Does Jason Aaron have dementia?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Having seen the whisper that made Thor unworthy "Gorr was right" I can't help but think maybe Jason Aaron doesn't actually remember what he has previously written in his comics. In the God bomb arc twice Thor questioned whether Gorr was right and still remained worthy so why should Fury saying it then make him unworthy it makes no sense.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You would think Jason Aaron would have remembered what he wrote in the arc as it is basically the same which invalidates the whisper...

What also shocked me is that I thought they had the whisper planned out from the start (sarcasm) but then the actual whisper doesn't fit the speech bubble from the initial whisper so it was clearly recently thought up because they had no other ideas and they only made Thor unworthy for the PR stunt so he wouldn't have the hammer

No Caption Provided

This makes me wonder if he has dementia and doesn't actually remember his own comic arcs

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By uugieboogie

I honestly think he's just making it up as he goes along Lol

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he was smoking the wrong thing. Shouldn't smoke that fake stuff from the shops, should smoke the real thing if your going to do it. I

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol probably didn't know what it was till a month or so ago if that

I think he was smoking the wrong thing. Shouldn't smoke that fake stuff from the shops, should smoke the real thing if your going to do it. I

whatever he's smoking is making his brain degenerate

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They obviously wrote some random stuff and half-erased it in the original speech bubble. I don't get fans who think they'll actually put the real whisper there and blur it. Even if they had planned it, they wouldn't put it in there.

Doubting something isn't the same as hearing confirmation of this from a Watcher (Fury had his secrets at the time), the second one seems like the truth.

Not saying this isn't a mess.

LordWhiskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he's just an idiot

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really not surprised by any of this, as this is something comics do way too often. There was a Spider-Man character Marvel created named Judas Traveller and they'd come up with nothing about him other than that he was supposed to be powerful and mysterious. They made up a character and dilemma solely to catch people's attention and get them to buy comics without even deciding what the character's actual point was.

I'm not surprised that they just wanted to make Thor unworthy for the same reason and hadn't decided on why until now.

I'm afraid the 3 Jokers that DC's hinted at is going to be something similar.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my suspicion as well.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Still doesn't make sense future Thor would've had all of it happen to him already the being unworthy and he obviously became worthy again after proving Gorr wrong so why would he make that comment to current Thor (thought time travel gets confusing)

just shows how little thought was put into it imo he's just come up with something random and thinks including Gorr might please all Thor fans because we actually like the God of Thunder arcs. It's clear they've only recently come up with the whisper

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be one of those things where he may have questioned it, but hearing it from Fury may have solidified it.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not really, the narrative was good but the story and "whisper" was lame, really lame. It is like having a shit tasting but aesthetically pleasing dinner in one of the best restaurants.

Good packaging but poor product.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He formed his own opinion on Gorr's argument to keep himself worthy, but now that he's heard it from a mortal of Midgard, one of those he's sworn to protect, to hear the prayers of, it would obviously have a drastic effect on him.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He formed his own opinion on Gorr's argument to keep himself worthy, but now that he's heard it from a mortal of Midgard, one of those he's sworn to protect, to hear the prayers of, it would obviously have a drastic effect on him.

this has been shown in jurgens run.. people are saying that he shouldnt do this and that. they dont need him.. but it didnt make him unworthy in that run.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Were they people who actually knew what they were talking about like Fury?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Were they people who actually knew what they were talking about like Fury?

well they believe that they dont need thor or the gods.

technically if gorr was right, then gorr should have affected the worthiness

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Ok, asking if a writer has an illness because you don't like his writing is not cool. Find some class.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Gorr's case was highly personal, he carried on believing in them despite the gods' negligence until he finally lost his wife and child due to their carelessness, and so he felt betrayed and sought revenge.

Nick is the head of an international intelligence and defense agency who actually knows about all the goings-on around the world.

Who would Thor trust more to actually know if an entire planet/race doesn't need their gods?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Gorr's case was highly personal, he carried on believing in them despite the gods' negligence until he finally lost his wife and child due to their carelessness, and so he felt betrayed and sought revenge.

Nick is the head of an international intelligence and defense agency who actually knows about all the goings-on around the world.

