• 168 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Does Batman Always Win? 2.0 VOTING: Taskmaster vs. Batman (546 votes)

Taskmaster 41%
Batman 51%
Too close to call 8%

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
  • All characters have standard gear. For Taskmaster, this does NOT include the wrist gauntlet from his first mini, nor does he have double-speed.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs on the battle from industry talent.
 • 
Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Bats.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bats.

Por que, sir? Get this party started!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hmm because of the nature of his powers I'm kind of siding with Taskmaster on this, anybody know of any high end showings from Tasky?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Gonna throw Taskmaster in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think that Batman will be able to take this fight with Taskmaster 7/10, especially since according to the original post UDON is being discounted. Onto my argument for Batman.

We all know Tasmasters powers. If he sees an act performed, he can duplicate that act as long as it doesn't require superhuman effort. E.G if he sees someone punching through a board, he can repeat said feat. I'm going to use the ole' breakdown.

Strength: I'm pretty sure that Batman takes this category. I think if we compared feats, Batman would take it all day long. Taskmaster has trained extensively and is obviously in good shape, but there is no evidence to suggest that he is the physical specimen that Batman is.

Speed: Since the enhanced speed is disabled, this is closer. Both have impressive speed feats, but ultimately, Taskmaster is definitely faster. He has the reflexes of Daredevil, and has some pretty impressive feats that include blocking bullets with a chain.

Skill: This is likely going to be the hotbutton debate: who is more skilled? And I'm here to say it is for sure Batman. Taskmaster has some pretty vaunted skills. But when he was fighting Deadpool, all Deadpool had to do was start fighting erratically to beat him! No amount of fighting erratically would assist Deadpool against Batman. Meanwhile, Batman delivers the goods. When fighting Prometheus for the second time, Batman took an edge over him while he had the skills of the 30 best martial artists into his head. You've got to take Batman here.

Equipment: I'm actually calling this a draw, depending on whether Taskmaster has that energy gauntlet type thing. If he does, he gets a whole slew of weapons like swords, bows, shields, claws, spears, ect., that he can make at any time. We all know about Batman's extensive arsenal, which includes explosive batarangs, knockout gas, tranquilizer darts, and dozens of other weapons. But I'm calling this even because both have a wide array of equipment, Batman probably with more, Taskmaster's is lethal.

Mentality: Both are tactical genius's. But, I will also give this category to Batman. He has demonstrated tactical brilliance more times, and is well known for it. I understand that tactics and strategy are different. I'm not going to use scans in this post, but I can provide many tactical feats for Batman showing just how quick and improvisational he is on his feet.

I ended up giving this fight to Batman. Mainly because Batman has created his own style, and is more skilled in general. Facing an unfamiliar style, Taskmaster will be thrown off for the first few minutes of the fight, which could cost him. And, I believe that Batman has the better feats.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I'm not sure if I would count it as high showings, but Taskmaster taking out the Thunderbolts with Deadpool was quite impressive. Well, I thought so anyway.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@thebourneposter: I'm not discounting UDON -- I'm just saying he doesn't have double speed or the gauntlet, because neither are really standard for Taskmaster and he only had them in that mini.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sync1

I thought about it, and i have decided that Batman wins this in my opinion.

Let's take a look at it step by step:

In the skilldepartment, Taskmaster is quite versatile. He has the knowledge of very skilled people, for example: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Black Widow IIRC, and even Spiderman. But, Batman also knows a vast amount of different martial arts. Taskmaster has a slight edge in skill.

Although, Batman has the tactical advantage. He has the ability to adapt. I see him taking note of Taskmaster's changing styles of martial art, then using technology to take him down kind of like he did to Prometheus. What makes it worse, is that this is a city setting which gives Batman an even bigger advantage. He was once able to evade Jay Garrick. So overall, Taskmaster is more skilled in fighting skill, but Batman comes back with tactics and battlefield advantage, giving him the overall edge in skill.

