Does EG Captain America gain Phase 1 Thor's physical stats when wielding Mjolnir?

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElSebbe

Title says it all. Does Cap basically become Phase 1 Thor in terms of strength and durability or is he able to just harness lightning?

Crater_Maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think yes but it’s pretty Vague. If Jane Thor is granted Thor’s stays when she lifts it I think it could be a solid yes.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The extent of Mjolnir’s workings when lifted by someone worthy and not Thor isn’t really explored in the MCU.

In theory it should make Cap on par with Phase 1 Thor.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the Russos said yes, I I think this is backed on screen.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He gains the Russo wank which is even more powerful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s really confusing because there really isn’t any proof. He moved Thanos with a kick before he picked up Mjolnir and all the damage he sustained I’m confident he would’ve survived in any other movie. So idk.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so.

He does nothing special after getting Mjolnir on his own.

Sure, does some impressive stuff with Mjolnir but he did nothing to suggest his stats also increased.

I don't think stats increase by picking up Mjolnir because of Vision. If they wanted to show that everyone who picked up the hammer basically became Thor then they'd have shown Vision get increased stats.

There's the argument that Odin said "Whoever picks up the hammer gets the power of Thor" which is easily proven by Thor getting his stats back when he becomes worthy again. But Thor also got an armor with the hammer and overall I think Odin actually took away his Asguardian status, not just his worthiness. He just got that back when he picked the hammer.

Vision didn't get any armor. He didn't get any enhanced stats. He didn't get Thor's stats.

Captain too did nothing to suggest he got Thor's stats.

Picking up Mjolnir only gives people the powers that come with Mjolnir. Flight and lightning.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nn5

Yes, and he keeps them for some time afer holding Mjolnir. Before he got hammer he was useless against Thanos (got KO'd even though he shielded himself). After that he took Thanos slamming him to the ground and then again got KO'd (and not killed) by a direct punch, probably comparable to the headbutt that KO'd Thor moments before.

Also IIRC Russos (or writers) said that only people as strong or stronger than Thor can wield Stormbreaker (I can't find that quote now though) and Cap did that without holding Mjolnir at the same time. Apart from that, when Thor struggled with Thanos for the second time and Cap jumps on Thanos' back it looks like they're overpowering him much easier from that point (and Cap doesn't wield Mjolnir then).

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crater_maker: She'll probably be portrayed as above Thor stats because of reasons so not sure they czn be compared.

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think yes but it’s pretty Vague. If Jane Thor is granted Thor’s stays when she lifts it I think it could be a solid yes.

Then Cap should have Thor stats by AoU since he moved it.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220: He healed after picking up the hammer when he said avengers assemble

RealityMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elsebbe: I believe they would probably put some time limit on it like comics where being seperated from the hammer for a specific time period takes away the powers.

Crater_Maker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elsebbe:

Doubt it because the enchantment is “wielding” the hammer not slightly budging it.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

Yes, and he keeps them for some time afer holding Mjolnir. Before he got hammer he was useless against Thanos (got KO'd even though he shielded himself). After that he took Thanos slamming him to the ground and then again got KO'd (and not killed) by a direct punch, probably comparable to the headbutt that KO'd Thor moments before.

Also IIRC Russos (or writers) said that only people as strong or stronger than Thor can wield Stormbreaker (I can't find that quote now though) and Cap did that without holding Mjolnir at the same time. Apart from that, when Thor struggled with Thanos for the second time and Cap jumps on Thanos' back it looks like they're overpowering him much easier from that point (and Cap doesn't wield Mjolnir then).

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he didn’t get Thor’s stats then it wouldn’t make sense.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he got Thor physicals why did he use his shield to block blows? Thanos is a lot weaker in the MCU so a street tier like Cap lasting long against him isn't unusual. Spider-Man also took blows from Thanos, and he along with the street tier guardians held Thanos down. All Cap got was lightning, flight and a very powerful blunt object.

Also what bugs me is how did Thanos break Cap's shield with pure strength only? His shield's really weaker than I thought compared to his nigh indestructible comic shield.

Jane probably gets Thors power because of different reasons we don't know yet.

Marvelitez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no phase 1 Thor physicals. Get a brain. There's been 1 Thor throughout and he's only got an amp in lightning manipulation.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelitez: fully agree with that his physicality has always been the same

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanfan1938: It would be better to block blows than for cap to take straight hits to the face.

Also I believe the Russo's stated that the sword was Uru or something along those lines, so it almost indefinitely was not pure strength.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanfan1938: It would be better to block blows than for cap to take straight hits to the face.

Also I believe the Russo's stated that the sword was Uru or something along those lines, so it almost indefinitely was not pure strength.

That's odd cause Cap's shield tanks Mjolnir just fine.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanfan1938: Sure it did, but both have diffrent properties, ones a sword, ones a hammer.

