Do you want Amber Heard to reprise as Mera in Aquaman 2?

• 71 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you want Amber Heard to reprise as Mera in Aquaman 2? (67 votes)

Yes 37%
No 63%

If it's the latter, you can sign this petition here: https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertainment-remove-amber-heard-from-aquaman-2

I will still see the movie if she's in it, even though I'll be tremendously disappointed that women can abuse men without career repercussions.

• 
geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I loved Amber Heard as Mera, and Mera is one of my favourite characters.

I'm okay with them recasting her, but I would be upset if they just cut out her character.

Amber Heard should have repercussions for her actions though.

So yes, but also no.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Amber is garbage, she deserves the worst for what she did to Depp.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah she needs to go. Her antics with Depp is going to be a lightning rod on the press tours. Plus the audio admission is pretty damning against her, at least as far as the court of public opinion goes. There is over a million signatures on a petition asking for her removal from Aquaman 2. She can't even turn her Instagram comments on without getting bombarded with hate. People legit see her as a real life villain right now. That much negativity against one person isn't worth the risk and reputation of an entire franchise. I say cut losses and recast her.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

No. But not because of her whole controversy, I'm afraid others might boycott the movie because of it. And I just want Aquaman to succeed

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rajjarsalt  Online

WB screwed around with the JL cast and now this? The hypocrites are neck deep in selective SJW pandering rn. Master class. And they don't have the IQ to save themselves either, just look at what they did to Depp.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ReaperTheGrim

I'm unsure, I like her as Mera an I don't agree with people getting fired over accusations. But on the other hand l she's a total piece e of shit.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was good in the role, don't care much about her personal life.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her personal life doesn't matter to me. A good mechanic is still good at their craft regardless of their activities at home.

Isn't Ezra Miller still The Flash? He has actual leaked footage of "chokeslamming" someone in public. If he can manage to keep his role after a live leak like that, and him finding a massive audience want for a recast before and after these events... than AH will likely find herself keeping the role.

I enjoyed AH as Mera, I just don't want the Aquaman movie to suffer due to this.

I personally don't care about her whole drama thing. I'd rather keep her in the role if the alternatives are either of removing Mera entirely or a bad recast. I would be fine if she was replaced, so long as it remains faithful with an actress who can continue to do Mera right.

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It’s unfair that she gets to keep her roles while Depp continues to stay blacklisted from his.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was incredibly hot as Mera. That's al I care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb4bf3493247
deactivated-5fb4bf3493247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It’s unfair that she gets to keep her roles while Depp continues to stay blacklisted from his.

Thanos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should bring her back

Only to kill her character 5 minutes in.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already signed

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elizabeth Olsen as Mera?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard will obviously have career repercussions. While there's no way WB is gonna risk firing her, they will most likely write her off in Aquaman 2.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rhubarb: Not too good to be replaced.

By that logic we may as well replace every average to good actor after their first movie.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Normally I don’t think the things someone does in their personal life should detract what they’ve done from their professional life to an extent. Clearly, she’s a bitch and a horrible human being for what she did to Depp. Is that going to make me like her less as Mera? No. I liked her as Mera. Would I like to see her still be Mera? Yes. She was one of my favorite things about the movie. Should she have the role? Yes. Again, she did well in that role given the movie wasn’t great, but def fun. Does she deserve that paycheck and role? No.

And if Depp is getting blacklisted, she needs to be as well.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Besides I'd rather have Alexandra Breckenridge or Amanda Righetti for the role in the first place.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

They don't care for any petitions. She confirmed she will stay in the role. I think the only thing that's unfair is Depp paying for this while she remains unaffected. He lost his part in Fantastic Beasts over this. But this doesn't have to do with Heard's own career.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I loved her on Aquaman, but Amber Heard needs to have repercussions for her actions, especially now that Depp was fired even though he's been said by multiple sources to be the actual victim.

Also, a little out of topic, Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor, but I think that out of respect for Depp, actors shouldn't accept the role of Grindelwald to show support.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Hope her career goes down the toilet now, as well.