In the physical department, Taskmaster comes out with impressive speed similar to that of Daredevil and Spiderman. But, Batman makes up for this with strength. Not to mention Batman is agile himself, making speed not enough of a factor to have the edge over Batman. This is an even game.

In the equipment department, Batman comes out with high-tech gadgets and gizmos. This gives him the advantage over Taskmaster. But, Taskmaster is highly skilled with his gear (having the Prowess of Hawkeye, Bullseye, Punisher, etc). Although, Batman is a consistent bullet dodger, and his gear is a lot more versatile than Taskmaster's; giving the edge to Batman.

Summary:

• Skill: Taskmaster is more skilled, but Batman's tactics and battlefield advantage gives him the edge.
  • Physicals: They are about even, with Taskmaster being faster and Batman being stronger.
  • Equipment: Batman gets the edge here, due to it being more versatile.
  • Overall: Batman wins. Battlefield advantage is VERY important, and with his ability to adapt to different situations and having the firepower to take TM down, Batman wins.

So to answer your question, Batman always wins. So far, at least. (don't take this too literally, i don't feel like getting raged at).

FyreLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Batman. Bruce is smart enough that he could probably figure out if his moves were being mimicked. In my mind at least, it would play out like someone trying to beat a chess grandmaster simply by copying every move they make. Taskmaster's got some cool moves from other superheroes he's encountered, but at the end of the day, without super-speed or some other super-human ability to augment his skills, he doesn't have the adaptability or experience needed to best someone on the level of Batman.

nigravirum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so let me just say that I have, in the past, been called one of those "radical Batman fans" that believes Batman can pretty much beat anyone. While that is true most of the time, I give this one to Taskmaster. Batman CAN beat anyone.... if he has prep time. This is a random encounter, which means Batman is without prep. So Batman, not knowing anything about Taskmaster or his abilities, is done for in this fight. Even though Batman seemingly beats everyone, he still is human. And humans just don't cut it against Taskmaster, as history proves. Any move that Batman would try to use on Taskmaster, Taskmaster could just counter against. Now, Im not saying that this fight would be quick because it wouldnt be. This fight would probably last hours on end because Batman never gives up and can take a punch. But while Batman can and will tire out eventually, Taskmaster doesnt tire as easily. This fight is pretty much who would tire out first because as soon as Taskmaster mastered all of Bruce's moves, they would become matched in fighting skill evenly. But Bruce would eventually tire out and would go down. Advantage = TASKMASTER

PabloGdeAnda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: I agree, Batman takes this.
Everything you said plus, Batman would detect Tasky is using many different styles one after the other, and immediately see the flaws in defense you obviously get from changing from one stance and movements to other.
Each martial art takes years to master, and each has it's different defense/attack stances that combine well, when Taskmaster changes between them quickly (and not having all the years of martial arts mastery) he should show vulnerable points in his defense, which one of the greatest hand-to-hand combatants like Batman could easily take advantage from.
Also, Batman doesn't "fight fair". Should he could start taking up the challenge, but as soon as Tasky gets out a sword or any weapon, Batman has tasers, sonic and blinding grenades (which his cowl protects him from), etc etc.

rugrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rugrat

i have a few thoughts could batman just push task master into the nearest building so that he can fight in the dark so to have an advantage

also batman is as smart as taskmaster probably smarter an know so many fighting styles he could use

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so let me just say that I have, in the past, been called one of those "radical Batman fans" that believes Batman can pretty much beat anyone. While that is true most of the time, I give this one to Taskmaster. Batman CAN beat anyone.... if he has prep time. This is a random encounter, which means Batman is without prep. So Batman, not knowing anything about Taskmaster or his abilities, is done for in this fight. Even though Batman seemingly beats everyone, he still is human. And humans just don't cut it against Taskmaster, as history proves. Any move that Batman would try to use on Taskmaster, Taskmaster could just counter against. Now, Im not saying that this fight would be quick because it wouldnt be. This fight would probably last hours on end because Batman never gives up and can take a punch. But while Batman can and will tire out eventually, Taskmaster doesnt tire as easily. This fight is pretty much who would tire out first because as soon as Taskmaster mastered all of Bruce's moves, they would become matched in fighting skill evenly. But Bruce would eventually tire out and would go down. Advantage = TASKMASTER

It's not always about h2h combat. You need to take into consideration the battlefield, and the equipment.

PythonVsWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PythonVsWalker

tasky is faster, so that has to count for something.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Batman.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Taskmaster copies all he sees.
Batman is a master of deception (isnt he? Ninja stuff and i remember him with Houdini), he can do things Taskmaster wont even see.
I thinks taskmasters at advantage here.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taskmaster can copy moves but i think not as good as the original character ,,, he also likes to announce his power bragging that he has everyone's moves so he kind of loses the advantage of surprise ..he's always been prone to eventually getting his ass kicked by heroes over the years like how cap kicked his ass in siege ..taskmaster also likes to slip away rather than confront opponents sometimes because hes all about money so if he's not getting paid he'd rather not get involved if he can help it. hes very selfishly motivated .. so my money is on batman, his will is like iron and his motivation is justice not money ...he also actually learned every martial arts discipline not copied them ...at the first sign that hes losing the fight taskmaster will cut his loses and run ...hes a path of least resistance type of guy ...batman will take this

Avatar image for cyclops4president
Cyclops4President

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 9

my personal preference is to want Batman to win, but in this case I voted too close to call.

The problem I see for Batman is with Taskmaster's ability to mimic any movement or fighting style that Batman throws at him. Batman is a HIGHLY experienced hand-to-hand fighter and will quickly realize beating Taskmaster in a 1-on-1 that way will expend too much energy and I believe he will revert to "other" tactics to win the fight. I don't believe Taskmaster is a "better" fighter than Batman, I just don't think he is going down with punches and kicks. So for that reason I call the hand-to-hand aspect of this fight a draw.

As far as weapons and armor goes, I think they are both suited well enough to defend themselves against any offensive weapons from the opponent. Batman has his typical suit that will deflect bullets to an extent, and it appears Taskmaster prefers to use swords and bow and arrow type weapons which is of real no threat to Batman. Taskmaster does not seem to be as adequately protected in terms of armor but he does has excellent "fast twitch" muscles and reflexes similar to that of Daredevil so Batman's batarangs and his grappling gun is not a real threat to Taskmaster. So even though I give a slight edge to Batman in terms of personal protection/body armor equipment, it is offset by Taskmasters ability to "duck and move"..."shuck and jive" out of any projectile offensive weapon Batman throws at him. Offensive weapons and personal body protection in this case is just too close to call so I have to call it a draw.

Physical fitness becomes a highly important factor in this fight. I believe Batman is bigger and stronger than Taskmaster, but I think Taskmaster is slightly faster than Batman. It is hard to say which would be superior in this instance though, the size and strength or the speed. Too close to call. The cardiovascular fitness is also too close to call as Batman is typically taking out weirdo psycho's or street thugs, but has shown he can withstand a long drawn out battle with an evenly matched foe. I believe Taskmaster is also highly able to "go the distance" in a long battle as he has evenly matched cardio tolerance, or maybe even a little better cardio availability than Batman as he is slightly smaller, slightly faster, and I believe his gear weighs less so he would exert less energy during the fight than Batman; however, Batman has a stronger will and would push himself harder so in this instance I still feel it is too close to call.

Now if Batman is still going to win, I believe he must use his "other" resources to his advantage. I believe he is an expert in field management, meaning being able to use his surroundings as an offensive or defensive weapon. I believe Batman's suit color being black is better equipped for him to "hide" in the shadows while Taskmaster is more "colorful" with a white cape and lighter colors making him more visible at night. This "suit color" difference gives Batman a slight tactical advantage during the fight to be able to give Batman a few seconds to catch a breather and collect his thoughts. The only way I can foresee Batman truly winning is if he calls in some sort of computer aid or Alfred aid to provide him a secondary offensive strategy. This could be an air-to-ground attack that destroys a part of a building causing it to crumble on Taskmaster. I think if they were fighting in Gotham, Batman would definitely have a tactical advantage as he knows those streets so well and could use his surroundings as a weapon as well as any of his well placed strategic weapons that he has around the city. This could be Batman's only real true advantage against Taskmaster but it is still a stretch and would be too close to call. Ultimately I think this fight goes on for 45-60 minutes and both participants realize they are in a stalemate. "What is in it for Taskmaster?" is what Taskmaster starts thinking. Unless he is getting seriously paid for this fight, I think he realizes it is just better to ditch the fight. Batman realizes this as well, allows Taskmaster to ditch and then goes home and starts putting together his scenario for when they fight again. The second fight Batman definitely wins as he is now prepared for the fight against Taskmaster.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Taskmaster has the edge.

Learning Batman's fighting style is not just about being able to turn it against him, it also gives Taskmaster the advantage of being able to use the hundreds of other incredible fighting styles he's learned in order to better defend against Batman.

In addition, Taskmaster does not simply learn melee combat styles. He shoots like Hawkeye. He can use a sniper rifle like Punisher. He is a crack shot with virtually every weapon imaginable; he can even throw a boomerang like Captain Boomerang.

Taskmaster is equal to Batman in the areas where Batman is strong, and Taskmaster is strong as well in all the areas where Batman is just "average".

Truth be told, there is only one way that Batman defeats Taskmaster. He opens the Wayne Foundation checkbook and hands him a pile of money to take the dive.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman win's for a pretty simple reason -- he is a better martial artist and fighter than Taskmaster, or anyone Taskmaster has been able to mimic.

Combined with Batman's increased speed, agility and strength, as well as the gadgets advantage, it's a pretty safe bet the Dark Knight takes this one.

Also, k4tzman, Thankyou for converting your DBAW segments to this format, allowing people to vote.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By MakkyD

@thebourneposter: Deadpool is insane, as far as I know Batman isn't. No longer how long you train, you instinctly use the most effective ways of eliminating someone and Tasky can predict and counter.

@sync1: Batman has the ability to adapt!? Taskmaster can predict Batman's fighting style in a short amount of time and then counter most of what he can do.

Bat-god may win but Batman has no chance.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

Okay, I don't know what Taskmaster's ''normal equipment'' is, does he ever use anything besides a sword? If not, I'm giving it to Batman, not every fight comes down to h2h, if Batman sees that Taskmaster is copying his abilities, he'll adapt and go long range with his various weaponry.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HushoftheWind

if Moon Knight can Taskmaster kick Taskmaster ass so can Batman. Like Captain America said "Nothing but a pale imitation" #UMVC3

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@muyjingo: You're welcome.

Okay, I don't know what Taskmaster's ''normal equipment'' is, does he ever use anything besides a sword? If not, I'm giving it to Batman, not every fight comes down to h2h, if Batman sees that Taskmaster is copying his abilities, he'll adapt and go long range with his various weaponry.

A shield, baton and bow/arrow (sometimes with a variety of trick arrows) all come to mind.

Avatar image for thegoddambatman
TheGoddamBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGoddamBatman

Bruce Wayne could easily figure out that Taskmaster is imitating his moves. He could then use Taskmaster's ability against him. For example, Bats could throw a batarang at TM, but he misses on purpose. TM grabs the batarang seeing as he can now imitate batman's throwing technique, at which point it could blow up in his hand or electrocute him or release knockout gas.

Batman has also much higher mobility than Taskmaster, thanks to his glider cape and grapnel gun. He could lead Taskmaster on a chase using just his agility which Taskmaster can mimic, until they are both jumping off a building or on a narrow ledge at which point Batman could reveal his gear to take advantage of Taskmaster's precarity.

Finally, Taskmaster does have a history of being cowardly when things don't go his way, and against someone whose m.o is using fear and intimadition, that's a serious disadvantage. If Taskmasters panics, you can be sure Batman will know exactly how to make the most of it.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Batman wins using stealth

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By patrat18

im pretty sure bruce has fought someone that could copy him before and still won.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 k4tzm4n  Moderator
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster can match Batman's physicality, but not his brain. Batman wins here.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Taskmaster due to feats. Yes I am aware of the feats of Batman,but I am siding with Taskmaster,like 7/10.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Taskmaster has the edge.

Learning Batman's fighting style is not just about being able to turn it against him, it also gives Taskmaster the advantage of being able to use the hundreds of other incredible fighting styles he's learned in order to better defend against Batman.

In addition, Taskmaster does not simply learn melee combat styles. He shoots like Hawkeye. He can use a sniper rifle like Punisher. He is a crack shot with virtually every weapon imaginable; he can even throw a boomerang like Captain Boomerang.

Taskmaster is equal to Batman in the areas where Batman is strong, and Taskmaster is strong as well in all the areas where Batman is just "average".

Truth be told, there is only one way that Batman defeats Taskmaster. He opens the Wayne Foundation checkbook and hands him a pile of money to take the dive.

LMAO this

http://www.comicvine.com/taskmaster/4005-4578/forums/taskmaster-respect-thread-662814/#4

It's odd too that I just discovered that page.....

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Taskmaster has the ability to copy the abilities of anyone he can see. Over the years he's copied the skills of people like Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Moon Knight and Shang Chi. However just because he knows these skills doesn't mean he has experience using them. For example if he copied Batman's batarang throw he doesn't have a batarang to use making it pointless. For the most part they have two completely different arsenals. One uses guns and swords while the other uses less lethal equipment. The fact is Batman has enough gadgets that Taskmaster using his copy move on him would be pointless. If Batman used a move against Taskmaster, Tasky could just copy it and use it again. However this doesn't really give him much of an advantage as Batman has trained several people. Including Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Robin and Damian Wayne and he has quite a few times knocked each of them on their asses. So he's defeated people he's spent years training. This means that Taskmaster learning several of Batman's moves won't be much of an advantage.

I say Batman wins!

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know who to vote here because the two are very good fighter Taskmaster is not a simpleton he doesn't use move just to use them he even used to have a school to train super villains like Spymaster II who was very dangerous against iron man he even went toe to toe with Norman's thunderbolt posing as Deadpool to a standstill he doesn't use his powers just to copy and apply he knows how and when to use them and with the move he copy so fare (If he has iron fist own just imagine) so to say i'm waiting up to Thursday before casting my vote because Bruce is a hell of a fighter too and i like him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

I'm gonna need to look up Taskmaster's feats. He's lost to people like Cap and Deadpool before and I rate those two below Batman in terms of skill. It's just a case of whether his other mimic abilities will come into play.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it comes down to it, knowledge is power, and that is something Taskmaster is ripe with. He's taken the best styles from multiple high tier street levellers. Batman is one guy, essentially fighting against a whole selection of others guys on and off. One minute it's Cap, next it's Daredevil. Next minute he's dodging Hawkeye quality arrow shots or Punisher sniper rifle shots. Taskmaster doesn't need to copy Batman to beat him. All he has to do is keep mixing it up, and at the same time, Bruce will eventually have nothing new to throw at him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Wolverine008

Finally, someone speaks some damn sense!

When it comes down to it, knowledge is power, and that is something Taskmaster is ripe with. He's taken the best styles from multiple high tier street levellers. Batman is one guy, essentially fighting against a whole selection of others guys on and off. One minute it's Cap, next it's Daredevil. Next minute he's dodging Hawkeye quality arrow shots or Punisher sniper rifle shots. Taskmaster doesn't need to copy Batman to beat him. All he has to do is keep mixing it up, and at the same time, Bruce will eventually have nothing new to throw at him.

This.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman said:

Taskmaster has the ability to copy the abilities of anyone he can see. Over the years he's copied the skills of people like Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Fist, Moon Knight and Shang Chi. However just because he knows these skills doesn't mean he has experience using them. For example if he copied Batman's batarang throw he doesn't have a batarang to use making it pointless. For the most part they have two completely different arsenals. One uses guns and swords while the other uses less lethal equipment. The fact is Batman has enough gadgets that Taskmaster using his copy move on him would be pointless. If Batman used a move against Taskmaster, Tasky could just copy it and use it again. However this doesn't really give him much of an advantage as Batman has trained several people. Including Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Robin and Damian Wayne and he has quite a few times knocked each of them on their asses. So he's defeated people he's spent years training. This means that Taskmaster learning several of Batman's moves won't be much of an advantage.

I say Batman wins!

You and everyone else who voted for Batman using that reasoning have a flawed view on this fight. Taskmaster doesn't need to use Batmans moves against him. All he has to, and will, do, is learn Batmans fighting style, while using the multitude of styles he already has, and eventually Bruce won't have anything left to throw at Taskmaster the he hasn't already learnt. A while into the fight Taskmaster will be able to read him like a book. And Batmans gadgets, again, aren't there to be utilized by Taskmaster. They'll be useless if anything. The guy has Daredevils reflexes, you really think a batarang will hit him?

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

I'm gonna need to look up Taskmaster's feats. He's lost to people like Cap and Deadpool before and I rate those two below Batman in terms of skill. It's just a case of whether his other mimic abilities will come into play.

Someone posted a good respect thread two posts above yours.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are these comments about Tasky only copying but not being a smart fighter coming from? There's a reason he's the most sought-after fight instructor for most, if not all, aspiring villains. He knows exactly when to use the right moves and can even transition between different styles within a single move to improve it. He doesn't even need to copy Bats' moves since he's probably copied them all before and more (e.g. Iron Fist who has moves from K'un-L'un and the rest of the Seven Cities of Heaven which are outside of Earth). Copying a new opponent's moves has never been a priority for him in a fight, so why do people say he's going to overanalyze things and Bats can distract him that way?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Thanks, I'll check it out now!

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

For me, it depends if Batman can take him down with stealth and gadgets before Taskmaster gets into H2H for any length of time. Taskmaster could counter Batman long enough to learn his style and overpower him if it gets to gritty H2H

Avatar image for top_flight_security
Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I say Batman takes this as he is a thinking man's fighter. Taskmaster has all the moves but I don't believe he can out wit the World's Greatest Detective. That is what would give Batman the edge in the the final outcome.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Quick question, what is Taskmaster's standard gear in this battle?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@k4tzm4n: Quick question, what is Taskmaster's standard gear in this battle?

Sword, shield, a baton, bow/arrow (with the potential for a few basic trick arrows).

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

TaskMaster knows high tier fighting styles from some of the best martial artist in the Marvel-verse. Most are class 7 in fighting prowess.

You summed it up pretty nicely.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are these comments about Tasky only copying but not being a smart fighter coming from? There's a reason he's the most sought-after fight instructor for most, if not all, aspiring villains. He knows exactly when to use the right moves and can even transition between different styles within a single move to improve it. He doesn't even need to copy Bats' moves since he's probably copied them all before and more (e.g. Iron Fist who has moves from K'un-L'un and the rest of the Seven Cities of Heaven which are outside of Earth). Copying a new opponent's moves has never been a priority for him in a fight, so why do people say he's going to overanalyze things and Bats can distract him that way?

I actually forgot about him being an instructor......

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster