• 100 results
Avatar image for scott_summers52
#1 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The first issue comes out this Wednesday, so I thought I'd make a thread to talk about it on.

I realize there are still critics on the publication of this series without Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's permission, but I am, for the most part, really hyped to see how this plays out.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#2 Posted by infantfinite128 (5714 posts) - - Show Bio

Very hyped! I think it's going to be my favorite thing out of Rebirth besides Deathstroke.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#3 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

This involves everything from crisis to flashpoint and everything from Actions Comics #1 till now, right?

#4 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

YES I CANNOT WAIT.

The end is nigh,

No.......

The END is here

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

This involves everything from crisis to flashpoint and everything from Actions Comics #1 till now, right?

Based off everything Geoff Johns has said about Doomsday Clock so far, it'll be pretty big in scope. With Action Comics #1000 also approaching, I'm hoping it will tie together the past, present, and future of the DC universe.

#6 Edited by JakeFuryV2 (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty excited for this The Button was short but good.

#7 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52: Johns said there would be no tie-ins, none, nada, niets. I'm hoping that's STILL the case.

#8 Posted by Tomkatie (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

GET HYPE

#9 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

@scott_summers52: Johns said there would be no tie-ins, none, nada, niets. I'm hoping that's STILL the case.

Yeah, I think it is, which is pretty cool of DC to do. But I think something big's going to happen in AC #1000 that has to do with Doomsday Clock. It might not tie in directly to the event, but it's got to have major significance to Superman lore.

#10 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52: Definitely. Even if there wasn't Doomsday Clock, AC #1000 is basically once in a lifetime so something's massive has to be planned. It's a given at this point.

#11 Posted by rahiem9123 (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully it's good as advertised.

#12 Edited by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really hyped for this. Hoping it would have Superman and Manhattan at its center as Johns initially stated.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#14 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

HOLY SHIT I HAVE ONE DAY TO READ WATCHMEN.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#15 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24057 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#16 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

@life_without_progress said:

@theamazingspidey: Read it. It's a brilliant character study mini series.

I own it and have read the first few pages (besides seeing the movie). Loved what I read. Gonna get to it right now.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#17 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#18 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shit, need to finish Watchmen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
#19 Posted by deactivated-5a39006e28280 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyped!

#20 Edited by OOCMikeyy (306 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Rebirth stories in no order were:

Riddler and Joker war

Children of the JL

and Mister Miracle.....I believe this will be another one!

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#21 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be a disservice if Captain Atom didn't tie heavily into this considering Dr Manhattan is alternative version of the character.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
#22 Posted by theawesomeflashsandiego32 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by MrAbductor (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

So has anyone seen what i've seen

#24 Posted by Aros001 (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen was originally intended to use the Charlton heroes (Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, the Question), but the company felt that if they allowed that then they wouldn't be able to use those characters again, so Alan Moore had to write stand-ins/alternate versions of these characters. So Dr. Manhattan was originally supposed to be Captain Atom.

#25 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone on CV has already read issue 1, then what did you think? Just make sure to put any spoilers in spoiler tags.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#26 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone on CV has already read issue 1, then what did you think? Just make sure to put any spoilers in spoiler tags.

It was quite good if i must say, the art was fantastic.

#27 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: @scott_summers52: dammit these shipments in Europe. Aaargh, I can't wait.

#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (34340 posts) - - Show Bio

Good start, at least tonally from Johns. Frank's art was perfect but that was never in doubt.

#29 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is superb the issue is really a teaser to what is about to come. It's an awesome read, I like it better than Metal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#30 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic. Geoff and Gary did not disappoint.

#31 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read the issue. Not off to a bad start

#32 Posted by IceDemonKing (9982 posts) - - Show Bio

It put hairs on my chest, a beard on my face, and hair on my limbs.

#33 Posted by Tomkatie (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing first issue! Lot of Watchmen, but it’ll be interesting to see where these characters go!

#34 Posted by Farkam (12019 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff.

#35 Posted by TDK_1997 (18634 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a really really good start. Geoff's storytelling is on point and all of the new characters seem pretty interesting so far.

I think we are on for a great ride.

#36 Posted by MasterOfEvil (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely read those articles at the end of the chapter. They answer some questions. Great start to the series!

#37 Posted by rahiem9123 (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

I though it was a great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#38 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it was better than Metal but still outstanding first issue

#39 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting first issue.

I wonder how's it possible that Clark got that nightmare, since he said it himself:

He's never had one before.

#40 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. The mood, glimpses of humor, and set up for what's going to come. Can't wait to see what Johns and Frank have in store for the next eleven issues.

#41 Posted by Tomkatie (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Titanbreaker Like to give your points?

#42 Posted by Titanbreaker (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie Idk, could get besieged by an angry mob. Plus I did not use the best of language which might not be appropriate here.

#43 Edited by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

And still Alan Moore gets no respect or money from DC, because they screwed him up with The Watchmen, even though they should belong to him, IT IS HIS CREATION. As usual companies are too hungry for money and don't show any bit of conscience and humaneness, not the first time not the last time.

But when you buy this comic rememmber what DC did to Alan Moore and didn't return what was rightfully his. And honestly buying Doomsday Clock despite knowing it further screws a Moore over shows a degree of insatiable consumerism, might as well call people content junkies.

I ain't gonna buying this obviously, just because of the simple matter: respect for Alan Moore, nuff said. Though i read that comic, because i can (pirate for life :D)

But anyways bringing characters from Watchmen to DC verse by default just cheapens their concept (you know all that endless drama opera and etc... in standart comics, while Watchmen had none of that and that's probably the main key element defining it) and as well as the world (dark and gritty, plus a bit of realism, as well as one of few comics when the bad guy actually wins ) and tone they lived in.

Thus Doomsday Clock doesn't give me the same vibe the original Watchmen comics did, and just looks like another superhero type event, albeit it is above average for now (which doesn't speak a lot), but from 1st issue it can be clearly seen that it has enough problems, and so far the main problem i have with it is slow pacing ( gotta stretch is somehow with 12 issues because money, lol ), as well as some problems with plot - as we saw at the end of the original Watchmen, Adrian sacrificed a lot of people ( and by a lot i mean really A LOT, more than 3 million people) just to ensure world peace via fear, and it worked, yet DD Clock shows that the world still has the problem and Adrian's sacrifice was useless and didn't accomplish anything, thus it cheapens Watchmen's ending and Adrian's main goal for which he sacrificed friends, millions of people, trust and etc.... all of that for ......nothing.

And then we see that he is actually dieing from cancer, which is kinda stupid honestly if you think about it for a bit, he is literally the smartest person in Watchmen universe, we already know that he can create insane high-tech stuff, with time and prepartion he could have cured his cancer and etc... I guess that's enough of criticism for now.

Edit; And then we have Rorschach's Journal, which somehow affected the world, though it shouldn't have since well it just a piece of paper written by madman, noone would believe that and it wouldn't even end up on hand of higher positioned people for the start it would be just another random conspiracy theory noone would give a cr** about it and it wouldn't even affect people with high authority, since there is no evidence backing that up because Adrian knows what and how to do stuff (the world's smartest man, duh, ahead of everyone by longshot, knows every move you would do with proper analysys), plus the world's smartest man who checks on every detail lets something like that to slip (not that it would have affected the world logically speaking, but hey it's your standart DC comics cartoon logic), that's out of character for Adrian, he was ready to do everything the make world peace, and he would definitely check on every detail. All those holes and lack of certain logic just cheapens the story and makes it less enjoyable.

#44 Posted by IceDemonKing (9982 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie Idk, could get besieged by an angry mob. Plus I did not use the best of language which might not be appropriate here.

We won't do anything. You're totally allowed to have an opinion.

#45 Posted by MightyKalEl (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue one was a good start to the series, I liked it. Just hope Johns won't screw it up after the good beginning.

#46 Posted by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio

I am aroused. I like the new rorshach, that they kept kovacs dead. It all seems to have very great potential, but I'm still lost on what superman really has to do with any of this.

#47 Posted by scott_summers52 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminder that issue 2 is out today!

#48 Posted by Eto (5225 posts) - - Show Bio

@scott_summers52: Great issue. I liked the ending.

"You ate my breakfast"

"Yes, I did."

Lolol

#49 Posted by Lord_Spectrum (4244 posts) - - Show Bio

Still meh...

#50 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (2558 posts) - - Show Bio

The doomsday clock is 3 minutes till midnight, whats there to be excited about?