock has enough star power be in a weird scenario like this.

I wasn't disputing the report or the source, I just don't get what is being said lol.

Its a decent assumption. And while possible, its again hard for me to picture the studio letting an actor have that much power. It just doesn't happen.

Well, its at 150m worlwide atm on 100m dollar budget. So a pretty good flop after you factor marketing. The age of the "big movie star = big box office" is kind of dead imo. And Brett Ratner is a pretty good coutner to any star power lol.

I have no doubt The Rock would work as either of them and him in a CBM would make tons of cash. I just don't get teh whole "I have yet to decide who I'm gonna play". That's not something you can just take your precious time on. That gotta cast other people for whatever movie (and specifically between these two who are antagonists ...).

BruceWayne19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black adam. Shazam makes no sense really, billy Bateson has never looked like the rock. But black adam looks like the rock all the way

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I really don't get it.

The age of the "big movie star = big box office" is kind of dead imo.

Is it? Tell me this, how excited would you be for a new movie starring Steve Gutenberg?

(Any answer other than "very" is unacceptable)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I really don't get it.

I wasn't disputing the report or the source, I just don't get what is being said lol.

Its a decent assumption. And while possible, its again hard for me to picture the studio letting an actor have that much power. It just doesn't happen.

Well, its at 150m worlwide atm on 100m dollar budget. So a pretty good flop after you factor marketing. The age of the "big movie star = big box office" is kind of dead imo. And Brett Ratner is a pretty good coutner to any star power lol.

yeah, I agree with Falls, it's an unorthadox way of doing things to have the actor choose his role, but who knows? Maybe that's what they're doing to get him in the film.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@inferiorego: Tell me what the movie is about and who's directing it, because I care far more about those 2 answers then who's staring in it.

(and while I understand the point you're making, I'm a bad example for this because I'm a film fan. I watch everything.)

T_Aesir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By T_Aesir
@fallschirmjager said:

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I really don't get it.

WB/DC don't have a plan, it's total Anarchy...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Can't wait to see him in Fast and Furious 7.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

@the_stegman said:

He's yet to decide??

Too formal, bruhs?

I really don't get it.

the whole "yet to decide" thing was just a joke. Rock's been pretty vague about who he's playing.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: Tell me what the movie is about and who's directing it, because I care far more about those 2 answers then who's staring in it.

(and while I understand the point you're making, I'm a bad example for this because I'm a film fan. I watch everything.)

It's a Police Academy/Short Circuit cross-over

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Black Adam. I want to see The Rock play someone a bit edgier and darker. I want to see him let loose a bit and just be a pure bad a$$. Plus I'd assume as Black Adam, he'd get more screen time, where as playing Shazam, time would be split a bit with whoever played Billy Batson.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@inferiorego said:

@fallschirmjager said:

It's a Police Academy/Short Circuit cross-over

sounds like the greatest movie ever conceived. Impressive for someone from Illinois :p

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dondave

Teth

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either would be good. Though I hope they call the character Captain Marvel. I can sort of see why they would stick with Shazam, as it would confuse the situation for moviegoers who don't have comic knowledge, but it's always bugged me since they chose to switch to Shazam, as he's basically giving every villain his secret to his powers. Think I saw in Futures End or one of the Beyond issues, where he nearly says Shazam and has to stop himself or he'd change to him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds

I say Black Adam. I want to see The Rock play someone a bit edgier and darker. I want to see him let loose a bit and just be a pure bad a$$. Plus I'd assume as Black Adam, he'd get more screen time, where as playing Shazam, time would be split a bit with whoever played Billy Batson.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nappystr8

Obviously he looks more the Black Adam role, but I think his personality fits the earnest childlike qualities of Captain Marvel better. Besides, DC wants the Rock to be the star of their film I would think.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta be BA

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I hope he plays both.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Kilowog?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gracetrack

I'd love to see him play Shazam. I can totally see him doing the naive and innocent of heart hero part very well. Golly gee!

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shazam of course there is no other choice

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam without a doubt

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By viin

old news...but have they ruled out now that he can be john stewart? I would love to see john stewart as the justice league green lantern as well as see dwayne johnson play him. I dont see him being shazam but he would be a good black adam too.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

He could pull off either one in my opinion, but I'd prefer him as Black Adam.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

i'm happy either way! :D But he fits Black Adam more

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers