Does Batman always win? Batman vs Wolverine

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AlKusanagi

Wolverine is constantly listed at the top of Marvel's list of fighters, a rating that states "master of all forms of combat." Bruce sure as hell doesn't have an advantage when it comes to hand to hand combat.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By mtrakos

Bats escapes with his life the first round.

Second round Batman is ready to take out the overused mutant.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AlKusanagi

I second the "if Batman gets prep time, Wolverine does too" idea.

Wolverine calls in a favor from Emma, she turns Bats' brain off.

See how that works?

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Cyborg6971

What is the last pic from? It looks like bats just walked out of castle Anthrax. And now for something completely different.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By kid Apollo

@moywar700: thats kinky

Batman vs Taskmaster pleeeeease!

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Spideycap

@AlKusanagi said:

I second the "if Batman gets prep time, Wolverine does too" idea.

Wolverine calls in a favor from Emma, she turns Bats' brain off.

See how that works?

Batman of Zur En Arrh will just come out if you try to shut his brain down, and nobody wants that.

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#107  Edited By mewmdude77

I want the next one of these to be Spider-Man vs Batman. It'd be a neat fight, and they're both the most popular heroes of their companies

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By CRTrobinson

@Super_SoldierXII: damn good points there!

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Grey56

Again - given any preparation - Bruce wins. Thrown into something completely neutral with no interactive environment, you have to like Logan's chances.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By Wyldsong

@Nomadsquad said:

One nerve tap & Wolvy would be down.

Nerve strikes were already discussed and thrown out as not working on Wolvie. Check the second paragraph on Wolverine's advantages.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Be sure to vote for what you want to see in January's "Does Batman Always Win?" 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/vote-for-the-next-does-batman-always-win/738716/

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112  Edited By neiliusprime

@ripcurl said:

Batman could ONLY win with prep.

yep

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Batman wins 6/10 times I think.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By mcbean

If you believe Batman can beat Superman he would have no problem beating wolverine.

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By Wolverine0628

I still think Batman would win. The hard part is keeping Wolverine dead, because he can regenerate from practically nothing.

KidDynamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By KidDynamo

I always hate when people write that Batman or Captain America is a "master of 100+ martail arts!" As someone who studied 3 different martial arts, saying he's a master of a hundred just sounds absurd and as though the writer has no idea what they're talking about. Like, saying he was a master of 5-7 would be MASSIVELY IMPRESSIVE. Saying 100 just sounds silly. It's like saying a candidate for president served on the board of 300 different companies. Or, that an athelete is so great that they won 275 gold medals. In most martial arts, becoming adept at the physical elements will only earn one a black belt. True mastery of the art, at that point, only comes with age. Batman is too YOUNG to have "mastered" even most of the basic and commonly known arts. Unless he just looked up all the obscure ones he could master over the internet to pad out his resume. Moreover, Batman doesn't really ACT like a martial arts master. They should just say he obsessively studies multiple arts and created his own style and be done with it.

TheMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By TheMultiverse

Here's one thing that never gets brought up.

We've never seen Batman fight an opponent he knows he can't kill in hand to hand combat (don't quote me)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We've never seen super lethal Batman gadgets. Not saying that Batman wins. I think he loses this fight 7/10 times, and 10/10 times if Wolverine goes berserker.

However Batman fighting an opponent that he can basically kill over, and over again without worry is pretty scary. IF Batman lasts long enough to figure out "what" he's fighting then he takes those fights. Chances of the fight lasting that long are slim though.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By jorgeareizaga

BATMAN ALWAYS WILL KICK AND PUNISH WOLVERINE´S CROTCH!!!!!

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolvie wins hands down

faceforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By faceforest

For me, the whole Gotham thing goes out the window. What is he going to do? Jump off of skyscrapers and drop kick him? Bring him down a manhole? Hide in a building? Wolverine's senses are more than just "oh there's a sound over this corner." He can track down his targets, it's used commonly in his stories. He would hear or smell Bruce before he even got a chance to launch an attack. Logan has taken down tougher and smarter opponents. And he's worked with guys just like Bruce too. Game. Set. Match. Logan.

Avatar image for deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e
deactivated-6212d9bb8a06e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm personally not the biggest Batman fan, maybe he could win if he threw a bunch of X-Men: The Last Stand DVDs at Wolverine. If I were an X-Man in real life, I'd be screaming, "NO! NO! Get it away from me!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I agree that Wolverine would win most of the time.

Also, I know it isn't a Batman battle but I would love to see a breakdown of who would win in a fight between Boba Fett and Master Chief.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By GreenFuse

Yeah, not a good matchup for Batman. He needs time/prep against Wolverine and a random battle doesn't give him that. The fight may start out with them trading blows and judo chopping, but then Wolverine's busted lip heals up before Batman's eyes, and suddenly the claws pop out and shit gets bloody and stabby. Poor, Bruce...

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By evilvegeta74

Wolverine!

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#125  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

Batman vs Wolverine... >.>

If this was an actual comic, Batman would win.

I don't care how much evidence you have to support your case, Batman would win.

Plus... Wolverine is a lame pile of wrong. I truly loath Wolverine. Bruce is a way more awesome character. So as a fan of Batman, I feel I already won because of loving the better character.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Im trying to think about what could batman do to wolverine in a random encounter without prep, the answer is not much. Wolverine has taken a bunch of hits from the hulk, i doubt that without prep, the bat could do anything substantial to put logan down. Now if batman had prep time, a simple magnet would do the trick.

