Does Captain America: Civil War have some of the best movie fighting scenes ever?

• 50 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60ecdb28037bb
deactivated-60ecdb28037bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does Captain America: Civil War have some of the best movie fighting scenes ever? (34 votes)

Yes 38%
No 62%

Did it have some of the best movie fighting scenes ever?

• 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The cap and bucky vs iron man scene was pretty cool but that's about it. The rest of the movie is pretty mediocre

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RBT

Final fight was good(ignoring the power levels) . The airport fight was eh.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7 Did Endgame or Infinity War have better scenes?

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier was better

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

People can hate on the large scale Airport fight if they want, but every other fight was solid. Crossbones vs Cap/Widow. Any Black Panther or Spider-Man scene. Winter Soldiers break out scene. Cap and Bucky vs SWAT. It’s all so damn good. Then the big finale VS Ironman is one of the best street levelers fights to ever grace the screen.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MAZAHS117  Online

Certainly entertaining for sure, I can’t go “ever” tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 What are your favorite movie fight scenes?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fda0e622d0fa
deactivated-5fda0e622d0fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. It has the best cbm fight ever and the best cbm fights overall.

I'd say it got the best action I have seen alongside Terminator 2 judgement day.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems people forgot that the Airport battle was the greatest scene in any comicbook movie back when it came out.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All 4 of the Russo directed Marvel movies have some of the best Action in a CBM ever. I feel like only Zack Snyder (300, MoS, BvS), James Wan (Aquaman) and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) have come close in that particular category.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@factbro said:

@mama7 Did Endgame or Infinity War have better scenes?

IW no contest. Endgame was utter garbage. Only that summoning scene was good and that armies fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gracetrack

@rbt said:

Final fight was good(ignoring the power levels) . The airport fight was eh.

This exactly.

I would add that I liked the Bucky breakout battle as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd3086a64ae2
deactivated-5fd3086a64ae2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The final fight was great. The airport one was too long, but still decent. Infinity War and The Winter Soldier have the best fight scenes in the MCU.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All 4 of the Russo directed Marvel movies have some of the best Action in a CBM ever. I feel like only Zack Snyder (300, MoS, BvS), James Wan (Aquaman) and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok) have come close in that particular category.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People didn't like the airport fight? :/

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems people forgot that the Airport battle was the greatest scene in any comicbook movie back when it came out.

Lol no it wasn't

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BEST movie fighting scenes EVER?

Hard no.

Civil War did have some splendid other scenes though. Funny enough, other MCU movies outshine Civil War, let-alone including every other movie ever.

Winter Soldier had better displayed of h2h, Avengers 1, GotG, and Endgame had better displays of team-work. Infinity War had better movie-wide fight scenes. Endgame had a better team-charge scene.

Civil War does nothing the best, as it generally does everything great. But great is not enough to land as BEST EVER. Those are massive shoes to fill!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@factbro: It's one of my favorite fights too. I also liked th battle of gotham (tdkr) despite the chereography and the battle of earth (endgame) as "big ending battle" go.

I tend to enjoy these type of movies more than "author" ones most of the time, haha. Just relax and watch some of my favorite characters.

GGtinyPP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to other films like the ip man movies or hell even captain America two then the civil wars fights don’t seem that impressive

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27 krisbishop  Moderator

It didn't even have the best fighting scenes in the MCU.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does have some, but the MCU definitely has better.

Winter Soldier comes to mind

a8612152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than John Wick 3 in my opinion.

Definitely some of the best fighting scenes and i've watched a lot of action movies.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no way. Best movie fighting scenes ever means you have to surpass an insane amount of masterclass choreography, even pop-culture icons like John Wick (all three), Star Wars, and other CBMs surpass all the fights in CW by a country mile.

This is ignoring actual masterpiece fight scenes like the hallway scene in Old Boy and such, which completely obliterate any scene in CW by light-years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, no way. Best movie fighting scenes ever means you have to surpass an insane amount of masterclass choreography, even pop-culture icons like John Wick (all three), Star Wars, and other CBMs surpass all the fights in CW by a country mile.

This is ignoring actual masterpiece fight scenes like the hallway scene in Old Boy and such, which completely obliterate any scene in CW by light-years.

No.

Loading Video...

The best CBM fight ever is better than any scene in Oldboy, and overall CW is slightly better as a movie.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but only parts of the airport scene were really cool for me. The fight between cap, buck and T'challa and the final fight between iron man and cap were really good.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Heatforce

Yes but only parts of the airport scene were really cool for me. The fight between cap, buck and T'challa and the final fight between iron man and cap were really good.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thespartanb345t: What's funny? Park-Chan Wook is nothing special.

