DOCTOR DOOM JUST CONDEMNED THE WHOLE REALITY IN DARKHOLD#1

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

June 2020 will see Doctor Doom open the pages of the Darkhold in an upcoming comic by Steve Orlando and Cian Tormey. Doctor Doom is best known as a scientific genius, but he also possesses mystical knowledge to rival Doctor Strange. The two sorcerers have crossed paths several times, but surprisingly they haven't traded spells all that many times.

Doctor Doom is becoming increasingly important in the modern Marvel Universe. He currently stars in his own ongoing series, and plays a key role in both Savage Avengers and the X-Men/Fantastic Four miniseries. These comics have perfectly displayed Doom's complexity positioning him as an uneasy ally of superheroes like Doctor Strange and Kitty Pryde rather than an outright adversary. He's currently working with Doctor Strange in order to defeat the ancient Sorcerer Supreme, Kulan Gath. But it looks as though Doctor Doom's quest for mystical knowledge is about to threaten the whole of existence itself.

Former DC 'exclusive' writer Steve Orlando is making his Marvel debut in June with Darkhold Alpha #1, which clearly kicks off the next summer event. According to Marvel.com, the entire Multiverse is in danger when Doctor Doom opens the pages of the Darkhold.

"Critically acclaimed writer Steve Orlando makes his Marvel debut with a story that will delight and terrify!" reads the description. "For hundreds of years, scholars and heroes alike have searched for the complete text of the Darkhold - a.k.a. the Book of the Damned, written by the elder god Chthon. Now one of the greatest sorcerers in the Multiverse has found it - and Chthon has found him. To save them all, the Scarlet Witch must gather the world’s greatest heroes...and unleash their inner darkness."

No Caption Provided

SOURCE: Marvel's Doctor Doom Is About To Open The Darkhold

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: I’m not sure what the darkhold is? I am a Doctor Doom fan though, I was disappointed or rather saddened when Doom killed Kang even though they are supposed to be relatives, but seeing as Kang died several times already I’m not surprised if time alteration revives Kang or something other then that.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz: When was it confirmed he was a descendant of Doom? Kang is also supposed to be a descendant of Reed

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Well in the latest Dr. Doom comic Kang and a Doom said they were related somehow but they had no idea how.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: @mbatz: It’s possible that distant descendants of both Reed and Doom ended up getting together and mixing the bloodlines, eventually leading to the birth of Kang.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice post.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This does sound pretty good but they're using Doom in a lot of stuff right now. I hope he doesn't get too watered down like Marvel was doing with Thanos for a bit.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andromeda101

@mbatz: The Darkhold is one of the most powerful mystical artifacts in the MU, created by one of the Elder Gods named Chthon. Chthon himself is a sort of Lovecraftian-like entity.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Eh, seems like Doom's gonna job some more

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WastelandMan

Looking forward to it. It makes sense for someone like Doom to seek out the Darkhold. I just hope they involve characters involved with its lore like Mordred, Wanda, and the Redeemers.

Avatar image for dcandmarvelcomicfan
DCandMarvelComicFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mbatz said:

@andromeda101: I’m not sure what the darkhold is? I am a Doctor Doom fan though, I was disappointed or rather saddened when Doom killed Kang even though they are supposed to be relatives, but seeing as Kang died several times already I’m not surprised if time alteration revives Kang or something other then that.

How did Kang die?

mbatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbatz said:

How did Kang die?

Dr. doom stabbed him in the neck after they were having a fabulous time making jokes and ridiculing villains, heroes and themselves, and placing bets on who would kill who first. It really was a downplay on Kang’s abilities and Doom was being ruthless. After they both retrieved the ultimate nullifier Kang shot Doom with a gun that makes a person lose all motivation in whatever they are doing, Kang explicity saidhe didnt want to kill doom and he saw him as an equal, doom got up and stabbed him in the neck. But keep in mind Kang already died in the comic and also slipped in and out of existence several times already, the ant lion which was a blackhole was bending reality which doom hypothesised would prevent Kang from coming back temporarily

Avatar image for dcandmarvelcomicfan
DCandMarvelComicFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mbatz: It does sound like they are downplaying Kang, he should't die from a simple stap, due to his armor, and gear.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it. It makes sense for someone like Doom to seek out the Darkhold. I just hope they involve characters involved with its lore like Mordred, Wanda, and the Redeemers.

Wanda is confirmed to be involved, at least. Not sure about Mordred and the Redeemers.

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Doom doing Doom stuff. Might give it a read

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

"DOCTOR DOOM JUST CONDEMNED THE WHOLE REALITY IN DARKHOLD#1" Just another Tuesday in the MU lol

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This looks interesting .....Wish they had included Amora my fav Mystical character hasn't been getting any love from Marvel...

Necrogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good to see Chthon and Chaos magic being explored more...After all, he is the creator of The Darkhold