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127  Edited By abeyance

@jorgeareizaga: That will only ensure wolverine's victory. Instant berserker rage with claws. Batman has no armor. I don't care how agile Batman is, or how man gadgets he has. If he doesn't have the power of magnetism, a muramasa sword, or telepathic abilities he will not stop an enraged wolverine with his peak level of regular human skills. You also have to note Wolverine is over a hundred years old and has his own level of combat skills that I believe trump Batman's oh what 20 to 25 years of fighting.

ElReginaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ElReginaldo

Wolverine wins. Bats would survive the fight, but not win it.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#129  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Batman always wins, my ass. There's no way that Bats can win a battle against Wolverine, let's be realistic please lol.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Bats would not survie.

Med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Med

can batman vs. deadpool be a thing? please?

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By frogjitsu

@The Stegman said:

WOLVERINE, OR TWO BATMEN??

Awesome. So awesome in fact, that I had to log in and quote it. :-)

bozotheclown44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By bozotheclown44

@abeyance:

wolverine's rage is his weakness he will try to hit batman with a bunch of insane slashes that will not hit because his anger will unbalance him mean while batman will be dogging his claws like he does with bullets in the batman animated series opening until he figures out what gadget to use

bozotheclown44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#134  Edited By bozotheclown44

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#135  Edited By TheHeat

Logan wins easily.

team_wade101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By team_wade101

wolverine would rape bats with his claws.

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Luthorcrow

In a random encounter Wolverine wins every time. With knowledge and time to plan, Batman could win but only by trickery, tactics and gear. But he would lose when Logan recovers and comes back for payback.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ChillinNKillin

I love Batman, I even picked him against Captain America, but NO WAY IN HELL does Batman win here. No way, no how.

Batman would get his ass handed to him in hand-to-hand, let alone adding the claws and healing factor to the mix. Before the Batfools (bias Batman fans) show up, Wolverine has AT LEAST 3x more combat, ninja, and martial art experience than Bats. Then there's the little thing of Wolverine being faster, more agile and stronger. Wolverine took hits (plural/more than one blow) from the HULK....Batman's attack would be as effective as sprinkling water at him.

Batman can't even use his predatory skills on ol' Wolvie because Wolverine can both hear and smell Batman for many meters before Bats can lay a hand on him. For those saying "Batman will win the second time around with prep!!!", well there will be NO SECOND TIME AROUND!!! Wolverine will hunt him down and kill him dead, if he tries to escape.

WOLVERINE WINS!!!! BRUTALITY!!!!

CrashLanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By CrashLanden

@The Stegman:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

While I agree in terms of on a card. Based on the terms of this match up, Wolverine would and should win. I think there are many elements that have been overlooked. And I feel that if these two were to encounter one another in an actual comic crossover Batman would win. The writers would find a way.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#141  Edited By RealityWarper

Wolverine fought 18 hours against Omega Red without tyring...

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Karkarov

What is the point of these articles? You are putting batman against dudes who aren't even in the same universe as he is, they are all super humans, and it isn't "neutral and fair" ground. Batman's real greatest skill is his planning and preparation. Saying he can't plan, prepare, or know anything about his opponent before the first puch is thrown is a massive disadvantage to him. Wolverine is a Gary Stue who can walk into a nuclear explosion and get back up depending on who is writing him. Of course he wins in a random fight where Batman doesn't have the one thing that could enable him to win, fore knowledge of his opponent and their weaknesses.

PS: Didn't he actually beat Captain America in a fight during an old Marvel Vs DC crossover?

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By henryarguelles5

Very well argued.

endlessxshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By endlessxshadow

Wolverine wins this match up 9-1.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#145  Edited By GREGalicious

I completely agree with the verdict but Bruce would put up one hell of a fight...

Wiggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Wiggi

I like Logan in this encounter. Sight unseen he looks like a garden variety brawler, but the healing factor, unbreakable and razor sharp claws, and at least a century of combat experience against super-powered foes make Logan an easy choice for victor. Bats has had trouble with similar foes in recent history like Court of Owls. Wolverine is like a Talon on crack.

Geeky Question: Where has it been established that Adamantium is a ferrous metal? Isn't the only reference for that the whole thing with Magneto in Fatal Attractions? Hasn't it been established outside of that as non-ferrous?

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#147  Edited By Queso6p4

Of course Wolverine wins this.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#148  Edited By Omega-Man

Considering what Batman has fought before and has been out matched in alot of ways, the whole Wolverine has more experience is crap Bruce has defeated people who has more experience than him, Does Ra's Al Ghul ring any bells? as for super hearing and smell doesn't mean anything Batman has disappeared from Superman before and Superman's hearing is much better than Wolverine's Next healing factor. It means Bruce can do alot more damage and doesn't need to hold back Running him over with the batmobile calling the Batplane to crash into him head on Batmissiles from the plane. Freeze bombs to encase him in ice, magnets like he used in the new 52 He could staple Wolverine to a wall with it. Sound disruption devices He's used this against a few heroes and villains with Super hearing it's all standard equipment not prep equipment So tell me how does wolverine overcome that?

Another is his nerve cluster strikes Logan is NOT amune to nerve cluster strikes. Show me proof on this that he has been hit by someone who knows how to hit nerves and I will change my opinion on this little one, but that means you have to proove the others I have stated also.

Batman has defeated Amazo on his own without prep at least twice. (Legends of the dark knight Comics and Under The Red Hood comic arc) Also Vandal savage he's immortal and has a healing factor and has alot of years worth of experience yet I'd put my money on batman against him any time.

iron_tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By iron_tool

uuhhmm... Wrong! Batman would win... How can anyone even doubt that. Batman BEAT Superman..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
AnonymousMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By AnonymousMC

@team_wade101 said:

wolverine would rape bats with his claws.

Holy Crap this is a wicked picture!