• 117 results
Posted by Saberscar223 (1511 posts) 1 month, 29 days ago

Poll: Do you think Thor Ragnarok is more hyped than Justice league? (148 votes)

Yes 58%
No 32%
Results 10%

Both Thor Ragnarok Trailers completely demolished both Justice league trailers in terms of views AND like/dislike ratio. I know some will say this stuff doesn't matter but if people are or aren't watching the trailers that can show how interested people are in the movie.

#1 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

I know im more hyped for Ragnarok.

#2 Posted by Slayz (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is way more hyped than JL for the general audience.

#3 Posted by Agent9149 (3622 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to choose between Thor and Justice league. I'm choosing Thor.

#4 Posted by Chris-Sama (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more hyped for Thor, mainly cuz cate and goldblum

#5 Posted by SuperEntity (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep

#6 Posted by Spambot (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put Thor hype at 9/10 for general cbm fans and JL at about 8/10.

#7 Posted by BullPR (4276 posts) - - Show Bio

Before both trailers came out no.

Now, I would say probably.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (8355 posts) - - Show Bio

It is but that does put pressure on the movie to deliver. It still holds the record for the most watched trailer within 24 hours. So yeah this film has a lot of hype. Hope it delivers, Thor deserves to make his mark outside Avengers.

#9 Posted by Outside_85 (18088 posts) - - Show Bio

It is because people are easily distracted by bright colors and catchy music.

#10 Edited by The Stegman (38560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the MCU is more hyped than JL, so Thor is as well.

#11 Posted by DonWayneII (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: nah "It" broke that with its first trailer. and i would bet any money JL outgrosses it by a fair margin.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#12 Edited by ITouchedTheBoat (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

I have more confidence in Thor being a better movie. I think it's because people have a better connection to Thor than they do with the entire Justice League, we've been seeing Thor since like 2011. Even the earliest Movie character from DCEU is 4 years old and he's not even being advertised in the movie for obvious reasons. The biggest catch for JL is WW and Batman and we've only known them for barely a year.

#13 Posted by Superhero24 (3195 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes for now. People for the most part have liked MCU more just by looking at IMDB. Hulk vs Thor is also a huge battle. I would still be a,little surprised if Thor outgrossed JL.

#14 Edited by Spambot (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii said:

@ready_4_madness: nah "It" broke that with its first trailer. and i would bet any money JL outgrosses it by a fair margin.

I'd prob bet on JL outgrossing Ragarok but won't actually be surprised much at all if Ragnarok takes in more.

#15 Edited by Gotoucanario (2277 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Asgaard (3592 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (8355 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii: that still means it has more hype than JL.

To everyone else, don't be surprised if Thor does outgross JL because of the simple fact that Marvel is a bigger brand than DC, and this movie's marketing is clicking with the audience so well. If it's quality is a 7/10 it can cross one billion.

#18 Posted by DonWayneII (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: if you're just counting youtube, every where else JL trailer has more. either way trailer views don't mean much

#19 Edited by Gotoucanario (2277 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard: That's exactly what I mean! SW The Force Awakens made 2 billons and had 112 mill trailer views on first 24 hours, Shades had 114 mill views on the same time frame and made less than 400 mill total gross. The Beauty and the Beast had 127 mill views on 1st 24h and it made 1.2 billons.

"It" teaser got a ridiculous 197 mill and it isn't likely to make anywhere near as much as Thor or JL. Views doesn't perfectly equal interest, there is absolutely no argument to say that Beauty and the Beast, much less Shades Darker were more hyped than Force Awakens yet the raw view counts would say otherwise if that's the only thing you look at.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#20 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor the dark world is worse than BVS and Thor 1 is meh definitely justice league plus thoir is 100minutes like what

#21 Posted by Saberscar223 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@donwayneii: look at the likes and dislikes on all 4 trailers

Avatar image for deactivated-597a763c9aa4a
#22 Posted by deactivated-597a763c9aa4a (7 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Thor 3s trailer looks better than Justice League.

#23 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (8355 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotoucanario: Thor was the most talked about product out of everything that came out SDCC. It's clear Ragnarok has more hype imo.

#24 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (8355 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Beyonder97 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: crossing 1 billion isn't easy task! Everyone including me thought GOT vol2 would cross 1 billion easily and that didn't happen

#26 Posted by Beyonder97 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way we'll find out is in November!

#27 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (8355 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Asgaard (3592 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotoucanario:

That's exactly what I mean! SW The Force Awakens made 2 billons and had 112 mill trailer views on first 24 hours, Shades had 114 mill views on the same time frame and made less than 400 mill total gross. The Beauty and the Beast had 127 mill views on 1st 24h and it made 1.2 billons.

"It" teaser got a ridiculous 197 mill and it isn't likely to make anywhere near as much as Thor or JL. Views doesn't perfectly equal interest, there is absolutely no argument to say that Beauty and the Beast, much less Shades Darker were more hyped than Force Awakens yet the raw view counts would say otherwise if that's the only thing you look at.

Here is some data...

- Online ticket sales and trailer views keep increasing every day, obviously "The Force Awakens" would beat the current record if the trailer for that movie was released today, i would not credit much "The Last Jedi" argument because i am one of those people who thinks Star Wars 8 (independently of the content) will not have the same hype that 7 did, because of the long time without a Star Wars movie factor...

- "Fifty Shades Darker" has and always will have a huge (worldwide) hardcore fan base, but based in a specific demographic, that always leads to views from the mentioned fan base and mockery from a lot of people that (to mock) still have to share the trailer in social media.

However, it was internationally that it truly shone, racking up 74.6 million total views across its 32 foreign markets.

- "It" views also seem heavy social media "ecosystem" based, where people like to share and link that kind of content, but will not necessarily watch the movie.

notching more then 81 million views and 1.8 million-plus shares from U.S. Facebook instances alone.

- But you always you have to capitalize on this numbers, and here is where i think you may have a point in what you said.

- Yet Thor Ragnarok official trailer, was able to capitalize on the success of the first teaser trailer.

- If we go by this list....

RankVideo nameViews (millions)*Release dateRef(s)
1It – Official Teaser Trailer197.0March 31, 2017[1]
2The Fate of the Furious – Official Trailer139.0December 11, 2016[2]
3Thor: Ragnarok – Official Teaser Trailer136.0April 10, 2017[3]
4Beauty and the Beast – Official Trailer127.6November 14, 2016[4]
5Fifty Shades Darker – Trailer (Official)114.0September 13, 2016[5]
6Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Trailer (Official)112.0October 19, 2015[6]
7Captain America: Civil War – Trailer #2 (Official)94.7March 10, 2016[7]
8Transformers: The Last Knight – Official Teaser93.6December 5, 2016[8]
9.Beauty and the Beast – Official Teaser91.4May 23, 2016[9]
10Black Panther – Teaser Trailer89.0June 9, 2017[10]
11Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Teaser #288.0April 16, 2015[6]
12Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Official Teaser81.0December 3, 2016[11]
13Captain America: Civil War – Trailer #161.0November 24, 2015[12]
14Game of Thrones Season 7 – Official Trailer (HBO)61.0May 24, 2017[13]
15Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Official Trailer59.8March 16, 2017[14]
16Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Official Teaser55.0November 28, 2014[6]
17Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Official Teaser43.0April 14, 2017[15]
18Prison Break Season 5 – Trailer #242.0January 11, 2017[16]
19Avengers: Age of Ultron – Trailer #335.0March 4, 2015[17]
20Avengers: Age of Ultron – Trailer #234.3October 22, 2014[18]

- Seems obvious that (in general) you need a well established brand and a hardcore fan base, but this results will not withdraw all the other variables importance, yet its always good to be there.

- And by track record if we associate Disney and Marvel Studios, "Thor Ragnarok" may parallel more with "Beauty and the Beast" success than "Fifty Shades Darker" failure.

- I got your point from the beginning, and i was not necessarily contradicting it, and hope you also get what i am trying to say... (obviously time can prove some of my points as wrong).

* Justice League also was able to deliver with their last footage from comic con, by any means i am downgrading that movie in this post, i am just talking about trailer views and their context and somehow importance, and i am obviously a big Thor fan, but in this kind of posts (and the Box Office Thread) i really try to be impartial and debate with the available data.

#29 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9352 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly. The MCU is a brand now that has reached out and drawn in a lot of fans, more so than what WB/DC's DCEU has at this point probably...so yeah, it probably is.

Wait till we get closer to INFINITY WAR. Hype levels are going to be ...s t u p i d

#30 Edited by Thanosfan500 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#31 Posted by mrmonster (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

#32 Posted by Nefarious (34690 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. The hype is real.

#33 Posted by m2k (73 posts) - - Show Bio

From the general audience perspective and the Marvel brand, yes.

From this board, it's 50/50.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
#34 Posted by redhoodsavagery (117 posts) - - Show Bio

even if thor has more hype justice league will still make more most people dont like thor movies people have been waiting decades for justice league and will see it

#35 Posted by Transformaa (874 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason why Thor is winning is because they have been showing everything in their trailers! if Justice League showed superman fighting hordes of parademons and Steppenwolf,..this topic will be a different discussion

#36 Posted by theCrazyBean (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodsavagery: If I had to bet, I'd bet for justice league grossing more than Thor. But I wouldn't be surprise if Ragnarok makes more money.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
#37 Posted by redhoodsavagery (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodsavagery: If I had to bet, I'd bet for justice league grossing more than Thor. But I wouldn't be surprise if Ragnarok makes more money.

nope i will be surprised if thor even makes 700 million justice league no matter what everyone will see it

#38 Posted by IAmTheLaw (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I'm far more excited for Thor. That said, I'll watch both and I expect Justice League to make more money.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#39 Edited by buttersdaman000 (20056 posts) - - Show Bio

IDGAF that Thor 3 trailer was lit af and Justice League was hype. As of now, i'm thinking about making my first midnight releases in years.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#40 Edited by TheLastDragonborn (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no.

Jl got more views and reshares on Facebook. (Latest trailer for both movies)

On the Justice League movie page, JL got 629K reshares. Thor got 82K.

On Warner Bros Pictures, JL got 40M views. On Marvel's FB page, thor got 25 million.

On twitter..

JL has 95K retweets. Thor has 36K.

In yt, JL is only behind by about 5 million views.

You guys need to get behind your YT view box. There are more places where videos are shared.

#41 Posted by Thorthunder98 (4060 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably yes both Thor trailers have more views on youtube and generally getting talked about more

#42 Edited by theCrazyBean (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhoodsavagery: what? 700m would surprise you?

TDW did 644m

Strange did 677m

This movie is getting way more attention than TDW, has strange and Hulk, is close to IW, has a great cast and its trailers have good reception.

Unless this movie gets the worst reception ever by critics, average moviegoers and fans it will make 750m+

#43 Edited by WarDevil (482 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm more hyped to see Thor and hulk battle in arena combat than to see the JL battle some ahole named Steppenwolf (who is absolutely unknown to anyone outside of dc readers)

#44 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

After that last Thor trailer, I'm pretty sure that's everyone's most anticipated movie.

#45 Posted by darkonast (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly its just like the WW trailer vs GOTG2 , one sticks more to mind (WW) while one becomes an afterthough (GOTG2)

#46 Posted by clydedonovan64 (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind the 1st Ragnarok trailer has more views than the Last Jedi trailer, is Thor more hyped than Star Wars?

#47 Posted by ManOfSteel11 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is going to be about 90 minutes... I heard the storyline it draws from is pretty heavy stuff and they are just flying through it. JL will be a much cooler movie, probably not as full of kid jokes, but way more badass

#48 Posted by RBT (14874 posts) - - Show Bio

If only likes and dislikes on YT meant anything..

Thor is closer than JL so it might look like it's more hyped. Though it has absolutely no chance of beating Justice League at box office.

#49 Posted by Saberscar223 (1511 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

If only likes and dislikes on YT meant anything..

Thor is closer than JL so it might look like it's more hyped. Though it has absolutely no chance of beating Justice League at box office.

Just like there was no way Captain America 3 was beating Batman vs Superman for the first time ever on the big screen? With wonder woman

#50 Posted by RBT (14874 posts) - - Show Bio

@saberscar223: Civil War had more star power than BvS. What are you talking about?

Ragnarok is not beating JL. Period.