Who would Thor trust more to actually know if an entire planet/race doesn't need their gods?

who would thor trust most? capt.. not nick fury.

and by saying gorr was right really contradicts everything that happened and is happening

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Lol, I ask a question and you give your own third option. Cap doesn't even have anything to do with this discussion. I see this argument is going nowhere.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love all the butthurt. Hope Aaron stays on Thor for a few more years.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he just didn't think of a proper reason on why Thor should lose is hammer, then decided to give a half-assed explanation 2 years later. He's just making stuff up as time passes.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: Lol, I ask a question and you give your own third option. Cap doesn't even have anything to do with this discussion. I see this argument is going nowhere.

you ask who would thor trust.. maybe i didnt get the question...

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ok, asking if a writer has an illness because you don't like his writing is not cool. Find some class.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Asgaard

@rabumalal:

They obviously wrote some random stuff and half-erased it in the original speech bubble. I don't get fans who think they'll actually put the real whisper there and blur it. Even if they had planned it, they wouldn't put it in there.

Not even some kind of words extension approximation!?! To at least give a fit impression!?! LOL

Most of Thor fan base always was right about Aaron's writing after that whisper, we were accused of many things, including misogyny, when the problems always were in Aaron impossible execution, (there is only one character that is Thor the Asgardian God of Thunder and son of Odin and Gaea) yet nothing (in terms of narrative/story) that Aaron wrote after that whisper ever justified the new creative decisions and the end of the God of Thunder run...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 sirfizzwhizz  Online
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dementia or hate. 1 or the other.

No Caption Provided

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@yarva: Wolverine being faster than Thor is yesterday news.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kool

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yarva said:

Dementia or hate. 1 or the other.

No Caption Provided

Can you post the link?Or prove the veracity of that tweet?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31 sirfizzwhizz  Online

Lol I been saying this for years. There is another tweet out there that Thor is slower than Spider Man iirc. Thor fans be trigger.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wait. They actually reavealed what was the whisper about?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol forgot I made this thread ahahaha

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh yeah, months ago at the end of The Unworthy Thor mini series. Highly disappointing and not worth the wait at all. The rest of the series is alright though.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@comicman24 said:

Oh yeah, months ago at the end of The Unworthy Thor mini series. Highly disappointing and not worth the wait at all. The rest of the series is alright though.

Really? How did I miss that one? And to think I was planning on checking that mini-series. What was Gorr right about exactly?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:
@comicman24 said:

Really? How did I miss that one? And to think I was planning on checking that mini-series. What was Gorr right about exactly?

According to Thor, Gorr was right that gods are vain and vengeful creatures who don't care about the mortals that worship them. That was what made Thor unworthy. Even though at the end of the Godbomb arc, Thor resolved to prove Gorr wrong.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, Marvel makes Jane Thor as fast as lightning to perform surgery on multiple people, and fast enough to catch lightning bolts, but they leave the original Thor as being slower than wolverine... Fuck this, i need to buy all the Supermam rebirth books

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@comicman24 said:
@lvenger said:
@comicman24 said:

According to Thor, Gorr was right that gods are vain and vengeful creatures who don't care about the mortals that worship them. That was what made Thor unworthy. Even though at the end of the Godbomb arc, Thor resolved to prove Gorr wrong.

That was it? Really? Well that was disappointing. Thought it might have something to do with Angela, Mjolnir or something along these lines and not this. Can't believe he can't wield it anymore because of this.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 morpheus_  Moderator

The thread's title is tactless, but a writer calling everyone who doesn't like his current abysmal run sexists needs to find some class, too.

On topic, the reveal was nonsensical. Gorr specifically calls current Thor, "the one who doubts" and goes on to say he's his favorite Thor because of it. So Fury introducing "doubt" to Thor would make no difference, as said doubts had already been lingering on his mind for quite a while.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro said:

So, Marvel makes Jane Thor as fast as lightning to perform surgery on multiple people, and fast enough to catch lightning bolts, but they leave the original Thor as being slower than wolverine... Fuck this, i need to buy all the Supermam rebirth books

You probably already read what i think about Jason Aaron writing on Thor after that whisper, right? But lets wait for more data regarding @yarva's post... If you go to Jason Aaron Twitter and look for his tweets from the beginning of June... That tweet is not there...

No Caption Provided

Also don't think he would say something like Battle boards nerds help sales... on his official twitter account, plus i know Yarva's posts purpose very well... So lets wait for his reply and don't make any judgments till then...

* We should criticize Aaron's work with valid arguments, even if he doesn't accept any critic and just label everyone who dislikes him current work on Thor as sexist... Lets not go down to his level and try to be accurate here...

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#41 SC  Moderator

This website sometimes… jeez.

Users, don't confuse being critical with being tasteless. The same way generalizations aren't the same as absolutes.