Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Preview of the comic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Interview with Waid explaining the situation with Doctor Strange.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://news.marvel.com/comics/85613/doctor-strange-goes-cosmic-new-1/

The Eye of Agamotto is closed! Doctor Stephen Strange has lost his connection to the Earth’s arcane power, and he can’t wait to recover while nightmares press against the seams of our reality. Tony Stark offers a 21st-century solution: when astral travel fails, try astronautical travel. Enter Doctor Strange: Space-Explorer Supreme!

Different spells, allies, and enemies—new and old—await Strange beyond the stars, along with corners and secrets of the Marvel Universe, seen here for the first time! Space is endless, but time is short. After years of threats, Stephen’s bill for magic-use is coming due—who will come to collect?!

- Description of the first issue.

“I’ve been a Strange fan forever, but I’ve never been lucky enough to write an extended run featuring the good doctor. Along with editor Nick Lowe, we’ve come up with some new and very unexpected places to take Stephen Strange in the Marvel Universe—starting with the stars. When Strange’s magic suddenly exhausts itself, he’ll have to travel off-earth to recharge his batteries,” teases Waid, “Let’s hope he survives the trip.”

And Jesus Saiz shares a similar excitement for the extraordinary adventures to come: “Working on this book is an absolute delight. I’ve always enjoyed depicting bizarre characters in fantastic settings much more than portraying the real world, and in that sense this comic really delivers! I don’t like to use photographic references, as you need to do when you are drawing a particular car, weapon, or specific New York street. I prefer to draw with inspiration directly from my head, and Doctor Strange is the perfect book for that!”

The artist continues, “If I have to think about the biggest challenge while working on this book, it’d probably be giving all the different aliens and worlds a distinctive, interesting look. For inspiration, I try to have my eyes very open, because you never know where the could come from. It could be a fashion photo, an undersea creature, or a Bosch painting…everything can give you a silhouette, or a color scheme, or something to start working with. I only try to avoid actual science-fiction images because I want this book to look as fresh as possible.”

“And you know, Mark is simply fantastic,” says Saiz, “I love how, even when he writes the most crazy, outrageous, fantastic scenes, he never loses touch with the characters or the story he is telling. And he really gives you the most wonderful stuff to draw! We’re only getting started with this, and I believe we are both really trying to create a story that nobody will ever forget. We’re taking Doctor Strange from his lowest and giving him a new life, new goals. He’ll have to learn everything again to emerge a better man, a new leader. If he survives this ordeal, that is!”

Thoughts about the new status quo of Doctor Strange? What do you expect and hope to see in this new series?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems VERY random...

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another #1, damn Marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
deactivated-5b0845740eb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, but the effects of LDoM were already reversed by Loki and so magic is back. Is this something to do of what might happen during Damnation then?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s Mark Waid, so I’m in.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Odd. But could be interesting!

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect opportunity to run into Urthona again.

Wait, but the effects of LDoM were already reversed by Loki and so magic is back. Is this something to do of what might happen during Damnation then?

I think so. Part of the synopsis for Doctor Strange #390 which takes place immediately after Damnation is this:

"But the Earth’s magic is still weak — and after DAMNATION, so is Stephen."

And the synopsis for the new #1 says he lost his connection with Earth's magic.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One could only hope, it's been long enough

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1 said:
@wastelandman said:

One could only hope, it's been long enough

I always felt like he was an underutilized part of his rogues. Alien sorcery is an interesting concept to explore.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cosmic_reign

Looks good!!

Maybe Strange will meet the 5th Multiverse and perhaps use it as a source of Power/Magic!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
deactivated-5b0845740eb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Meh, I don't know if I like how they keep depowering him back and forth.

Might still be an interesting story, so I'll give a chance anyway.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope they bring in guest characters like Adam Warlock :)

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Don't we already have Adam Warlock for this kind of thing?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101:

Neither do I. Modern Marvel apparently just can't write for Strange without constantly changing his power level.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jrupert1

@andromeda101:

Neither do I. Modern Marvel apparently just can't write for Strange without constantly changing his power level.

Or personality

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda reminds me of Dragon Ball GT

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Didn't he just lost his connection with arcane power like, 10 issues ago ?? FFS if I grab a Doctor Strange comic book is to see a dude magic-ing his way out of trouble, we haven't gotten that since Aaron took over the title years ago smh.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be interesting, although having him again lose his magic after apparently regaining at least a good portion of it the last several issues feels like a conceptual retread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFS if I grab a Doctor Strange comic book is to see a dude magic-ing his way out of trouble, we haven't gotten that since Aaron took over the title years ago smh.