Doc Green ripping Ultron´s arm, Incredible PIS.

• 136 results
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Thor-Parker

In this blog, I am going to explain why Doc Green´s feat, is PIS and shouldn´t be used as an actual feat.

No Caption Provided

Ultron, Magneto and Thanos are my favorite villains, that´s why I am defending Ultron here, I have nothing against Hulk, in fact he is one of my favorite superheroes, but I find it impossible to take seriously him ripping Ultron´s arm.

Here´s what happened in the issue :

Doc Green needed adamantium for the cure he was working for the Hulks, it was the only thing that could penetrate their sking, or something like that. The point is that he makes a time machine and goes to the end of time, where the only living thing is Kang, he enters to a chamber where Kang had his "trophies" like Cap´s shield, Iron Man armors, Mjolnir, and many other things, including a dead Ultron. Hulk walks towards him and rips his arm.

No Caption Provided

One would think, "wow that was easy, considering it´s adamantium" just that fact is inconsistent, (there´s more to it, but we´ll get to that later) considering nothing has ever broke primary Adamantium. In Ultron Unlimited all The Avengers attacked Ultron at the same time with all they had, and it didn´t even make Ultron flinch.

Based on feats, Thor´s striking power >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk´s striking power, and Thor has fought many times against Ultron, and has never been able to seriously hurt him.

(Ignore the first scan below)

No Caption Provided

Hulk has fought against Ultron as well, and has never done better than Thor, the only thing Hulk has accomplished was to make an extra tiny dent, just enough for Wasp to get inside Ultron, but in terms of damaging, making Ultron feel pain, Thor has been more succesful than Hulk, and like I mentioned Thor´s striking power >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk´s striking power.

With all I have mentioned should be enough proof that Doc Green ripping Ultron´s arm is PIS, but that´s not all I have to say, the most important part of the blog is the next one.

Remember I mentioned that Hulk went to the end of time to rip the arm, meaning that is "supposedly" the most advanced version of Ultron ever.

In Avengers Vol. 4 we see The Avengers travel to the future to warn Ultron about a problem with the timestream he and Kang were guilty of, there Ultron explains that his body is not only made of adamantium, but an alloy of Adamantium and Vibranium.

No Caption Provided

In the story arc, we see this incredible feat.

No Caption Provided

Look at the people in the scan, there´s Doctor Doom, Magneto, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Binary, Hercules, Vision and a lot more, including some giant guns. That didn´t damage Ultron at all, he was completely fine after that blast.

I showed you this because, since Hulk went into the end of time to rip Ultron´s arm, that would mean that it could be this version, or even a more advanced Ultron, so it´s hard to believe, actually impossible, that Ultron was able to tank this attack with no damage, but gets his arm ripped by a featless Hulk, and even if we take all of Hulk´s feats in his history, there´s not a single one that indicates he has superior striking power than all of the people in the scan combined, I would even argue there are people alone in the scan, that have better striking power than Hulk, like Silver Surfer, or Quasar, probably Kang as well.

Explanation of the story arc :

The story arc involves time travelling, the story is about the time stream being broken because of a fight between Kang and Ultron, the time stream broke because of the power and energy released in that battle that takes place in the future, that fight includes the scan I posted, in which you can see all the heroes and villains blasting at Ultron, which does no damage, after that, he proceeds to beat all of them off panel. Then in the present, Kang comes to warn the Avengers about how Ultron rules the universe in the future (Age of Ultron) and that a fight between him and Ultron is the cause of the time stream being damaged, knowing that, The Avengers made a time machine and went to the future just before the battle with Kang occurs, they warn Ultron that his fight with Kang broke the time stream, and with the time stream broken the whole universe would end, they tell him to lose on purpose the battle, they beg him to please make Kang think he won, that if he continues fighting there will be no world to rule, they begged him to lose on purpose, Ultron agrees. The Avengers return to their time. The next thing we see is the same panel I posted, and again, all the heroes blasting at Ultron, only this time he lost ON PURPOSE.

So, that´s why I say that Doc Green ripping Ultron´s arm is complete PIS and should never be used as a feat.

Feel free to leave your comments below :D

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

The most recent version of ultron is not made of vibranim and adamantium mix IIRC. Not sure why hulk going to the ned of time means its the most advanced version of ultron?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Not bad, you've at least justified your opinion well enough. I'll wait to see what the Hulk experts say in response to this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jashro44 said:

The most recent version of ultron is not made of vibranim and adamantium mix IIRC. Not sure why hulk going to the ned of time means its the most advanced version of ultron?

