Dragonball characters without KI are street tier level

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for animeisniche_ok
Animeisniche_ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Animeisniche_ok

Just think about it for 1 second... Vegeta without KI (this boosts your strength, durability etc) would never survive a Tsar bomb but Saitama could because Saitamas natural durability is on a complete different level and it doesn't matter if this guy has no energy left.

The only guy with really really impressive durability is Freeza. That mofo survived a Kaioken x20 Kamehameha, the Genki-Fama which was more powerful than the x20 Kamehameha and its pretty much an instant kill against Evils but Freeza survived that... But still not that impressive because of KI.

This is the reason why I respect Freeza: This guy had no KI (main source power) left but he still survived a full power blast from a BLOODLUSTED SSJ Goku and the explosion of a planet.

Disable KI and Saitama from one punch man would run through DragonBall and kill everyone with 1 punch, but not Freeza.

finalbeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By finalbeta

Didn't SSJ3 Goku punch King Kai's planet tearing a hole through it?

I know its size isn't that good but that's way above what you mention

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nwname  Moderator  Online

Talking about DB characters without Ki amp is kinda like using Dr. Strange without magic. Thats their main thing but yeah their unamped/off guards durability/power isnt all that great.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gelato_exotic

@nwname said:

Talking about DB characters without Ki amp is kinda like using Dr. Strange without magic. Thats their main thing but yeah their unamped/off guards durability/power isnt all that great.

Why are you applying a weakness regular Saiyans have due to their natural biology of just being humans that took a different evolution route to the ENTIRE DB cast? There's the entire Frieza Race, the Great Ape Saiyans, Super namekians, Android 16, Cell, Anilaza, the angels via their staffs alone, Zeno, do I need to keep going? All of these characters are quite capable and/or durable even without any ki.

OP saying Saitama solos DB without ki is the funniest thing I've read today lmao, you could take a DB character like Hit and nerf him to the level of a newborn infant, hell even to the strength levels of a fetus and he'd still shitstomp Saitama no difficulty with his time skip and durability negating attacks to the vitals alone.

Avatar image for deactivated-6305610811396
deactivated-6305610811396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@animeisniche_ok:

That's dumb af

Ki is a natural part of their durability

They choice when to suppress it

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator

Idk why anyone would lowball this. It's like Silver Surfer without the power cosmic or Odin without the Odin Force. They're still strong, but not at their full potential.

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gods of Destruction like Beerus and Champ have literally shown to be able to shatter Planets with their natural physical strength

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

True

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nwname  Moderator  Online

@gelato_exotic: Pretty sure all those guys use Ki except Android and Zeno. Sometimes its a different type of Ki like godly ki evil ki etc. but thet still use Ki.

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Are you trying to say Ki isn't a natural extension? lol

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Saiyans without ki still ridiculously strong?

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Saiyans without ki still ridiculously strong?

In a perfect world, but they are actually below Batman

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gelato_exotic

@nwname said:

@gelato_exotic: Pretty sure all those guys use Ki except Android and Zeno. Sometimes its a different type of Ki like godly ki evil ki etc. but thet still use Ki.

Did Kid Gohan even know how to effectively use Ki when he first transformed into an Oozaru? I never said they don't use ki, but they have superhuman physicals even without it, or durability (Take Frieza tanking a planet exploding in his face cut into pieces and bleeding out and most importantly unconscious, no ki up to help him there). Analiza is a robot just like 16.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whathappened: I'm pretty sure that's not true. Matter of fact, the first thing I recall Goku doing in OG Dragon Ball was tipping over Bulma's car. This was before he even trained in ki.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the galactus without any energy probably couldn't even move his big ol' body

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gaoron

If nowadays street tier means lifeless dead bodies then yes they are street tier without ki.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animeisniche_ok: completely wrong, kid Goku was way above street before he learnt ki

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nwname  Moderator  Online

@nwname said:

Did Kid Gohan even know how to effectively use Ki when he first transformed into an Oozaru? I never said they don't use ki, but they have superhuman physicals even without it, or durability (Take Frieza tanking a planet exploding in his face cut into pieces and bleeding out and most importantly unconscious, no ki up to help him there). Analiza is a robot just like 16.

Do Oozaru even have good physical feats? I dont remember any but i didnt particularly bother looking for them while reading so.. Also yes they are still superhuman without Ki but its nowhere close to their amped levels at all. Frieza surviving that is good but not that good. Kinda depends on how fast the planet blew up, if it was extremely fast thats like city level durability feat. Was analiza the giant fusion from ToP?

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gelato_exotic

@nwname said:
@gelato_exotic said:
@nwname said:

Do Oozaru even have good physical feats? I dont remember any but i didnt particularly bother looking for them while reading so.. Also yes they are still superhuman without Ki but its nowhere close to their amped levels at all. Frieza surviving that is good but not that good. Kinda depends on how fast the planet blew up, if it was extremely fast thats like city level durability feat. Was analiza the giant fusion from ToP?

As far As I remember not any in particular but the Vegeta fight probably had some, but I mean just from their size alone their raw strength and durability from nothing but their physical biology should be pretty respectable, I know its stated to make them 10x stronger and Saiyans are already natural born superhumanoids. Namek was destroyed via a core bust and Frieza was blasted into Namek past the surface by Goku shortly before the detonation, and took a few mins to explode iirc, instead of one shotting it like Planet Vegeta frieza detonated the core since he was fighting with Goku and just to make sure that no matter what happens, Goku would still die and choke in space once the planet blows up even though he acknowledged he'd likely survive it too (Goku had his ki up here though so nvm). Yeah, that thing, I'm pretty sure he was made of entirely robots. Heck even Kid Goku's durability without ki was pretty good, an axe shattered on his head, machine gun bullets point blank stung him, he's tanked lightning without it, General blasting flames in his face after luring him into the blaster for his vehicle. etc. Even unconscious and beat down Goku in BoG tanked atmospheric re entry heat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff28288e0b69
deactivated-5ff28288e0b69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How big is planet Namek?

Shinobiroar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shinobiroar

Dragon ball characters without ki is like every anime without energy to enhance their abilities

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@gelato_exotic:

but the Vegeta fight probably had some

To be fair did Kid Gohan know how to use ki? I dont think Goku thought him, i am assuming you mean him, not Vegeta since he was ki master already, only Gohan turning into Oozaru could be viewed as natural sayian strenght since there is a chance he did not know how to use ki?

Yeah thats what I'm saying, and even then he was already an enough of a threat to the planet for Piccolo to immediately nuke the moon lol.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP be like

Tony Stark without his suit isn’t that strong.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Laskt

surprisedgaspAre.....are you saying that without any access to their powers.....fictional characters aren't that powerful?!??!?!? What a revolutionary idea! This will surely change all debates to ever exist!

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Imagine the Beyonder without his powers he would be a normal man.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The issue here is that they can not have no ki. Ki is a life source, so if they had no ki, than they would be dead. So yah. I would imagine Goku with a lifeless body to not be very capable.

The best way to gauge this would be to view their capacities at the slowest ki they have available. And from this you can find many showings of a DB character who is drained of their energy.

Finding the power of a DB character who is off-guard is difficult to gauge, since you can't actively fight them off-guard. A sneak attack would be a different story.

Dragon Ball characters have still proven a massive natural defense though.

Base Goku being dropped by a laser beam when off-guard is not that bad of a showing, considering that most soldiers who run blaster were above Raditz. Raditz was notably more powerful than Piccolo: a casual moon buster.

You can also get a gauge of the DB characters powers without using ki, by how someone like Kid Goku was performing, prior to adapting Ki into his arsenal.

Also the Freiza survivability is not because of ki, his race has the capacity to survive anywhere, and through any wounds. We heavily see this when Freiza survives a fight with SSJ Goku, being cut in half, being blasted by Goku, the explosion of Namek, and floating in space. This is because of his races natural trait, it is not about Ki. Freiza also does use Ki, as we specifically see him use Ki attacks, and he fails with his Golden form because he was running out of Ki, something that Freiza later in DBS states is no longer a problem for him.

And, technically if this is disagreed with, Saitama would still stop at Cell and the Buu's. Might even be able to argue 17 & 18 too.

Ox_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man would struggle to move that boulder that Goku and Krillin had to move for Roshi to train them and that was before they truly broke through that superhuman barrier. Goku as an infant, probably with an underdeveloped skull, survived a serious blow to the head and as a kid an axe broke on his head and bullets stung but didn't really damage him. Zenkai boosts for Saiyans are a biological thing, not a ki thing, so they boost physicals regardless of ki. If you take away the ki of current Dragon Ball characters they'd for sure be mid tiers or higher. It's also quite possible that Frieza after being dismembered and KOed by his fight with Goku THEN survived a planetary explosion but he's more resilient than most DB characters.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ox_king: Freiza did survive Nameks explosion. His body was even found in the rubble of the Planet's explosion. However, he did not survive by a means of Ki, but through his biology. His race can live anywhere and survive what should had been a fatal wound. We see this several times.

- Freiza was mostly fine after cutting himself in half.

- When revived in RoF Freiza returned to life as a bunch if small pieces, like this, he was actively still alive, this is due to his biology allowing him to survive being cut up.

Even Cell manages to use Freiza's biology to help him regenerate from things that Piccolo couldn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c0f858b7326
deactivated-60c0f858b7326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is for you. Bud.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Even if that were the case, there are still characters like Majin Boo or Moro who can tap on magic, so the lack of Ki wouldn't really be an issue for them.

Also, Saitama is, if i'm not mistaken, some type of gag or joke character. He is a parody of the Shonen character archetype. In that regard, the debate becomes pointless because his character is meant to be absurdly powerful in the most comical and nonsensical way.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is superman without the sun. What's your point?

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

d1vine_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if i didn't have any arms, i wouldn't have arms. excellent job OP!!!!

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 takenstew22  Moderator

As I said before, this logic can also be used for Silver Surfer without the power cosmic, Odin without the Odin Force or Superman without solar energy.

Not really saying much other than a characters power stripped from them will obviously not make them as strong.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the point of this post. That's their main ability. It's like taking away the sun from superman or jojo characters without their stands.

Avatar image for deactivated-605ba917d46cf
deactivated-605ba917d46cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If spiderman wasn't bit by a radioactive spider he wouldn't have super strength or durability. If Hulk didn't get exposed to gamma radiation he wouldn't be the Hulk. This is a really dumb post.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Gokluma

this logic can be said to all other superheroes in general like Steve without Super Soldier Serum will be a skinny man who couldn't do anything or Superman without Solar energy will be a random human.

So this post is just facepalming tier of downplaying.