The majority of intelligent film critics agreed that Civil War was a better film, are you going to counter my points or not?

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman sure do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm said:

Nope, but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman sure do.

Are you seriously implying BvS has better action scenes than Civil War, which is one of the best films of this decade and of all-time? Comparable to TDKR and Drive etc?

Final act solos tbh.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Odimm

@doomquestz: I'm not just implying it I'm outright stating it. I could think of 4-5 scenes in BvS that solos the whole trash heap known as Civil War. Lmao at comparable to The Dark Knight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm: Martha really sold it to you, did she? Nobody has said that CW was on par with The Dark Knight, i said that it was on par with The Dark Knight Rises, both are fantastic and miles ahead BvS.

What are those scenes? Dude BvS is a 7/10 nothing more due to Luthor's poor portryal and some flaws.

CW is perfect from start to finish and a solid 9/10.

No Caption Provided

Do you really think BvS has better chereography and action than this? There's atleast a reasoning for every fight here.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomquestz:

Martha really sold it to you, did she? Nobody has said that CW was on par with The Dark Knight, i said that it was on par with The Dark Knight Rises, both are fantastic and miles ahead BvS.

Civil War shouldn't be in the same sentence with any movie from the TDK trilogy, even TDKR. BvS is actually the best of the bunch imo. I prefer a darker Batman.

What are those scenes? Dude BvS is a 7/10 nothing more due to Luthor's poor portryal and some flaws.

Are we talking about action here or the whole movie? Needless to say I disagree with that but this is specifically about the action, which is undoubtably some of the best to come out of hollywood in the last 20 years.

CW is perfect from start to finish and a solid 9/10.

LMAO. I could give several paragraphs of everything wrong with that movie, but speaking specifically about the action, only the Airport fight is even noteworthy and it's outshined by several from BvS.

Do you really think BvS has better chereography and action than this? There's atleast a reasoning for every fight here.

Yes, without question.

No Caption Provided

And it's also far more spectacular and powerful.

No Caption Provided

BvS has everything in terms of action. Street-tier choreography? Check. High-tier power beam struggle? Check. High stakes and an indomitable opponent (Doomsday)? Check. Civil War has one fight that is okay and a bunch of cheesy crap in between they try to convince you is good while ignoring everything wrong with the plot and foundation of why they are even fighting in the first place.

BvS>CW in both action and story quality.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm:

Civil War shouldn't be in the same sentence with any movie from the TDK trilogy, even TDKR. BvS is actually the best of the bunch imo. I prefer a darker Batman.

You're either a troll or someone who is delusional if you think BvS is comparable to even a single scene of The Dark Knight. And TDKR is on par with CW, but BB is better. Batman is my favorite character but BvS is the 5th or 6th best Batman film at best.

Are we talking about action here or the whole movie? Needless to say I disagree with that but this is specifically about the action, which is undoubtably some of the best to come out of hollywood in the last 20 years.

Mad Max Fury Road? Mission Impossible: Fallout? Civil War? The Bourne Ultimatum? John Wick series? Even MoS and IW had better action scenes. I'm talking about the whole movie.

LMAO. I could give several paragraphs of everything wrong with that movie, but speaking specifically about the action, only the Airport fight is even noteworthy and it's outshined by several from BvS.

Are you going to counter my points or just talk here? Zemo >>> Luthor. FACT.

Yes, without question.

Great scene sure, but Bucky's escape and the final fight are way better.

And it's also far more spectacular and powerful.

Only the cinematography.

BvS has everything in terms of action. Street-tier choreography? Check. High-tier power beam struggle? Check. High stakes and an indomitable opponent (Doomsday)? Check. Civil War has one fight that is okay and a bunch of cheesy crap in between they try to convince you is good while ignoring everything wrong with the plot and foundation of why they are even fighting in the first place.

BvS>CW in both action and story quality.

What are you talking about? CW has a much better villain and a way better layed foundation and the plot is tighter and better written. CW > All DCEU films by far. Only WW and MOS are great tbh.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomquestz:

You're either a troll or someone who is delusional if you think BvS is comparable to even a single scene of The Dark Knight. And TDKR is on par with CW, but BB is better. Batman is my favorite character but BvS is the 5th or 6th best Batman film at best.

That's your opinion and you're free to have it but I disagree.

Mad Max Fury Road? Mission Impossible: Fallout? Civil War? The Bourne Ultimatum? John Wick series? Even MoS and IW had better action scenes. I'm talking about the whole movie.

Okay, and per the topic of this thread I was talking about the fighting scenes specifically, nice strawman.

