Avatar image for planetbuster012
#1 Posted by PlanetBuster012 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello, does anyone else wonder if Kishimoto supports child soldiers?, every time I think of Naruto now I think of Kony 2012.I think Naruto would have been better if he wasn't out there killing people at age 7 and instead went to school and got himself a decent Education.I don't even think Luffy was a child soldier even though he didn't go to school.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#2 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

PlanetBuster012 marked this as the best answer

Uhh, no. They bring it up all the time about how terrible the world in Naruto is, and the only reason there are still children running around as Genin in Boruto is because they wanted to milk the series even further. Even then, like someone above me said, the Chunin Exams were hardly dangerous in comparison to Naruto's, in fact it almost seemed like a game instead of survival. So yeah I don't think Kishi supports the idea of child soldiers, he likely just figured since the world of Naruto is a dangerous place that children would have to train to defend themselves, not to mention tradition and all that.

#3 Posted by ZubatCarteira (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#4 Edited by jashugan (5994 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh he just wanted to write a dumb battle shonen. The target audience are boys age 8 - 14

#5 Edited by ValorKnight (11056 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you retarded? That's like asking if Kouta Hirano supports Nazism, it's just dumb. I think it's pretty obvious that simply using a concept in a story you write doesn't mean that you support said concept.

#6 Edited by PlanetBuster012 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman@juiceboks Hey the guy above called me a retard,i'm only sharing my thoughts.what is wrong with him?

#7 Posted by Heatforce (5107 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not. Speaking of one piece, does Oda support leaving children to be raised by mountain bandits? Sometimes silly questions get silly answers.

#8 Posted by Helloman (22478 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#9 Edited by PlanetBuster012 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not. Speaking of one piece, does Oda support leaving children to be raised by mountain bandits? Sometimes silly questions get silly answers.

haha XD

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#10 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#11 Posted by IceDemonKing (9943 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh...wtf?

#12 Posted by Quinlan58 (1337 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but Naruto is weird in that Kishimoto brings up the fact that having pre-teen ninjas is actually a terrible thing constantly, yet his happy ending still has them.

#13 Posted by Jatom22 (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure there are multiple references to how sending children to war is wrong. I know hashirama says it in the anime to his father

Avatar image for deactivated-5b77119685e97
#14 Posted by deactivated-5b77119685e97 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm then I guess Toriyama supports Genocide, Oda supports Piracy etc.

What kind of dumb question is this?

#15 Posted by juiceboks (24230 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (2801 posts) - - Show Bio

@quinlan58: there's no war though so the new Genin aren't really child soliders. Plus their Chunin Exam was a cake walk compared to Naruto's

#17 Posted by FaradaySloth (3946 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#18 Posted by TheVivas (18571 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid thread but not surprised to see who made it.

#20 Posted by ValorKnight (11056 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by StormShadow_X (15357 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh, no. They bring it up all the time about how terrible the world in Naruto is, and the only reason there are still children running around as Genin in Boruto is because they wanted to milk the series even further. Even then, like someone above me said, the Chunin Exams were hardly dangerous in comparison to Naruto's, in fact it almost seemed like a game instead of survival. So yeah I don't think Kishi supports the idea of child soldiers, he likely just figured since the world of Naruto is a dangerous place that children would have to train to defend themselves, not to mention tradition and all that.

Great sum up.

#22 Posted by SocaJunkie (7034 posts) - - Show Bio

This is stupid beyond words much like the Kony 2012 'movement'

#23 Posted by Fabricolage (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#24 Posted by PlanetBuster012 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas said:

Stupid thread but not surprised to see who made it.

Hey I remember you, you're the guy I made concede and throw a fit.

#25 Posted by TheVivas (18571 posts) - - Show Bio

@planetbuster012: Funny how you can remember me but not at all what happened in that thread. But like I said, based on the quality of threads you make, not surprised.

#26 Posted by genkidama (140 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree

#27 Edited by Zensum (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Another quality thread from this user

#28 Edited by DSTREET45 (5083 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh..no? Pretty sure Naurto showed the downside of raising child soldiers. Zabuza, Haku, Garra (jinkuriki in general) are all examples of this.

And just because an author uses a concept in his work, doesn't mean he support it.

#29 Posted by HitTheAssasin (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously not. Going by this logic, Oda supports piracy and Nakaba supports brainwashing.

#30 Posted by GearSecond659 (5025 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously not. Going by this logic, Oda supports piracy and Nakaba supports brainwashing.