Does MCU Thanos really need the gauntlet to defeat DCEU Doomsday?

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

• Let's assume it's pre-nuke Doomsday.
  • Can Thanos beat him with just his sword or does he need the gauntlet with almost every stone?
  • I've seen many mixed opinions on this and I want people to elaborate more on the matter.
No Caption Provided

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emperorb777

Thanos needs the gauntlet to defeat Wonder Woman, Doomsday is in a different tier.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KryptonianKing88

Thanos takes pre-Nuke 8/10 imo. Pre-nuke is really just Hulk with flight, heat vision (useless against Thanos) and limited healing. Thanos should have no problem matching his striking and strength. The only reason Thanos would have trouble without the sword is due to the adaption ability

Post-Nuke is much trickier. Doomsday's pulses and HV can ragdoll Thanos and his striking is equal or slightly better and DD is now like 20ft tall. Thanos still can take 3-4/10, he's durable enough to tank a lot of blows and is very skilled

He doesn't need almost every stone. He fodderizes DCEU with just one of these - power, reality, space.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorb777: war machine could prob take her with enough distance but thats just me

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thanos is smart enough to use his skill to kill Doomsday with his sword, going for the head of course

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unless thanos has a kryptonite i don't see thanos winning with just his sword and strength. also a big factor for dd would be his ability to blitz around thanos bcoz frankly let's face it thanos is in no way faster than dd skilled maybe but not enough movement in that armor or without it even. as for strength factor dd can easily match thanos raw power and adapt to his punches and sword.

end result from me would be thanos cutting and beating pre nuke dd as much as he can only to see him become post nuke dd and then dd puts his spikes through thanos head

Akhilxcx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unless thanos has a kryptonite i don't see thanos winning with just his sword and strength. also a big factor for dd would be his ability to blitz around thanos bcoz frankly let's face it thanos is in no way faster than dd skilled maybe but not enough movement in that armor or without it even. as for strength factor dd can easily match thanos raw power and adapt to his punches and sword.

end result from me would be thanos cutting and beating pre nuke dd as much as he can only to see him become post nuke dd and then dd puts his spikes through thanos head

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he absolutely does. Without it he has no chance.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can take pre-nuke DD

Post-nuke requires atleast 1 stone for a fair fight (granted that the stone chosen are not mind or soul)

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday would kill him tbh. Guys like Spider-Man were phasing Thanos, Doomsday would be a problem for him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday would kill him tbh. Guys like Spider-Man were phasing Thanos, Doomsday would be a problem for him.

I mean, its clearly PIS considering Thanos is supposed to be Hulk's physical superior.

GateOfBabylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: we haven’t seen Spider-Man vs Hulk so we can’t really call it PIS. And I know for sure in a Spider-Man thread, you would use his attacks phasing Thanos as a legitimate feat.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: And I know for sure in a Spider-Man thread, you would use his attacks phasing Thanos as a legitimate feat.

I really wouldn't.

we haven’t seen Spider-Man vs Hulk so we can’t really call it PIS.

In that case, Thanos getting ragdolled is not a low showing. Spider-Man could just be that strong, is what you're suggesting.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Spider-Man may very well be that strong, his attacks bothered Thanos, he knocked moved Thanos a bit with his web. We can say they’re low showings, but the difference between Thanos and Spider-Man was actually consistent throughout that entire fight.

Now when you compare these showings of Thanos vs Doomsday who was strong enough to counter Superman’s bullrush twice, I think it’s clear that Doomsday is a tier above Thanos. And this is pre-nuke Doomsday we’re talking about here.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs IG. Maybe with sword and speed equalized he could take it.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is wall level without guantglet, cant even produce sonic booms with his blows lmao.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OnlyOneEmpereor

Yes, He is not defeating Pre-Nuke or Post-Nuke because IW/EG Base Thanos ain't nothing to DD.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, the sword still can't reliably pierce him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

Spider-Man may very well be that strong, his attacks bothered Thanos, he knocked moved Thanos a bit with his web. We can say they’re low showings, but the difference between Thanos and Spider-Man was actually consistent throughout that entire fight.

You can't have it both ways. Either Spider-Man is just strong enough to hurt Thanos, or the scene is a low showing. How would it be a low showing if you are saying that Spider-Man is meant to be strong enough to hurt Thanos? Low showing, in this case, would be getting hurt by someone who has no business hurting you.

Now when you compare these showings of Thanos vs Doomsday who was strong enough to counter Superman’s bullrush twice, I think it’s clear that Doomsday is a tier above Thanos. And this is pre-nuke Doomsday we’re talking about here.

Above Thanos in what? Lifting, striking or durability?

I don't see why countering Superman's bullrush puts Doomsday above Thanos in striking. I mean, Doomsday has better lifting, but striking wise, Thanos is better. Scaling from Thor and Hulk, Thanos should also be more durable. Sokovia explosion>>a nuke.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: you’re the one who’s saying it’s a low showing for Thanos, I’m saying it speaks volumes on Thanos durability vs Doomsday’s. Spider-Man was consistently phasing Thanos with his attacks whereas Doomsday resisted Superman’s bullrush on multiple occasions. And we all know Superman’s bullrush>>>Spider-Man’s striking power.

