Does Current Billy Batson...

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does current Billy Batson have the same powerset from Darkseid Wars with Yuga Khan as a primary power source?

If so, how powerful is Billy?

Is it Shazam or Captain Marvel?

What are his current abilities?

Is he in an ongoing?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Lvenger

I wonder why we keep getting these threads asking whether Shazam still has his God of Gods powers. We got like half a dozen last year.

Does current Billy Batson have the same powerset from Darkseid Wars with Yuga Khan as a primary power source?

No current Billy does not have the same powers he had from Darkseid Wars with Yuga Khan and H'Ronmeer and all those other gods.

Barely above New 52 Wonder Woman's level if even that.

Shazam, DC decided to change Billy's superhero alter ego to Shazam in the New 52 because the casuals kept calling him Shazam rather than Captain Marvel. Which is a silly reason if you ask me.

Superstrength, superhuman durability, superspeed, flight, can shoot lightning and create objects like table football out of thin air with magic. He can also share his powers with other people.

Is he in an ongoing?

No, he has yet to make an appearance in Rebirth at all. He was promised a solo series at the Rebirth announcement panel last year but there's been no news on Shazam even making an appearance, let alone an ongoing Shazam comic.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His name is now Shazam

He still has the Darkseid War powers, seeing as how no one took his away.

No new comics/ important appearences have been made for him as far as I'm aware.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what’s level is he? Does he have super speed and strength? Can he fly? Warp reality?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel wasn’t used all that much in Post-Flashpoint/New52. He did have a New52 mini-origin that appeared at the end of like very early New52 Justice League issues, was maybe like 6 of’em iirc. He was briefly used in Trinity War, Convergence and Darkseid War events. Tho I didn’t think possible, he’s been used even less Post-Rebirth, with only one appearance in Constantine/Hellblazer I believe.

As far as his level, before becoming the “God of Gods” (or whatever he was called in Darkseid War) that replace his Greek pantheon God Powers with New/Old Gods Powers, he did Battle New52 Superman very briefly during Trinity War. They traded a couple shots, he did knock Supes on his a$$ pretty good before the fight was broken up, but as usual the fight ended inconclusive between the two. His brief appearance in Constantine/Hellblazer Post-Rebirth he seems to back to normal Shazam/Cap Marvel and not the Darkseid War version, but he hasn’t done anything to my knowledge. That’s about all I got on New52/Post-Rebirth Shazam/Cap Marvel. He just simply isn’t used, which is unfortunate for his fans.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DC has not been using CPT Marvel at all.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, back to Greco-Roman gods as his powersource.

Same ballpark as Superman but with better versality (ability to enhance physical stats, lightning control, healing factor and etc...) and speed.

That depends, N52 version's main name is Shazam, but in N52 he was actually called Captain Marvel a few times, plus DC also published a Team up with Scooby Doo, Convengence: Shazam! and Thunderworld, which were also during the N52 era, but in those comics he was called Captain Marvel.

To simplify it, the answer is both, but i prefer to call him Captain Marvel.

Same as usual, i suppose, dunno how Rebirth will portray him in terms of powers.

Is he in an ongoing?

Not really, but people working on DC like Geoff Johns and Lee said that he will get his own solo, but we don't know when.

But Wizard Shazam did appear in Metal, but it was the Pre-52/Post-Crisis Wizard (the one that is a Lord of Order), so i assume they are gonna use Post-Crisis Cap as the inspiration for Rebirth Cap.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@hypnos0929:

Just adding my own 2 cents.

His name is now Shazam

True, but that only applies to N52 Shazam (but even then he was still called Cap Marvel a few times), can't be said the same to Post-Crisis Cap and Rebirth Cap, and given that Rebirth chose to use Post-Crisis Wizard Shazam, whose actual name is actually Shazam (the wizard) as confirmed by Talia al Ghul in Metal, and logically Billy can't have that name in Rebirth (because it now rightfully belongs to the Wizard as it should have been), thus there is only one option left.

He still has the Darkseid War powers, seeing as how no one took his away.

He lost them during Darkseid War actually, he is back to his old status.

No new comics/ important appearences have been made for him as far as I'm aware.

This is too true.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01:

So what’s level is he?

Superman-level.

Does he have super speed and strength? Can he fly?

Yes, to all of that.

Warp reality?

Regular Cap can't.

But Darkseid War/God of Gods Billy should be able to do at least theoretically, since he has 2 powersources who are actually reality warpers ie The Wizard and Yuga Khan.

And probably Lord Marvel also can do that, since he had Wizard Shazam's powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

New 52 Billy was relegated to nothing, he made 1 appearance since Rebirth launched. So there is little to know about him and No, Yuga Khan is not his main power source, he's back to the original