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. People have been cut from movies and television for petty things. She’s literally allowed to continue acting while Johnny Depp isnt.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I actually don't think she was anything spectacular. She could be replaced and I wouldn't mind. I suggest Evan Rachel Wood.

No Caption Provided

StealthGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her personal life doesn't matter to me. A good mechanic is still good at their craft regardless of their activities at home.

Isn't Ezra Miller still The Flash? He has actual leaked footage of "chokeslamming" someone in public. If he can manage to keep his role after a live leak like that, and him finding a massive audience want for a recast before and after these events... than AH will likely find herself keeping the role.

I enjoyed AH as Mera, I just don't want the Aquaman movie to suffer due to this.

I personally don't care about her whole drama thing. I'd rather keep her in the role if the alternatives are either of removing Mera entirely or a bad recast. I would be fine if she was replaced, so long as it remains faithful with an actress who can continue to do Mera right.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb24b3d3879d
deactivated-5fb24b3d3879d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

@ghostodoofus2: consider yourself banned.

Jk. But I love her in Westworld

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. People have been cut from movies and television for petty things. She’s literally allowed to continue acting while Johnny Depp isn't.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She needs to be recasted the movie will get boycotted if she isn't. I mean Fantastic Beasts is getting insane hate for cutting Depp out.

Also this is my vote for the recast

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated said:

She needs to be recasted the movie will get boycotted if she isn't. I mean Fantastic Beasts is getting insane hate for cutting Depp out.

Also this is my vote for the recast

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, fuck her and not in a pleasant way.

Darth_Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She literally admitted to abusing Depp but somehow is still allowed to keep her role. Now imagine if a man admitted to abusing a woman... Goes to show you how much men are treated worse than women in society and the double standards.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Johnny Depp is no victim. Get over it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: Of all the people you chose to simp over why Amber Heard?

Darth_Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Darth_Nihilus

@kingyang said:

Yes. Johnny Depp is no victim. Get over it.

Whether Depp is innocent or not is irrelevant to the fact that Amber admitted to abusing him. She is an abuser and even her ex's relationships admitted as such while Depp's to the contrary. So even if you were to say that Depp is not innocent, then Amber isn't innocent either and should be held accountable just like Depp, assuming he is even guilty...

SirKaboom13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? I hated Aquaman. It felt too much like a D.C. Black Panther. Why? Both main characters are kings over a kingdom secluded from the outside world, both have enemies that are related to them, both of them share the same weapon as the villain, both have energy based side villains, etc.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated: I don't care. These type of relationships happen everywhere and no one gets fired from Walmart or the post office over it. Johnny Depp is not James Caan in Misery. He's a millionaire who is physically stronger than his wife and who is not dependent on her whatsoever and he could have left anytime he wanted. Stay out of people's homes. I guarantee the majority of y'all watch Mel Gibson movies but Amber Heard needs to be stopped. Who gives a shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: So him being stronger than her means she can't abuse him? 🤔.

Also who the hell cares about Mel Gibson, litteraly the last person on my mind untill you brought him up.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated: She ain't Ike and he ain't Tina is my point. I guarantee there will be Santa vs Cap on the vine and no one will be hyperbolic about Mel like they are about Amber Heard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: She litteraly admited to abusing him and she's done things like cut his finger tip off and shit in his bed. She deserves a lot worse than getting canned.

Darth_Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang said:

@decaffeinated: She ain't Ike and he ain't Tina is my point. I guarantee there will be Santa vs Cap on the vine and no one will be hyperbolic about Mel like they are about Amber Heard.

I think its hilarious how you completely ignored the fact that she admitted to abusing him. I guess it doesn't matter to you if a woman abuses a man and only men should be held accountable to abuse... If you are gonna simp at least simp someone who isn't the garbage that Amber is.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaledibr: U don't know what simp means,stop using the word. And you pretending it wasn't mutual is equally hilarious. And I don't think either should lose a job over this shit. If Depp keeps going to court and losing he will dig his own grave.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simp: a man who foolishly overvalues a woman.

I say it fits.