Do you think Wanda should have been punished for what she did to thousands of town people for months?

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TobeyMaguire84
She tortured them to the point they wanted to die and yet!
She tortured them to the point they wanted to die and yet!
Seriously?
Seriously?

Did Monica let her off easy bcoz She was a female?

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ya they definitely let her off easy. i dont know if its because she is female though. They make her seems like the victim kinda.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, the hex wasn’t even up for weeks let alone months

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KillianDuclark

@webinyoureye11: the trauma it would have caused, would last for that long.

OT: She should but marvel aren't going to do that

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BOC

Tobey's too goated

But I have seen others make this complaint, so I'll drop my thoughts:

The show never portrays Wanda in a heroic light. That's kinda the opposite of the point. And it's even emphasized in this scene, with Wanda's response: "It wouldn't change how they see me." Her pain will never be an excuse for her actions. Perhaps Monica was a bit too empathetic, but she didn't experience what the civilians did. Which makes Wanda's response more accurate. In terms of legal action, no one at the scene could have done anything to her. Which is why they didn't try. I do hope it's acknowledged in future projects, but that's not a fault on WandaVision, as it definitely leaves that opportunity open. It's not like the MCU hasn't already done it in the past... with Wanda.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda ran away and went into hiding... No one is pretending what she did wasn't wrong.

helpm3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really can’t do shit to her anyway so best course of action is to not piss her off.

Baalhaddad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baalhaddad

Who even cares about them anyways? They're basically plot characters, if the MCU wants to go thay route as a mini punishment/guilt arc they will but those town people are basically dispossable

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc:

“but she didn't experience what the civilians did.”

I mean, she still did, only difference I’d say is like you said, her being more empathetic, which I have no doubt is related to both just recently learning her mother died, and also knowing Wanda’s story

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Wanda ran away and went into hiding... No one is pretending what she did wasn't wrong.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cocacolaman  Moderator

Monica was probably the worst character besides Hayward tbh. Never really saw what she was supposed to mean throughout the thing. Seriously, she went from “Stop it, Wanda!” to that? smh

Wanda couldn’t be punished by anyone on the planet except maybe Strange.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monica was probably the worst character besides Hayward tbh. Never really saw what she was supposed to mean throughout the thing. Seriously, she went from “Stop it, Wanda!” to that? smh

Pretty sure he couldn't either. Not only was it stated by Marvel that she was the most powerful in the MCU, but it was even stated in the show that she was more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme.

Anyway, she should be punished for sure..

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: yea I never got why monica was trying help wanda so much, and acting like wanda's actions were excused by her losses.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: being more powerful doesn't mean he can't beat her. He has much more knowledge on magic. He even beat dormamu by outsmarting him. He could probably take out wanda if that's what needs to be done.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: being more powerful doesn't mean he can't beat her. He has much more knowledge on magic. He even beat dormamu by outsmarting him. He could probably take out wanda if that's what needs to be done.

I agree to some extent, but you have to also remember that there is nothing that he can actually do to stop her, without possibly BFR her. I wouldn't be surprised if that wouldn't work on her. Also, she could just trap him so he cant use magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-60457c28cf18c
deactivated-60457c28cf18c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's been a fugitive since the end of Civil War, nothing since then has changed anything. But there's no prison that can hold her, there's nobody that can stop her. There's nothing anyone can do.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Applekidthethird

@byondeon: we don't know the number of abilities strange has. We're speculating and there's no solid evidence to show who would win in a fight. I think we should just wait for them to fight, if they ever do.

But at wanda's current skill level, I'm positive strange could easily out-skill her and take here out.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: we don't know the number of abilities strange has. We're speculating and there's no solid evidence to show who would win in a fight. I think we should just wait for them to fight, if they ever do.

But at wanda's current skill level, I'm positive strange could easily out-skill her and take here out.

So far, Strange lacks the feats to beat her. It's possible we get to see something that would put him actually above Wanda, but we will have to wait and see. For now, he hasn't shown anything that would make him able to take on Wanda.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: when you're dealing with a character that uses his power for hax it's not really always about more fire power. He has more skill and that skill should be able to get him the win. We already saw how casting simple runes take away wanda's powers completely. Strange could do much more than that. Even at the end of wandavision, wanda only beat agatha by out-smarting her and casting runes behind her. That proves that in magic brains>brauns.

Naruto_buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Wanda accepts her crimes and goes to court in a She-Hulk episode.

Deep_Silver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What she did was horrible, and the show definitely explored that. Those people are not just going to forgive her and she knows that. Like Agatha said, she was not a hero during this story. I think this will be explored further.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By blackspidey2099

I thought it was handled terribly, and Monica basically giving Wanda a free pass for her actions was dumb as hell. Then again, it would be dumb to expect more mature storytelling from the MCU, so I wasn't surprised either.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: when you're dealing with a character that uses his power for hax it's not really always about more fire power. He has more skill and that skill should be able to get him the win. We already saw how casting simple runes take away Wanda's powers completely. Strange could do much more than that. Even at the end of wandavision, wanda only beat agatha by out-smarting her and casting runes behind her. That proves that in magic brains>brauns.

Wanda have the skill to deal with him though. She outsmarted Agatha. Agatha's more skilled than Strange.

Wanda isn't going to get outmagicked by Strange.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Limitless82

Yep I second that. her "sacrifice" comment of portraying the perpetrator Wanda as a heroic victim is off-putting, and earlier, when Hayward stated Wanda took whole town hostage, Monica tried to defend Wanda by saying something along the line of "but she could have took more/done worse but didn't" (can't remember her exact quote) was such a retard excuse, especially coming from her, an agent of Law-reinforcement and a potential new avenger.

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@applekidthethird said:

@byondeon: when you're dealing with a character that uses his power for hax it's not really always about more fire power. He has more skill and that skill should be able to get him the win. We already saw how casting simple runes take away Wanda's powers completely. Strange could do much more than that. Even at the end of wandavision, wanda only beat agatha by out-smarting her and casting runes behind her. That proves that in magic brains>brauns.

Wanda have the skill to deal with him though. She outsmarted Agatha. Agatha's more skilled than Strange.

Wanda isn't going to get outmagicked by Strange.

Agreed. Strange hasn't shown anything that shows he can contend with Wanda yet, to be honest. He couldn't even sense the chaos magic.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What she did was definitely wrong, but I think she realized her mistakes and punished herself for it by sacrificing her family (again) and putting herself in seclusion.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BOC

@mike_fowler said:

@boc:

“but she didn't experience what the civilians did.”

I mean, she still did, only difference I’d say is like you said, her being more empathetic, which I have no doubt is related to both just recently learning her mother died, and also knowing Wanda’s story

Tbf, Monica only experienced the pain aspect. And for a shorter time. She didn't have a family waiting on her like the others.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: how is agatha more skilled than strange? The guy turned a black hole into butterflies. He contended with thanos with 4 infinity gems. Strange should be able to outsmart her.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: how is agatha more skilled than strange? The guy turned a black hole into butterflies. He contended with thanos with 4 infinity gems. Strange should be able to outsmart her.

Did you see the WandaVision show?

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I did. None of her feats were on the same level as TURNING A BLACK HOLE INTO BUTTERFLIES.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not like they have any way of stopping her anyhow

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@cocacolaman said:

Pretty sure he couldn't either. Not only was it stated by Marvel that she was the most powerful in the MCU, but it was even stated in the show that she was more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme.

A statement from a character, that's not confirmation. It was said from The Ancient One that Strange is meant to be the best, so there's a conflicting statement. Besides, he's not even Sorcerer Supreme yet. Is Agatha referring to TAO? Because for one even her acolytes didn't even know how powerful she was and yet she says Strange has potential beyond her.

But yes, it is true he doesn't have the list of feats yet. But he has far more limited exposure, and people tend to underrate his potential to deal with character like her. Anyway this sort of thing is supposedly going to be covered in some way in Doctor Strange 2.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides the obvious continuous bait threads...

Yeah they let her off easy. What are they gonna do? Arrest her? Good luck lmao.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1 said:
@byondeon said:
@cocacolaman said:

A statement from a character, that's not confirmation. It was said from The Ancient One that Strange is meant to be the best, so there's a conflicting statement. Besides, he's not even Sorcerer Supreme yet. Is Agatha referring to TAO? Because for one even her acolytes didn't even know how powerful she was and yet she says Strange has potential beyond her.

But yes, it is true he doesn't have the list of feats yet. But he has far more limited exposure, and people tend to underrate his potential to deal with character like her. Anyway this sort of thing is supposedly going to be covered in some way in Doctor Strange 2.

Considering that Marvel came out and said she was the most powerful, you kinda have to take that into consideration. Not to mention that she has shown to be more powerful than him.

Yes, she was SS. But she was more powerful than him, but not more powerful than Wanda, form what we have seen from her.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No. Who tf cares about those fodder towns characters lmao