Dragon Ball Super OR Dragon Ball GT: Which is Better?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OR

• Which one handles the transformation better?
  • Which one has the better arcs
  • Which one has better characters
  • Which one has better main character development
  • Which one has better villians
  • Which one is more enteraining
Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither is that good, but I'll give it to GT. It's a lot more original when it comes to it's plot and characters designs (SSJ4 > New Hair color), and I personally prefer the OST. Plus the power levels weren't nearly as inconsistent.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone?

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpitfirePanda

Super is a lot of fun, though I really enjoyed GT, too. I'd have to go with Super, though. So long as you accept that the power scaling doesn't matter and the point is to be fun, it's a really good show.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT. If handled better, it would have been a great follow-up to Z.

Super on the otherhand is just absolute garbage fanfiction level dribble at this point.

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super. But tbf, I only got past the first few episodes of GT I got busy and yeah.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super since it actually focuses on other characters to an extent. Piccolo, Tien, Krillin, Uub, Yamcha, and Buu weren't anywhere to be found for most of GT, which was disappointing. And as far as new main characters go, I'll take Beerus and Whis over Pan any day.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied:

Piccolo did get one of his biggest character moments in GT though. Willingly staying in Hell so Goku could leave and save the world. It's been forever since I saw that, but I think he couldn't get wished back either, which made it the only meaningful sacrifice in the entire franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT got better animation and character designs

DBS got a better story

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made a post about this awhile back, should revamp it now that Super has had more original material outside the movies.

I still take most of GT over Super. The Baby arc is still better than any of Super's arc

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are average but Super is way better. GT has potential, if Toei redo it with better script and new scenes it could be a great series.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both have pros and cons.

GT I feel kept with the natural progression of the characters and their personalities, while Super seems to want to focus on the couple things that the characters are known for and dial it up to 50.

GT also had SSJ4, which whether you like it or not you have to at least admit it is the most original SSJ form since the original.

And I know everyone says this but GT also had some cool ideas, but just kind of failed at executing them.

And Super is kind of a mess in terms of the power scaling, and I know the series has always had crazy power ups but it at least it tried to explain it in someway. We had the saiyans zenkias, or namekian potential unlock, ROSAT training, time skip etc. while Super it just offhandedly like " oh yeah, these guys that have been all but retired since the Cell games have been training and are relevant again because they have been training "

I am all for these characters coming back and getting to shine like they used to but they have just handled it so poorly. I would have much rather them abuse the ROSAT or Whis's staff chamber to explain them getting strong rather than them just say Krillin used his gym and Roshi has been secretly training this whole time lol

Wow that turned into kind of a rant lol anyway I love both and will continue to watch and support Super but I honestly don't even know which is better because they both have good things and bad things.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are bottom of the barrel.

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IMO GT is more original and had great idea but the execution was awful or not as good, Super in the other hand is playing safe with what the fan use to love .... when the tournament start would see

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dbs has better done arcs, much better villains, and more entertaining fights. I do like the ssj4 transformation a little better than the ssj blue form though. As far as character development, i would give it a tie.