Do You Want MCU Captain Marvel To Be OP/Broken AF?

• 64 results
Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do You Want MCU Captain Marvel To Be OP/Broken AF? (85 votes)

yes, I hope she's one of the most OP broken live-action comic characters we've seen yet 19%
I hope she's powerful but not too broken 36%
no, because I don't like OP characters like that 21%
no because I don't want her to be more powerful than MCU Thor 24%

I hope she is. MCU needs it's DCEU Superman equivalent; Slowdinson just ain't cutting it

• 
GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccthor said:

I want she stronger and faster than DCEU Superman.

Then Superman fanboys can stop that blitz bull shit.

Nah, Marvel has a thing for making their characters pathetically slow. I can't see her blitzing people tbh

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtrabs: Fights often being the climax is pretty much the thing in every characters story. I dont' know why people give specifically Superman shit for everyone does. Batman fights a lot,Diana fights alot. So on and so forth. However it's not how every arc ends. It's just a lie to act like it does. What kind of point is that? The Villain takes the Lost most of the time in ANY story. Protagonist wins 99.9% of the time.

What? Nerf for his benefit? They are consistently nerfed/if not made stupid for Batman to have purpose.Wonder Woman & Flash all have high end feats...anywho.

Going off Rebirth. He had an Arc where he had to overcome Parrallax,Wasn't about fighting it was a mental thing. He had an Arc when it boiled down to talking his son down from Manchester Black's control. Beating Mr.Mxzwhatever his name is with the power of love(corny/but whatever dudes a reality warper). He was powerless fought off 2super powered bountry hunters that were trying to kill Luthor. He also ended convincing them he wouldn't let Luhor destroy earth. Then I dropped it when Bendis started writting.

So,no. It's not just brute force. I don't know what you've been reading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown: Different opinions. Either way this isn't why is X uninteresting thread so I've nothing to say.

Pretty sure I read comics where Supes ends up punching his opponents away, most of time. All the drama but only to strength the way out, isn't up to my taste.

Avatar image for immoralimmortal
immoralimmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtrabs: You've never read a Superman comic in your life. stop lying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtrabs: What? I just named arcs from the current run and you're just going to ignore it? You can't use one comic you read to act like that happens all the time. As I said before fights being a climax of some stories isn't' uncommon. Please name your preference CB heroes and I guarantee you they have a bunch of arcs that ended in fights. It doesn't matter how strong they are.

He says you're lying because Superman's character point isn't his powers, and the "he just punches stuff"/He's OP" comes from someone blindly repeating it. Then you try to fault Superman for something that's present in..nearly all action/hero/anime oriented media. Not to mention the undermining you did of the other JL members.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

I want her to be in a good film.

I’m sorry but I’m all for women’s rights and all that but you’re going about it the wrong way if you think that pulling a Michael Bay and having style over substance is what will empower women.

Wonder Woman? That was a well written, well directed, charmingly acted love story with awesome action.

You’re not on the right path if you think Carol planet busting, walking away and saying ‘Peace’ is a women’s revolution.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though to be honest, if she ever gets feats that are comparable, or just outright better to CW supergirl/superman/etc - it would be hilarious to see Taer Al-Asfar and his alts lose his mind :)

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me wants to see CV burn lol. But I hope shes powerful but not broken.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By The_Justiciar

Honestly, I just want to see TonyMartial using her in debates against comic high tiers.

Imagine...

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP comic vine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown: I didn't picked up current run, or much in general. I tried to get into him but i never could find a good landing spot. Most of spots i tried were which i saw being used on debates, where Superman performed "mention feat X here". Maybe he isn't written like that nowadays, but he surely was like that in those i picked a tried getting into. Either way, i'm enjoying Henry Cavill and have enjoyed animated Superman to the fullest, so it isn't something that i regret.

I hella enjoyed the JL show, N52 movies and Henry's portrayal + Reeves portrayal. So even if i didn't liked his comics/couldn't like, it isn't any problem.

And so, i never lied. Never said i've read dozens of his comic runs or something else.

Sovngarde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want her being more powerful than Tony but not more than Thor.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No because she wasn’t in the comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xtrabs: Rebirth is literally the perfect starting point for any character. It was a soft reboot.

I'm really curios to when you're talking about. Superman hasn't been "OP" since like the 1950's/60's. I don't know about you, but I personally wasn't around,let alone thought off then. So when people act like he's OP from the 90's onward. yea.. people are going to be quick to call you on BS.

The entire point of Battle threads is to name high end feats and debate. You cannot base a characters story writing quality on context-less feats spamming over 60+ years of Comics. That doesn't make sense dude. Flash has an "atto-second" feat. It wouldn't make sense to say "flash just blitzes everyone to end his conflicts"...because that isn't true.

-__- There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't read Superman/or whomever comics,I watch stuff" Which is what it sounds like your preference is. Most of the people here these days are movie, show & animated movies fans anyway. You don't have to....act like you read a bunch.