That was going to be my criticism if I would make one, there's no proof that version of Ultron is the same as the one from Bendis' Avengers story.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he ripped it from the joint.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Because we´ve seen that Ultron keeps evolving over time, he upgrades his body constantly, it would make sense that if it´s the end of time, it´s the most advanced Ultron, unless Kang defeated Ultron from another timeline and brought him to his trophy room.

@lvenger said:

Not bad, you've at least justified your opinion well enough. I'll wait to see what the Hulk experts say in response to this.

Thanks.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@jashro44 said:

That was going to be my criticism if I would make one, there's no proof that version of Ultron is the same as the one from Bendis' Avengers story.

The ultron doc green ripped apart even seems to be different around the head area than the bendis one as far as I can tell.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Because we´ve seen that Ultron keeps evolving over time, he upgrades his body constantly, it would make sense that if it´s the end of time, it´s the most advanced Ultron, unless Kang defeated Ultron from another timeline and brought him to his trophy room.

I don't see why the bold and underlined isn't possible. Regardless as I said ultron isn't that durable anymore, there isn't much to say the ultron at the end of time would have that body. And the whole point of Bendis' ultron story arc was Kang couldn't beat ultron IIRC. It wouldn't make sense for that to be the ultron from the the bendis story.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The more appropriate question is, when are we?"

Ugh. And at the end of time is...Kang's trophy room? Who's writing this?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thor-Parker

@jashro44 said:

@thor_parker82 said:

@jashro44 said:

I don't see why the bold and underlined isn't possible. Regardless as I said ultron isn't that durable anymore, there isn't much to say the ultron at the end of time would have that body. And the whole point of Bendis' ultron story arc was Kang couldn't beat ultron IIRC. It wouldn't make sense for that to be the ultron from the the bendis story.

We have seen Marvel many times ignore or "forget" continuity, probably the writer (Duggan) didn´t even remember or have not read Bendis´ storyline.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Thor-Parker

@darthmummy said:

"The more appropriate question is, when are we?"

Ugh. And at the end of time is...Kang's trophy room? Who's writing this?

Gerry Duggan.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thor_parker82: Ripping an arm apart has nothing to do with striking power. It relies on pure strenght (And / or technique).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: That still doesn't address the fact that the most recent version of ultron is not made out of the vibranium and adamantium combination. And if the writer never read Bendis story arc than that would likely prove thats not a adamantium-vibranium ultron, as the writer wouldn't even know about that version.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator

I'm pretty sure he just ripped off the joints (the parts that aren't adamantium). Acid and godspawn established that a few months ago.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@thor_parker82: That still doesn't address the fact that the most recent version of ultron is not made out of the vibranium and adamantium combination. And if the writer never read Bendis story arc than that would likely prove thats not a adamantium-vibranium ultron, as the writer wouldn't even know about that version.

My point is to prove there is no way for Hulk ripping Ultorn´s arm not to be considered PIS, whether it´s an adamantium-vibranium alloy or just adamantium, that´s why I gave the examples of Ultron´s standard body against Thor first.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

My point is to prove there is no way for Hulk ripping Ultorn´s arm not to be considered PIS, whether it´s an adamantium-vibranium alloy or just adamantium, that´s why I gave the examples of Ultron´s standard body against Thor first.

I was just commenting on the part that was about Bendis' ultron.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure he just ripped off the joints (the parts that aren't adamantium). Acid and godspawn established that a few months ago.

That could be possible, I still find it extremely hard to believe, but it could be possible, The problem is I have seen people use that feat as a "proof" that Hulk can break adamantium and would beat Ultron.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@thor_parker82 said:
@jashro44 said:

I was just commenting on the part that was about Bendis' ultron.

Ok sorry, you could be right about that part, I didn´t think of that., but still, a writer not knowing about something can´t be an excuse for ignoring continuity.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That version of Ultron probably isn't as strong as the one from Bendis's Avengers. Kang might have either:

1: Put a much weaker Ultron in his trophy room

2: Traveled back in time to defeat one of Ultron's earlier incarnations.

Not to mention there is a bit of a design difference between Bendis's Ultron and the one Hulk ripped it's arm off.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thor-Parker
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#21  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@ghostravage @theacidskull

Hulk broke/dented primary adamantium in the past. It wasn't an issue until blowhard Breevort made his statement about 'nothing ever breaking primary adamantium' rentconning old material for no reason other than liking the idea of adamantium being indestructible. Now people just throw around "no he didn't it wasn't primary" like it was always like that.

As for who's stronger Hulk or Thor, that's a debate I've been done with for awhile.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thor-Parker
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Ripping an arm apart has nothing to do with striking power. It relies on pure strenght (And / or technique).

Of course striking power plays a part, but even if it was just strength, it´s the same problem, Hulk lacks the strength feats to suggest he could rip Ultron´s arm, nothing has ever broke primary adamantium.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RealityWarper

@realitywarper said:

Of course striking power plays a part, but even if it was just strength, it´s the same problem, Hulk lacks the strength feats to suggest he could rip Ultron´s arm, nothing has ever broke primary adamantium.

1) Pulling use the muscles antogonistic at those you use to strike so it's a totally different effort.

2) If Ultron's articulations are made of Adamantium that means that they have no flexibility at all. So two options : His articulations aren't indestructible so he can move OR his articulations are indestructible and he reshape them in order to move in real time.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And nobody noticed the absurdity of time travelling to get a lump Adamantium? I mean' surely its not THAT hard to find?

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

It isn't PIS. Maybe Ultron wasn't adamantium in that moment.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@realitywarper said:

1) Pulling use the muscles antogonistic at those you use to strike so it's a totally different effort.

2) If Ultron's articulations are made of Adamantium that means that they have no flexibility at all. So two options : His articulations aren't indestructible so he can move OR his articulations are indestructible and he reshape them in order to move in real time.

It´s the same problem, Hulk lacks the strength feats to suggest he could rip Ultron´s arm, nothing has ever broke primary adamantium.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk broke/dented primary adamantium in the past. It wasn't an issue until blowhard Breevort made his statement about 'nothing ever breaking primary adamantium' rentconning old material for no reason other than liking the idea of adamantium being indestructible. Now people just throw around "no he didn't it wasn't primary" like it was always like that.

As for who's stronger Hulk or Thor, that's a debate I've been done with for awhile.

The fact is, that Hulk hasn´t broke primary adamantium, it was secondary.

I never said Thor was stronger, I said Thor has better striking power, which I can back up with feats.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Which means Hulk didn´t break primary adamantium.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see you.

As for who is stronger, Hulk or Thor? Hulk is. Thor just has better tech for striking.

As for the thread itself, I'd say that Ultron is either not made of Adamantium, it's secondary Adamantium or whatever beat that Ultron affected him on a molecular level and allowed Hulk to pull him apart.

Or it could just be that his joints are not Adamantium. *Shrugs*

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jashro44

@thor_parker82 said:

@granitesoldier said:

The fact is, that Hulk hasn´t broke primary adamantium, it was secondary.

I never said Thor was stronger, I said Thor has better striking power, which I can back up with feats.

It was primary adamantium, marvel just automatically retconned all primary adamantium breaking feats.

If your talking about the statue of hulk that was recently just confirmed to be primary recently in death of wolverine:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Interesting "POP" noise. Suggests more of a release mechanism, maybe?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: There´s not a mention that it is primary adamantium in the scan you posted.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: And Ghost, Acid, or myself could give you equally impressive striking feats for Hulk.

Powersets have a lot of dictation on how writers write battles. The fact that Thor can fly means they can add in super dramatic strikes etc and it doesn't break up the flow of the fight.

How exciting would it be if every Hulk fight was Hulk Shoryuken-ing his foe into orbit and that was it? So plot has as many restrictions on heroes as it does villains.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I know you'll always back Thor because you've made several of the Hulk and Thor type threads (even though this one is supposedly about adamantium) and never even consider the alternative. That's your right, I'm fine with that. But there's as much to suggest base Hulk is a better striker than Thor, and I won't touch Worldbreaker or Maestro, or any other more powerful incarnation.

And blowhard Breevort is the only reason any of this silliness exists.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: There is, he's talking about Primary Adamantium items like Cyber's body, Shatterstar's swords i presume and the Statue of Hulk as well... Of course it does refers to primary adamantium.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: There´s not a mention that it is primary adamantium in the scan you posted.

I don't see why someone would pay money for something as common as secondary adamantium. Not to mention that was the whole point of the issue.

IAmTheLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is the strongest one there is. You know that Thor_fan82

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is a God,not some made man freak...Its a reason he has a God-Blast and there's no Hulk-Blast..

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that there's no real way to tell what version of Ultron had its arm ripped off in the first place. Which then makes working out what it was actually made from impossible.

If you look at the bottom-left of the trophy room scan in the OP you see 3 1/2 different versions of Captain America's shield. Which then implies Kang has been gathering his trophies from multiple time-lines.

That's my 2c though, cool post though.

BTW where is the scan from where Ultron describes his composition to Wolverine from?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@kingares109 said:

Thor is a God,not some made man freak...Its a reason he has a God-Blast and there's no Hulk-Blast..

Ikr? The people that argue that Hulk is some unstoppable "infinite strength" character have no perspective. Let's see who the "strongest one there is" is when Hulk takes a shot from Mjolnir to the nose. I see no reason why that wouldn't end the fight and turn his ass back into Banner. It's easy to get angry and break some stuff, but not so easy to come back from getting hit by Thor. Hulk is humanoid after all, and we're talking about a blow from the god of thunder. Seriously people. Probably doesn't even need the hammer. Dude fights monsters on his spare time, and has for centuries. It's kind of his thing. God > mortal in the butt-kicking department.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: I have no problem with Hulk..I have a problem with a human made monster being able to pass a God in strength. Why Marvel aloud that is beyond me..But you had a good response..Nice

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: It's a real shame. So all the feats Hulk and Thor effortlessly ripped apart Adamantium are retconned ?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By slimj87d

I think the scan where he talks to Wolverine proves it's bot PIS. ultron is aware there is a weakness in his armor.

It could be that doc green didn't Rio the adamantium itself but rather loosened a ball joint.

Moat metals are ductile meaning they are a bit elastic, can stretch and return to form.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82: And Ghost, Acid, or myself could give you equally impressive striking feats for Hulk.

Powersets have a lot of dictation on how writers write battles. The fact that Thor can fly means they can add in super dramatic strikes etc and it doesn't break up the flow of the fight.

How exciting would it be if every Hulk fight was Hulk Shoryuken-ing his foe into orbit and that was it? So plot has as many restrictions on heroes as it does villains.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I know you'll always back Thor because you've made several of the Hulk and Thor type threads (even though this one is supposedly about adamantium) and never even consider the alternative. That's your right, I'm fine with that. But there's as much to suggest base Hulk is a better striker than Thor, and I won't touch Worldbreaker or Maestro, or any other more powerful incarnation.

And blowhard Breevort is the only reason any of this silliness exists.

EQUALLY impressive ? I doubt it.

True.

True.

I have only made one Thor vs Hulk blog, which was about the MCU battle, and it´s a massive lie that I always back up Thor, I have argued against him several times, mainly against Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman (sometimes), Silver Surfer, Ultron, World Breaker Hulk and many others. There isn´t really much to suggest Hulk has better striking power.

Thank you Breevort.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#47 SC  Moderator

Uh I like effort in posts and everything, as anyone who knows my stupid long posts, that being said are you sure Hulk actually ripped pure adamantium? As opposed to say ripped off an arm of Ultron that has adamantium plating, or was made of adamantium primarily but had weaker joints? That would be a huge difference. A few weeks ago Thor also ripped apart a safe room door that was made - I can't remember exactly but adamantium and vibranium were mentioned, some users interpreted this as this incredible strength feat because she had ripped adamantium and vibranium, but the way I read it was that it was more probable that specifically the doors had adamantium plating and vibranium cores, and see well walls let alone reenforced aren't necessarily just three dimensional consistent blocks of substance with uniformity throughout. So Thor's act of ripping the door open was impressive but ambiguously impressive, because we don't know the degree of the adamantium plating, its thickness, consistency, how it interacts with a vibranium core and how thats beneficial? Alternatively someone could interpret the feat as even crazier and ridiculous than this Hulk feat and so potentially even more "PIS" in which another blog will be needed…

Ultimately its fiction. If Marvel wanted they could decided tomorrow that Storm could bend adamantium with her breath. It and her aren't real, can criticize them for breaking your suspension of disbelief but they don't have to conform to your, my or anyone else's expectations or preferences.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is the strongest one there is. You know that Thor_fan82

Your comment proves how ignorant you are.

@thor_parker82: There is, he's talking about Primary Adamantium items like Cyber's body, Shatterstar's swords i presume and the Statue of Hulk as well... Of course it does refers to primary adamantium.

@jashro44 said:

@thor_parker82 said:

I don't see why someone would pay money for something as common as secondary adamantium. Not to mention that was the whole point of the issue.

Either Charles Soule forgot/ignored that it was retconned, or the statue they are talking about is a different one than the one Hulk broke.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Wasn't talking about blogs but in general. And you're thanking Breevort for what, taking away something Hulk has accomplished that Thor never has? Why change Marvel history for a personal opinion and nothing else? Seems the writers don't even take Breevort seriously. If he came out tomorrow and said all of Thor's powers have ALWAYS been tied to Mjolnir and without it he's powerless, would you be fine with that? No, because it's a change that has no purpose and goes against established history. Fake history, but history.

And yes, equal. I'm sure either @theacidskull or @ghostravage could supply plenty as they are the best Hulk experts on the site and I have an early day tomorrow.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Yeah, the joints probably are not made of adamantium, and if that feat was somehow legit, that´s the only logical explanation, but the main reason I wrote this blog, is because I have seen many people use this feat to say that Hulk can break adamantium and would beat Ultron.