TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Respect Drake Sinclair

No Caption Provided

Described at the start of every issue as a treasure hunter with a bleak past. Drake Sinclair is a man cursed to live many lives; and in each life, he tracks down dangerous weapons known only as 'The Six' which can be used to re-write reality.

In The Sixth Gun we meet Drake's most recent incarnation, a man who fought in the Civil War who is, now, a treasure hunter with a bleak past. Drake eventually gains control of FOUR of the SIX and uses them to try and prevent the world from facing an apocalypse.

A note; Drake has many feats using The Six; however, I have already made a respect thread that highlights the powers of each of these weapons while being used by a variety of wielders. To read that click HERE.

Table of Contents

1. Agility & Speed
  2. Strength & Durability
  3. Skill

1.0 Agility & Speed

Drake is, by all accounts, an average human being. Here are displays of his agility and speed.

• The Sixth Gun #19 - Is able to quick-draw to kill a foe at point blank range who already had his weapon drawn.
  • The Sixth Gun #21 - Leaps a large distance while being shot at; lands in a room full of enemies and begins shooting them along w/Becky Montcrief.
  • The Sixth Gun #46 - Dodges a revolver shot from point blank range.
  • The Sixth Gun #46 - Dodges an axe swing from a lizard man who had sneaked up on him.

2.0 Strength & Durability

One of Drake's best features is his willpower which translates well to his durability; he's also got some decent strength for an average human.

• The Sixth Gun #6 - Is able to withstand the hellfire feedback from using a gun bonded to someone else long enough to fire several (accurate) shots at General Hume. For reference; this same gun completely incinerated someone who used it later in the series.
  • The Sixth Gun #6 - Turns Filthy Ben's revolver on him, forcing him to shoot himself.
  • The Sixth Gun #8 - Fights a giant gator and two normal gators while in a swamp. Is hit into a tree by the giant gator's tail, but he's able to then kill it with his knife.
  • The Sixth Gun #9 - Is attacked by a demonic panther; continues fighting it despite the multiple claw strikes landed on him; eventually gains the upper hand and uses a revolver to win.
  • The Sixth Gun #13 - Gets up and flees from Asher Cobb despite having been stabbed in the chest.
  • The Sixth Gun #13 - While still wounded he's able to punch himself free of Asher Cobb's grip (Asher Cobb is a supernatural mummy who previously threw a man THROUGH a train car) and then kicks him out of the train.
  • The Sixth Gun #18 - Is being tortured and gets punched to the ground while tied to a chair -- has no real reaction.
  • The Sixth Gun #18 - Slams a man's head into a wooden pole and then tosses him off a bridge.
  • The Sixth Gun #40 - His arm becomes plated and withstands a bullet without any harm. I believe this is due to his exposure to the Six as the wielder of The First (Bloodthirsty Bill) also had plated skin.

3.0 Skill

As a timeless warrior Drake is quite skilled in combat, especially with his revolvers. On top of this, Drake is quite talented when it comes to making effective traps while on the run to catch his foes off guard.

• The Sixth Gun #4 - Was hand picked by General Hume to be one of his horsemen due to his ruthless nature and his ability to stage lightning quick raids on his foes.
  • The Sixth Gun #5 - While fleeing from Hume and his horsemen he is able to make an effective trap that catches Silas off guard, resulting in the death of Silas.
  • The Sixth Gun #6 - Is able to land several precise shots while being burned from hellfire.
  • The Sixth Gun #22 - Another trap that takes out several foes, this time a bunch of falling rocks. It's also explained here that due to his training under Colonel Mosby (who is called the Gray Ghost) Drake is a master of eluding capture, staging lightning-quick raids, and setting traps for his prey.
  • The Sixth Gun #24 - Survives a fight with a pack of wolves due to his marksmanship. Is then forced to flee (and does so successfully) from a large demon known as the Wendigo.

Conclusion

Drake is very much a street level character whose true power comes from his mystical revolvers. As mentioned, the revolvers themselves have a separate respect thread since they've been used by multiple people -- it just so happens that Drake, over the course of The Sixth Gun, gains control of at least four of the six.

He's a solid gunman who very much reminds me of Jonah Hex, and is a great character for any low-tier tournaments or matches.

Also -- read The Sixth Gun if you haven't. It's a great series that doesn't get enough attention. Seriously, go read it. Supernatural Wild West is awesome.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been waiting for this one! Awesome job!

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@thetruebarryallen: superbly well done my man. Glad to see you producing content..........teach the younger gen on proper layout and aesthetics.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for this one! Awesome job!

@thetruebarryallen: superbly well done my man. Glad to see you producing content..........teach the younger gen on proper layout and aesthetics.

Thank you to the both of you!

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Awesome, really enjoyed this.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, really enjoyed this.

Glad to hear it! I'm hoping to cover more characters like Drake in the future!

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559