Do you think Xena was a complete hypocrite towards Najara?

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Do you think Xena was a complete hypocrite towards Najara? (1 votes)

Yes 100%
No 0%

Najara is considered the Joan of Arc figure in Xena warrior Princess. She and her merry men fight evil and stop thieves, murderers, rapist and slave traders from killing and imprisoning people.

No Caption Provided

When it comes to skill, she was stronger than Xena and defeated her in a fair 1 v 1 fight. It should be noted that Xena only defeated her in the rematch by making her unfocused during their fight via putting Gabriel in danger.

No Caption Provided

What caused Najara and Xena to clash is that she would round up any surviving prisoners from battles she engaged in and gave them 3 days to reform their evil ways. If she found they were not sincere or that they were unwilling and would continue doing harm to people in the future, she would execute them. This caused Xena to consider her way of doing things wrong and the two clash. Keep in mind, Xena actively kill evil doers in battle without judge, jury or executioner but seems to have a problem with this woman's method of executing prisoners of war.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

After escaping prison and being seen in a follow up episode, she is shown to give up using the sword and is living a peaceful life projecting the love of Eli. Xena stumbles upon her when she is getting kicked in the chest by a warlord that was going to rape and sell a bunch of women. The women claim she was defending her and even though she was capable of killing every man there, opted to never lift a finger and took a beating.

No Caption Provided

Xena upon seeing her decides that she should go back to prison even though she is badly beaten up. Keep in mind, Xena has killed thousands of innocent men and women and implicated in death and murder of children but she never once did prison time for her actions. Yet, she wants this woman to rot in jail for essentially killing "bad people".

No Caption Provided

• 
HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HarryNorine

No Xena fans? If one is interested she appeared in the season 4 episode the crusader.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Penguin-Dust

I am a Xena fan, but I confess I haven’t watched the show since the 90’s/2001. I vaguely remember the episode you described, but not enough to comment on it.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

Actually Xena did some time in prison, in the same season, a couple of episodes before Najara make an appearance. For the supposed death of Thalassa, a young girl. She was released by the end of the episode but still.

Anyway, I wouldn't say she was being hypocritical. She had genuinely changed and only now kills people during battle and even then not always. Najara on the other hand, pretty much executed her captives for not converting to her beliefs even if their crimes weren't death penalty worthy.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit, when I watched Hercules and Xena, I pretty much had to shut my brain off for the hour and cringe when trying to rewatch.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched Xena in years but I do know one thing. Lucy Lawless can still get it.