He’s a tier above Thanos in general, he outstats Thanos on multiple levels. Whether it’s speed, strength, durability etc. Thanos only has better skill but Doomsday has fought WW who’s also more skillful but that proved to be irrelevant because of his raw power.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness:

you’re the one who’s saying it’s a low showing for Thanos, I’m saying it speaks volumes on Thanos durability vs Doomsday’s. Spider-Man was consistently phasing Thanos with his attacks whereas Doomsday resisted Superman’s bullrush on multiple occasions. And we all know Superman’s bullrush>>>Spider-Man’s striking power.

I'm saying its PIS because Thanos tanked hits from Hulk and is said to be his superior. Getting hurt by Spider-Man makes absolutely zero sense. You're the one claiming that since we've never seen a fight between Spider-Man and Hulk, Spider-Man could just be strong enough to hurt Hulk/Hulk+ tier combatants.

we haven’t seen Spider-Man vs Hulk so we can’t really call it PIS.

Your words.

He’s a tier above Thanos in general, he outstats Thanos on multiple levels. Whether it’s speed, strength, durability etc. Thanos only has better skill but Doomsday has fought WW who’s also more skillful but that proved to be irrelevant because of his raw power

How is Doomsday more durable, when Thor, someone canonically less durable than Thanos took a more powerful explosion than Doomsday ever did? Sokovia explosion is a better durability against concussive blast than the nuke.

And how does Doomsday hit harder when Thanos put down Thor, the guy with a better concussive durability feat than Doomsday, in 6 hits flat?

I'm not even saying Thanos wins in base. I actually think he loses because of his KE absorption. But that doesn't mean DD hits harder or is more durable.

DD does have better lifting scaling from Superman.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ready_4_Madness

@rbt: Thor took the Sokovia attack and was KO’d and still had cuts way after the fight, the nuke simply energised Doomsday and we both know why.

Thor is way too inconsistent, one second he’s getting dropped by a ball, next he’s rocked by a boulder, then he’s in fear of dropping from great heights.

I can legitimately say Doomsday hits harder because Superman’s durability is far more consistent than Thor’s, a ball would never drop Superman, he wouldn’t fear dropping on earth from space or crashing head first into a mountain. We’ve seen Thor rocked by things Superman would laugh at multiple times. Thor has a few high level durability feats but there’s plenty others that contradict them.

Doomsday was only ever harmed Kryptonite, everything else only made him more powerful or irritated him. Thanos was harmed in multiple occasions.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He does not need all the stones. Powerstone cant do it.

He needs reality stones, time stone.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Thanoses physical stats including striking is the most overrated thing on this site.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RBT

@rbt: Thanoses physical stats including striking is the most overrated thing on this site.

Okay.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a full gauntlet, but at least one out of the power/reality/time stones.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would need to decap Doomsday, and he can't do that, so yeah, he does.

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. He can also do it with the reality and power stones.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could with his staff sword under specific circumstances. He’d have to close the distance which could be difficult to do given Doomsy’s heat vision and AOE blast. ...that said, IF he could turn this into a CQC fight with his blade he could score a win with a decap. Thano’s sword staff was pretty beast, it defended against Iron Mans repulsors, Thor’s lightning (and Mjolnir/Stormbreaker strikes iirc) and chopped Caps shield to pieces. I’m pretty sure it can cut and/or take Doomsy head off with enough force IF he can land that hit. I’d still give Doomsday the comfortable majority in a fight against Thanos with no Infinity Gems, but depending on how the fight goes Thanos could beat him, I don’t think it’s a stretch at all actually

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Boby501  Online

Nothing to “elaborate” on DD crash his skull like a melon without The Gauntlet and that’s it.

Dionebanner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing with most of you DC fans is that you don't realize how small DC Universe is compared to Marvel. You guys don't realize how MUCH LESS OF A VARIERTY DC is compared to marvel. As a result 2 or 3 ultra strong characters dominate a smaller and less diverse universe like DC. Example superman, superboy prime, Darkseid, Wonder woman, Martian, Shazam,doomsday. I just name the majority of all of DCs powerhouses while that's barely a fraction of the power houses for marvel. Another example is Rogol who superman, supergirl and general Zod couldn't beat in a straight up fight. You look at his feat and you realize he's basically a lower tier immortal hulk... Less strength, less durable.same thing with damage whom wonder woman stated hits harder than superman (its the hardest I ever been hit). Another? Doomsday clock the issue Dr Manhattan fights "everyone" that all dc fans swear it's the best comic book of all time.. go read infinity gauntlet 4 and 5 then comeback to that issue of doomsday clock and you will see what I mean.

If you tossed superman in the marvel universe, he wouldn't even the strongest or most powerful hero in the United States let alone Earth. He wouldn't even be top 5 on Earth in the marvel universe. Not when you got hyperion, sentry, Hulk, Franklin richards, XMAN, Thor (who actually uses ALL of his powers not just dumb arse lightning), Blue Marvel, Juggernaut, Molecule Man, silver surfer if he happens to be on Earth

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HERMES1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HERMES1220

Every Mjolnir hit that caused a shockwave bruised Thanos. DD produces much larger shockwaves that also are a lot faster. He likely will bloody Thanos in a few hits. He’s also like 10+ feet taller. Thanos won’t be able to get a decap easily.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos doesn't need the gauntlet to hold his own,but to win he needs power stone

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers