Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

• What are your guys thoughts on Oliver's morals and values?

• Do think he is interesting?
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kind of. I see him as "situational." I think he doesn't believe in killing (Despite what Chase had him confessing) as a general rule, but he's dealing with situations and people that really push and challenge that belief, to the point where he sometimes feels there is no other option. I think that's human. I'm not big fan of lying, but if my wife ask me If I like her new haircut, I'll say I do, even if I don't. :)

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it, makes him so much more interesting as a character. He's still trying to do the right thing, but he's conditioned to believe that killing is the most effective solution, to the point it becomes kind of a high for him. He certainly wants to save his city, but we now know part of that is the feeling it gives him to be the ultimate facilitator of justice. He has elements of a serial killer or a psychopath in that killing people makes him feel powerful, important, or whatever else, but he uses this for good. I mean, he's probably the best (human) killer on the planet at this point, so it makes sense he indulges that talent.

I think it also signifies the importance of the people close to him more. Before he came back he seemed to enjoy skinning a man alive. Slowly during Season 1 his relationships salvage this a bit to the point he becomes much more moral. It especially shows how important Tommy was to him. He loved Tommy so much he was willing to change a fundamental part of him to become better. By that same vein it signifies the importance of Laurel to him, as her death hit him hard enough to knock him back to old habits. It makes his character development much more interesting and important, as well as giving him among the most complex motivations of lead TV characters today.

I might be in the minority here, but I hope he keeps killing. I do want him to become more optimistic like he was most of this season, but sometimes killing is the best option, and I want him to maintain this character complex for future stories. Plus seeing him gun down like 25 guys at a time in those flashbacks is just badass. It diferentiates him from almost any other comic character. Even Punisher seems to kill more out of effectiviness than because he enjoys it. Having a hero whose primary motivation is saving his city, but who also enjoys the hunt, is very interesting.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump anyone?

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it, it gives us more insight into who Oliver is.

Thesenate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like where he stands. The fact that he tries to not kill for a period of time except when necessary then reverts back to his old S1 ways is interesting and brings an added layer to the character to me.

Perses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fun to see the internal struggle while he's teetering on that line.

StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's god how he's changed over the years. When he started out, he was just a killer, then, Tommy inspired him to stop killing. And now, Prometheus made him come to terms with what was obvious; that he enjoys killing. But clearly he doesn't like that part of himself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@foxerdes: Comic Oliver will kill when necessary.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By emperorthanos-  Moderator

I don't really mind that he is willing to kill. And it makes sense with his character and back story.

I do find his hypocrisy annoying though. Like telling Dinah Drake not to kill the guy while moments ago he took down a chopper of people

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos: To be fair he has said a few times that he wants to "bear the burden" instead of letting his team become twisted like he feels, same when he didnt want Digg to torture the russian for the nuclear weapon location for example.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@gotoucanario: But he lets Diggle and Wild Dog kill people all the time. So why is Dinah different

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gotoucanario

@emperorthanos: Diggle actually mentioned they use tranqulizers rounds last episode when they couldnt get their gear because Ollie dismantled the team, tho I admit it's hasn't been too clear whether wild dog is going on killing sprees or not lol.

I'd say that's more of a plothole and inconsistency in writing but team arrow besides ollie isn't supposed to be all trigger happy murdering bad guys.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@gotoucanario: OK lol I don't want to make Wild dog seem like a serial killer. But he does use guns and shoot down the enemies the face. I haven't watched the last episode So I wasn't aware of that.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a hypocritical mess just have him kill no need for him to go back and forth.