Does Batman always win? Batman vs Wolverine

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Big_Nasty

Only Fight Batman every truly lost to was Bane And Joel Schumacher.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By sinestro_GL

Though the answer may seem pretty straight-forward, I'm going to say that the winner REALLY depends on SO MANY factors...but probably Logan would win...

lionellaflare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By lionellaflare

1 round, and Batman never had a chance to observe Logan. Logan wins.

It doesn't happen twice. dodge gas, magnet cuffs... then bats would win.

But everybody wants these fights in one round in a random encounter. Thats like asking bruce wayne to fight all his villains one after the other while he is buck naked...

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

I don't believe I need voice my opinion on the matter herein ... my mullet and manly stubble shall speak for themselves.

Seriously though, well articulated and well thought out article K4tzm4n. I think you were rather generous with Bruce given this is a random. However, you've diplomatically given the Bat fans little to complain about in so doing.

CRTrobinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CRTrobinson

Nice article. Glad Wolverine got a bit of credit. Maybe Spiderman next?

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By dondasch

As always, this comes down to how much preparation time Batman has. If he has enough time to study Wolverine, his combat style, healing factor, etc., then Batman could win. If it's just a random, Hello I'm Batman, Hello I'm Wolverine encounter then I see no hope for The Dark Knight. Preparation is the key here.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By fodigg

Batman is almost always supposed to lose. His superpower is plot-based victory.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By frozenedge2

Batman's only real chance against anybody super-powered is prep time. If he meets them for the first time with no prior knowledge about them, he'll definitely lose. And depending on the character he may not make it out alive to go for a round two

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SlickyMike88

Wolverine kills , Batman doesen't. Then I have to say Wolverine wins

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By tximinoman

It depends, who will "the bad guy" be in this story? if Batman is the villain, Wolverine will definetly murder him, if Batman is the hero he will end up runing away as soon as he realizes that he's going to die.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MrShway88

@ripcurl said:

Batman could ONLY win with prep.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Bats gets skewered.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#63  Edited By Kairan1979
@dondasch said:

As always, this comes down to how much preparation time Batman has. If he has enough time to study Wolverine, his combat style, healing factor, etc., then Batman could win. If it's just a random, Hello I'm Batman, Hello I'm Wolverine encounter then I see no hope for The Dark Knight. Preparation is the key here.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lurkero

Any question about Batman Vs. must be preceded with "Does he have time to prepare?"

If the answer is yes, Batman wins. If the answer is no, then we can start talking about the powers or abilities of the opponent. Typically if the opponent has magical or god-like powers then Batman loses in a straight fight.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tchalla3000

I can't say Wolverine will win on the first go. Wolverine almost always enters a fight with his claws out. This will cause Batman to come up with assessments on the spot. Batman almost always tries his toys before fighting an opponent he doesn't know. He's stated that he prefers to outsmart his opponents than out-fight. This would be a tough fight; it's not like Batman has never fought opponents who kills before, or who is stronger, more durable, and heals better. Plus, they can both be arrogant at times, so it's a toss up.

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#66  Edited By pspin

Wolverine hands down, in a random encounter there is no contest. Even if Batman had prep time, he still couldn't guarantee a win, Wolverine is one of the smartest men in the Marvel Universe from a combat perspective and has hundreds of years of experience.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tximinoman

@Lurkero: I don't even think here is a matter of time or preparation, if this is a real fight, being both of them well written, Batman has nothing to do. Wolverine has no weakness, he's no Superman, he's got no Kryptonite that can put his senses down, make his bones less unbreakable, or stop his heal factor, he can take almost anything from almost anyone. Sure a guy as strong as Superman, Thor, or something like that could easily take down Logan, but Batman? come on!

Then again, we have seen Wolverine being taken down by people who just shouldn't be able to do that but if both of them are written as they should, Bruce Wayne is dead.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#68  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@ripcurl said:

Logical

Hermatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Hermatt

I see Wolverine winning, unless Batman somehow gets a hold of the Muramasa blade. And it would be great to see Bats stick Wolverine to the side of a subway train with the magnet.

Hanson724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hanson724

I agree, Wolvie for the win but that magnet makes me hesitant. Almost want to give it to Bats just because of that little advantage.

