does Hercules have his strength back (Marvel)

HorusLupercal5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

does he have his strength and power back now?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

yes. he had it in his series

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When and why did he lose it in the first place?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He lost his powers after Chaos War.

@boschepg said:

Yes.

When did he get them back? I checked the Hercules run and he is basically street tier talking about how easy it used to be to beat giants, and now he has to use rocket launchers. When he went on a rampage he had the power of the Chaos God of the Storm.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: What? He was most definitely not street tier during his series. He was using the grenade launcher to make it easier to fight them, so as to reduce any damage to the city. Like he said, he can't exactly tear open the mantle of the Earth in the middle of new york in the 21st century.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: What? He was most definitely not street tier during his series. He was using the grenade launcher to make it easier to fight them, so as to reduce any damage to the city. Like he said, he can't exactly tear open the mantle of the Earth in the middle of new york in the 21st century.

I read the run and i don't recall anything that he did in that run that couldn't be replicated by Spider-man.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@brucerogers said:

He lost his powers after Chaos War.

@boschepg said:

@newworldorder said:

Yes.

When did he get them back? I checked the Hercules run and he is basically street tier talking about how easy it used to be to beat giants, and now he has to use rocket launchers. When he went on a rampage he had the power of the Chaos God of the Storm.

Uh not sure what you're talking about. He had his power back for all of his last series.

No Caption Provided

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth said:

I read the run and i don't recall anything that he did in that run that couldn't be replicated by Spider-man.

Seriously? You think Spidey is capable of this?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Yes. I do.

Uh not sure what you're talking about. He had his power back for all of his last series.

No Caption Provided

Not really his regular power level if you will agree. I mean he admits himself he is not as strong as before. Also, as i said above, nothing Spidey couldn't replicate. He did refuse when Zeus tried to return his powers at the end of Herc.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Not really his regular power level if you will agree. I mean he admits himself he is not as strong as before. Also, as i said above, nothing Spidey couldn't replicate. He did refuse when Zeus tried to return his powers at the end of Herc.

Did more research. Under extreme strain and with the brand he was given by the new gods, his best strength feat is around 370tonnes. And he was straining a lot to do that. Compared to his pre-depowered state it is billions of times weaker.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Did more research. Under extreme strain and with the brand he was given by the new gods, his best strength feat is around 370tonnes. And he was straining a lot to do that. Compared to his pre-depowered state it is billions of times weaker.

I am honestly not sure what you are talking about... have you even read the book? He was fighting gods in it who were strong enough to hurt an Eternals hand just by punching them and city sized monster.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chimeroid

@jonny_anonymous: I honestly can't understand what confuses you. Hercules with his powers can lift hundreds of thousands of tons. Right? Once you reply to that i will post my next argument.

EDIT: Screw that game. Anyhow. Yees, some of his powers came back, but not all. The writers made it a point of him saying that the giants used to be an easy fight and that now he has to weaken them before engaging. His best strength feat came at 370 tonnes. The new god you want to scale off has no significant strength feats. He was cut by arrows and decided to use a regular gun against the centaurs.

What use would a machine gun be to a high tier character capable of beating Thor in h2h?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@chimeroid: Right. Just like the strength he used to fight that god I just posted a picture of him doing.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

the giants used to be an easy fight and that now he has to weaken them before engaging

I think you're missing the point of what was being said. Hercules was talking about how he used to be able to smack them around, tear open the Earth's mantle and cast them into Tartarus. Clearly tearing open the Earth's mantle in the middle of New York would not be a good idea, hence he was using gas to minimise the amount of time he would have to spend fighting them. Remember half the point of his run is him trying to restore his image. Hell, the people in the background are literally saying "great, he causes more trouble than he stops" when he shows up, which is something he's trying to change.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Right. Just like the strength he used to fight that god I just posted a picture of him doing.

Can you quantify that strength in any way? Anything to prove that that new god is actually stronger than Spiderman? I mean his main power is his aim locked laser blast. Didn't seem his strength is really that impressive.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

the giants used to be an easy fight and that now he has to weaken them before engaging

I think you're missing the point of what was being said. Hercules was talking about how he used to be able to smack them around, tear open the Earth's mantle and cast them into Tartarus. Clearly tearing open the Earth's mantle in the middle of New York would not be a good idea, hence he was using gas to minimise the amount of time he would have to spend fighting them. Remember half the point of his run is him trying to restore his image. Hell, the people in the background are literally saying "great, he causes more trouble than he stops" when he shows up, which is something he's trying to change.

And after all of that, his feats still do not amount to his pre CW feats and he did REFUSE to have his powers given to him by Zeus and wanted to become strong again by himself. So he is consistently getting stronger but because of what he does and not thanks to divine intervention. His best feat is still at around 400tonnes (not counting the instance where he was powered by the UpcomingStorm gods)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: So we've went from depowered to streetlevel to just weaker than he used to be? He fought gods who were able to keep up with Eternals and Asgardians. Him using weapons has nothing to do with him being weaker, it's meant to represent him moving with the times instead of just running around hitting things with a club.

No Caption Provided

Took two Hulks to hold him back. Fought off a team of his own demi-gods, including Asgardians and Olympians as well as the Avengers including Captain Marvel. Him being mind controlled doesn't affect his strength levels, the New Gods even directly state that.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chimeroid

@jonny_anonymous said:

@chimeroid: So we've went from depowered to streetlevel to just weaker than he used to be? He fought gods who were able to keep up with Eternals and Asgardians. Him using weapons has nothing to do with him being weaker, it's meant to represent him moving with the times instead of just running around hitting things with a club.

No Caption Provided

Took two Hulks to hold him back. Fought off a team of his own demi-gods, including Asgardians and Olympians as well as the Avengers including Captain Marvel. Him being mind controlled doesn't affect his strength levels, the New Gods even directly state that.

I would like to see that scan where new gods state that he didnt become stronger because of the fact that they turned him into a god. Also, i just because it was two of them restraining him doesn't prove that it actually took two of them to do it.

When he fought the team he was acting not as Hercules the god of strength but as the god of chaos. He was empowered by that fact. Simple as that.

As i said, he is stronger than in the herc run, and his best feat puts him at 370 tons.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@chimeroid: Lol no the Uprising Storm didn't make him a god, all they did was take over his mind, it was a "rebranding" like they stated multiple time. There was no difference between pre, post or during his malware infection and absolutely no mention what so ever of him being either weaker or stronger than he used to be at all in the whole series.

No Caption Provided

And you continue to ignore the fact that the New Gods are able to fight Asgardians and Eternals and Herc straight up calls one the strongest thing he has ever fought.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chimeroid

@jonny_anonymous said:

@chimeroid: Lol no the Uprising Storm didn't make him a god, all they did was take over his mind, it was a "rebranding" like they stated multiple time. There was no difference between pre, post or during his malware infection and absolutely no mention what so ever of him being either weaker or stronger than he used to be at all in the whole series.

No Caption Provided

And you continue to ignore the fact that the New Gods are able to fight Asgardians and Eternals and Herc straight up calls one the strongest thing he has ever fought.

And how strong are non royal asgardians? And what Cryptomnesia said there was pointed towards Herc's mentality. Not his strength. herc's powers come from worship (as we have seen even during the Herc run where he was depowered, worship of a few people was enough for him to use his abilities). These new gods are powerful because they are worshiped. They made him one of them, thus he is worshiped as well. Thus he is stronger for this feat.

EDIT: If you still disagree let's have a CaV i will use Pre CW Hercules and you will use him from this run. If you are right you should have no issues showing that your Herc would stalemate mine as they have the same powers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

No Caption Provided

And how strong are non royal asgardians? And what Cryptomnesia said there was pointed towards Herc's mentality. Not his strength. herc's powers come from worship (as we have seen even during the Herc run where he was depowered, worship of a few people was enough for him to use his abilities). These new gods are powerful because they are worshiped. They made him one of them, thus he is worshiped as well. Thus he is stronger for this feat.

EDIT: If you still disagree let's have a CaV i will use Pre CW Hercules and you will use him from this run. If you are right you should have no issues showing that your Herc would stalemate mine as they have the same powers.

Oh, I give up. Believe what you want to believe. You do that anyway.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Wow, good for you, get agitated for failing to provide a SINGLE feat that would put him at his Pre CW levels and blame me for reading the comic and understanding context.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Btw, here he is refusing his godly powers from Zeus.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was this run any god?

Hatutzeraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not just any god, it was actually good.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illuminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@illuminated: Than you very much. This actually proves my point that he didn't have it for a while at the beginning of the run. I really shouldn't have dropped the title. guess who is back on train :)