One is used for Blunt force, the other is more of a piercing object.

DanielDaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. He literally picks up Stormbreaker a while after that which was said to require someone of Thor's strength.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ That’s the main reason everyone tends to forget

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubt it, but there's room for interpretation.

DreadBringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DreadBringer

Seems so because Worthy Cap's shield strike had the same effect as Mjolnir strike:

No Caption Provided

The problem is that it wasn't stated how long the Thor buff will last unlike in comics (iirc, 1 minute when separated from hammer).

@supermanfan1938 said:

If he got Thor physicals why did he use his shield to block blows? Thanos is a lot weaker in the MCU so a street tier like Cap lasting long against him isn't unusual. Spider-Man also took blows from Thanos, and he along with the street tier guardians held Thanos down. All Cap got was lightning, flight and a very powerful blunt object.

Also what bugs me is how did Thanos break Cap's shield with pure strength only? His shield's really weaker than I thought compared to his nigh indestructible comic shield.

Yeah, feat communities only watch the fight scenes ignoring everything else (like characters and plots). Thanos is holding back in IW, he tried to minimize killing outside the snap (NOT every villain is one dimensional obstacle who only wants to destroy the world, stop treating any of them as the same). Obvious example that Power Stone can destroy planets, but Thanos used them that it only KOed human heroes like Okoye

Then what? The nigh indestructible comic version is also broken, by the same person too (Thanos). Deal with it.

No Caption Provided

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadbringer: i know Thanos broke his shield in the IG comic. Im ssying he broke it while he had the IG. While in the MCU it was regular Thanos who broke it. Another user clarified it could have been Uru. Also there is no need for the condescension.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
Asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@supermanfan1938: oooh im gonna reply to post #16 when i can, there is so much wrong this there

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
Asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@richubs said:

I don't think stats increase by picking up Mjolnir because of Vision. If they wanted to show that everyone who picked up the hammer basically became Thor then they'd have shown Vision get increased stats.

There's the argument that Odin said "Whoever picks up the hammer gets the power of Thor" which is easily proven by Thor getting his stats back when he becomes worthy again. But Thor also got an armor with the hammer and overall I think Odin actually took away his Asguardian status, not just his worthiness. He just got that back when he picked the hammer.

Vision didn't get any armor. He didn't get any enhanced stats. He didn't get Thor's stats.

Captain too did nothing to suggest he got Thor's stats.

Picking up Mjolnir only gives people the powers that come with Mjolnir. Flight and lightning.

Vision is a robot and as in the comics robots can lift the hammer bc they aren´t "alive" or "people" for the hammer (kinda of racist) you have no way to assume that he would have any kind of amp.

You can argue that it is different in the movies...but that would be a weak argument. Either way not that probable, we will have to wait until Jane Thor shows up

If he got Thor physicals why did he use his shield to block blows? Thanos is a lot weaker in the MCU so a street tier like Cap lasting long against him isn't unusual.
Spider-Man also took blows from Thanos,
and he along with the street tier guardians held Thanos down.
All Cap got was lightning, flight and a very powerful blunt object.

Ok so first

1) Thanos is a lot weaker in the MCU but he is so above a street tier that what you said hurt.

The way he killed Loki, the epitome of the word casually, just proves how he is stronger than Hulk and Thor...therefore much stronger than cap

For the love of god cap was ragdolled with punches to tha shield right before hand (watch the fight at 0.25x the speed)

2) Spider man with Tony´s armor was one shoted 3 times, i think :)

3) First of all no guardion had the chance to do any harm to Thanos, they holded him down and when he would got out they would be destroyed...and he would get out

so lets see:

• Spider "i can lift a building, made a giant airplane turn, etc with webbing + armor" Man tried overpowering Thanos and was defeated in the moment Thanos got serious.
    • Iron "i just lifted a building beforehand, stronger than the version that turned the engines on a1" Man
    • Star lord´s thingy that could overpower iron man whole body
    • Dr.Strange
    • Drax

All of them trying could only take Thanos by surprise, the moment that Thanos got used to them he started overpowering all of them, they would be dead without

• Mantis "put a moon to sleep"

just so you remember: Spider man, the guy who can take being hit by a train while heavely injured and Panther who could also take a hit by a train while weaker (suit not working in the right way) and keep counsiouness where one shoted by a Thanos punch

Iron man, Thor and Hulk have even better feats and were also defeated easely

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon:

There are already many things that the MCU is song different from the comics.

While machines are able to pick Mjolnir up in the comics because they are not considered people Thor didn't think so at all in AoU. At the end of the movie he truly believed that Vision is worthy. And Vision is in technical sense a machine, but given how much more complex he is compared to other machines he's practically another living being just made of Vibranium.