Barkley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Barkley

wolverine wins he can go heads up with the hulk

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MyronLee26

People always give Batman that prep time option. Well, shouldn't his opponent get prep time also? Just saying.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AskaniSon295

Wolverine wins.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By DarkChris

Wolverine has served for many years, is a difficult opponent in martial arts, has his claws, his healing factor and his senses.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By HushoftheWind

As big as of a Batman fan i am, i even I have to admit that Batman does lose the first meeting. BUT, we all know that Bruce is not stupid enough to just fight until the end. He's gonna learn everything he needs to know and escape to fight another day. Wolverine could follow him back to the Batcave, but the would be stupid on his part. I can definitely see Batman using Mr. Freeze's tech to slow down Logan's healing factor in the next skirmish.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By daak1212

My question is when hasn't Batman won on this site? The nerd-boner for Batman rivals the Eiffel Tower in size, and the Third Reich in zealotry. Seriously, whats the point of these articles when battle forums are flooded with Batman wins threads?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By HushoftheWind

@ripcurl: I disagree, Batman is very skilled detective and fighter, and doesn't always have to retreat to prep then win.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#78  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Patiently waits for Batman VS Galactus  I agree with the OP, I think Wolverine is just to much in a straight fight 

Man, that's not fair at all in a random encounter... Batman clearly wins :P 

@FadeToBlackBolt: Sorry you feel that way, but this match was heavily requested in both PMs and DMs.  And, despite the probable outcome being obvious to you and me, there are many out there who might not know these characters as extensively as we do.  This wasn't created "just for Batman to lose." It was created because there was great interest in it and, in spite of having a clear outcome in my mind, it's not so unfair to the point that I wouldn't consider sharing my expanded thoughts on it. 

@entropy_aegis

said:

Completely agreed k4tz,hopefully you'll get around to doing one with Black Panther and Daredevil.

I have 3 options in mind for next month's segment. They're 2 of them ;)
jesse10022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jesse10022

Superious skill... huh. That's funny, considering Batman isn't over 100 years old nor knows half as much as Wolverine should. But ok. As long as Batman get's his ass whooped like he deserves, I'm happy.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#80  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@jesse10022 said:

Superious skill... huh. That's funny, considering Batman isn't over 100 years old nor knows half as much as Wolverine should. But ok. As long as Batman get's his ass whooped like he deserves, I'm happy.

Consistent display of better skill.  That's the key word in this case and there's even a paragraph discussing Logan's use of technique.

Logan's a dude that suffers a rather inconsistent display of skill. He's consistently ranked a 7 out of 7 in handbooks for fighting ability, yet it's far too often we see the version of Wolverine that doesn't mind letting his healing factor get to work simply because he knows he can take it. Because of this, I believe it's fair to assume he won't always showcase his complete technical knowledge while in character

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By comicace3

As much as I like batman, I've been given proof time and time again wolvie wins. With prep bats will rip the adamantium away from him... But in a random encounter bats... will... loose.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@k4tzm4n: Great read.

Do you think it would make any difference if Batman had prep?

I ask this because I always hear people say he would beat opponents with prep.

Kesho_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Kesho_Ronin

Yeah i agree that wolverin wins.suchreasons are wrote by greg.but wolverine is capeble of one thing that batmanisn't.KILLING

and as for batman if he sees that wolverine has healing factor he wouldn't have a problem to do someserious damage to logan

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By Deranged Midget

Props for keeping your opinion as neutral as possible and giving both sides the benefit of the doubt. I mean, in a completely random encounter, there is little that Bruce can be prepared for in regards to facing Logan, whose advantages are quite clear. It's a sad fact that considering all of Logan's experience and training over the years, he never takes full advantage of it. Truly it would be a fantastic battle to see the two of them clash it out in a pure battle of skill and wits. But as it is, Bruce is basically going into this blind and for the most part, completely outmatched as he has very little chance of putting Logan down permanently.

Fantastic article Gregg!

Tulivu89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Tulivu89

Doesn't Batman usually lose his first random encounter (God, what is this, Final Fantasy?)? Actually, its a common plot device for the villain to beat down the protagonist who then prepares for round two. Batman just takes that to the extreme. I foresee Batman losing all of these match ups. The point is Batman escapes and then the whole "well, with prep time." I would like to see round two match ups where Batman shines. He could still lose but I would enjoy seeing what they come up with.

For example, after realizing that Wolverine is nigh unkillable and identifying his metal skeleton, Batman designs a magnetic tracking system that will read every skeletal movement, allowing him to avoid Wolverine's strikes. Batman could also use special magnets in his gauntlets to help deflect blows. With the combat field more level, Batman could employ a construction foam like device to immobilize Wolverine. Threat neutralized. That is more entertaining to me than "Batman encountered a Wild Gyarados! Batman's batarang was not very effective.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Who drew that 2nd pic?

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Skunkstein

I agree, i dont see Batman winning a random encounter. Now with prep, hah, thats the ever winning factor for the Bat.

Nomadsquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Nomadsquad

One nerve tap & Wolvy would be down. Wolverine relies too much on his savagery. Bruce would win by his wits, as always.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

@roboadmiral said:

I don't know, I think the article somewhat underestimates Batman's physical capabilities. The man's demonstrated some serious physical strength; holding up collapsing roofs, pushing a rail car, etc. He can sneak up on Superman who's senses are as good as (if not better than) Wolverine's.

And judging by Wolverine's last encounter with Daken, asphyxiation and drowning are very effective options for dealing with guys like them. Quite frankly, Wolverine's healing capabilities have been written extremely inconsistently. Sometimes it seems that he doesn't even have to heal wounds, they just disappear, which I call PIS on. Getting decked by Hulk would result in a severe concussion, ruptured organs, and multiple dislocated joints. Accelerated healing still requires healing to take place.

While I admit, Bruce has feats that are, by all intents and purposes, borderline 'superhuman', still, Batman's strength feats pale in comparison with Wolverine's that are downright superhuman - and meant to be such as enhanced strength is part and parcel to his power-set.

Also, Wolverine is much stronger than Daken and was able to hold him down. No way does Batman physically hold down Logan. With prep, yes, asphyxiation by drowning is a great option. No one is arguing Bruce wouldn't win with prep though.

As an aside, the adamantium molecularly bonded to Logan's skeleton underwent a chemical modification via Logan's healing factor so as not to interfere with the normal function of the collagen in both bone and ligament. This new compound was retconned into what is now known as 'Beta Adamantium'. This is why Logan's joints do not tear asunder in explosions and why his head does not part from his body when nailed by Hulk as his joints too are 'unbreakable'.

Before we cry 'impossible', do note that coating bone is just as improbable and would inhibit his body's natural movement and functions just as much as it would ligaments. You cannot logically tout one as acceptable then move to decry the other.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By sethysquare

lie. batman always wins

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#91  Edited By Trodorne

Thor Vs He-man needs an article like this.

AnonymousMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By AnonymousMC

@ripcurl said:

Word! Batman would otherwise be slice into little salchichas!

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sammo21

Let's not forget that Wolverine has much more combat experience than Batman might be equal to his fighting skills since he was trained and fought with people of similar background to Shiva. Wolverine has been described as being a master of many different fighting arts, so I'd say he wins in terms of fighting prowess as well. Also, using a magnet to get a gun or knife is much different than using a magnet to get hundreds of pounds of adamantium, so I doubt it would just be something Bats would have in his utility belt.

sledgemeyers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By sledgemeyers

I love Batman and all, but this should be looked at from a different angle. We can match up different abilities and strengths, but in the end Bruce loses because of how he would generally handle a character like Wolverine.

Bruce knows Logan would have the advantage in a hand-to-hand ordeal not just because of his claws, but because of his animosity and the healing factor. After concluding that, Batman would probably want to keep to the shadows and attempt something more strategic and hidden to disable Logan. That's usually Batman's go-to with something hardcore and in this situation it actually wouldn't work for one (awesome) reason. Tracking.

Wolverine is one of the greatest trackers in any universe. He can pretty much find anything and has countless times showed it's very hard to get the jump on him. Without Bruce's ability to retreat and surprise Logan, this would be a done deal of a fight. It would actually be pretty awesome to see also because we don't often see Batman as the hunted, he's usually the hunter.

I know Court of Owls was a recent example of Bruce being hunted, but disregard most of that for the sake of my argument.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SandMan_

Agreed

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By xmentas

@Sammo21 said:

Let's not forget that Wolverine has much more combat experience than Batman might be equal to his fighting skills since he was trained and fought with people of similar background to Shiva. Wolverine has been described as being a master of many different fighting arts, so I'd say he wins in terms of fighting prowess as well. Also, using a magnet to get a gun or knife is much different than using a magnet to get hundreds of pounds of adamantium, so I doubt it would just be something Bats would have in his utility belt.

Great point. Wolverine wins this.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#97  Edited By fps_dean

Here is how it would happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKQ3Oc97Wk

osarumen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By osarumen

wolverine will dice batman. wolverine is very fast and he would not allow batman to prepare atall. wolverine by far has the edge.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

There was a video of these two fighting together, In the end result Wolverine became the victor. I mean I wouldn't know who to choose to win both are the highly greatest heroes. But somehow I see Wolverine and Batman having a rematch to see whose better

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#100  Edited By Pokeysteve

Another really great read K4tz.

You forgot Batman's reach advantage :P