Are you going to counter my points or just talk here? Zemo >>> Luthor. FACT.

I'm not going to respond to your strawman if that's what you were expecting. I'm talking about the action and fighting and you're going off on some other things. Stay on topic. And btw, Batman was real antagonist of the movie, not Luthor. So that goes to show your understanding of the movie isn't very good, which is probably why you don't like it.

Great scene sure, but Bucky's escape and the final fight are way better.

Than Batman's warehouse scene? Lmao. Again, it's a matter of taste, I just disagree.

Only the cinematography.

Well that's a pretty important aspect of filmmaking so I'll take that. The choreography is also miles more advanced.

What are you talking about? CW has a much better villain and a way better layed foundation and the plot is tighter and better written. CW > All DCEU films by far. Only WW and MOS are great tbh.

Loading Video...

This pretty much explains everything incoherent and wrong about the movie.

BvS>CW by a long shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm:

That's your opinion and you're free to have it but I disagree.

It's a clear and objective fact that TDK is miles ahead of Zack Snyder's entire filmography put together.

Okay, and per the topic of this thread I was talking about the fighting scenes specifically, nice strawman.

And these movies execute their fight scenes better than BvS.

I'm not going to respond to your strawman if that's what you were expecting. I'm talking about the action and fighting and you're going off on some other things. Stay on topic. And btw, Batman was real antagonist of the movie, not Luthor. So that goes to show your understanding of the movie isn't very good, which is probably why you don't like it.

I said the movie is good and i like it, but it's FAR from being one of the best CBMs. A compairson would be BvS vs Batman Returns or Black Panther, not CW. Also, Luthor was clearly the villain who made them fight, what movies did you watch?

Than Batman's warehouse scene? Lmao. Again, it's a matter of taste, I just disagree.

Yeah, they're better.

Well that's a pretty important aspect of filmmaking so I'll take that. The choreography is also miles more advanced.

That doesn't make the fight better, since CW was clearly more intense and better directed.

This pretty much explains everything incoherent and wrong about the movie.

BvS>CW by a long shot.

Video essays? You don't want to go that route, don't you?

Loading Video...

CW =/> TDKR >>> BvS.

Odimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doomquestz:

It's a clear and objective fact that TDK is miles ahead of Zack Snyder's entire filmography put together.

That's a dumb thing to say since all art is subjective. You can say it's more successful but your opinion on it is just that, your opinion.

And these movies execute their fight scenes better than BvS.

Not according to cinematography and choreography they don't.

I said the movie is good and i like it, but it's FAR from being one of the best CBMs. A compairson would be BvS vs Batman Returns or Black Panther, not CW. Also, Luthor was clearly the villain who made them fight, what movies did you watch?

Based on what? RottenTomatoes ratings? Use your own mind don't regurgitate critical opinions. BvS has much more meaning and is far deeper and philosophical than any MCU would ever even attempt at being. That alone garners my respect. Luthor was the puppet master but Batman was the primary antagonist. You obviously completely lack understanding on the film.

Yeah, they're better.

In your world sure.

That doesn't make the fight better, since CW was clearly more intense and better directed.

No Caption Provided

Video essays? You don't want to go that route, don't you?

Lmao, yeah, this isn't gonna go anywhere.

CW =/> TDKR >>> BvS.

BvS>MCU. It's objectively the truth according to me, deal with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odimm:

That's a dumb thing to say since all art is subjective. You can say it's more successful but your opinion on it is just that, your opinion.

Critics, awards, and ratings >>> your opinion. Nolan >>> Snyder.

Not according to cinematography and choreography they don't.

Lmao.

Based on what? RottenTomatoes ratings? Use your own mind don't regurgitate critical opinions. BvS has much more meaning and is far deeper and philosophical than any MCU would ever even attempt at being. That alone garners my respect. Luthor was the puppet master but Batman was the primary antagonist. You obviously completely lack understanding on the film.

Based on the fact CW is acclaimed and loved, BvS is disivie and i like the other more. BvS doesn't have "more meaning or deeper" than the MCU. I understood the film fine, Martha why did you say that name?

Lmao, yeah, this isn't gonna go anywhere.

Ok.

BvS>MCU. It's objectively the truth according to me, deal with it.

Almost all MCU films minus like 6 of them are better than BvS.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dmnb2wavy

When it comes to marvel movies sure.

While I dislike the air port battle every other fight was pretty solid for the most part.

WS fight scenes are kinda overrated. They have way to many cuts which makes the fight confusing sometimes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW fight scenes suck. The only ones I liked were the Flash vs Zoom fights lmao

DammeFavour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers