#1 Posted by yuuki157 (314 posts) - - Show Bio
I do not mind calling the star wars fans toxic because the world already knows that

#2 Edited by Amcu (16230 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Star Wars is still far ahead of Marvel and DC combined IMO. At least from what I've seen after TLJ.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#3 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

Not yet, there's not many fanbases as toxic as Star Wars. If anything Star Wars is consistently getting more toxic than it was previously, the community never really recovered after the whole Last Jedi thing. This is coming from a massive fan of Star Wars btw.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#4 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. I’m a huge Star Wars fan and even I acknowledge the toxic people who are Star Wars fans. I mean they are some of the most ridiculous people I’ve ever encountered.

#5 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like just dismissing people who didn't like The Last Jedi as toxic is a pretty toxic thing to do.

The creators of the movie were also pretty toxic themselves by responding to the fan backlash by insulting the people that didn't like it.

#6 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars fans are the worst. To them, there has never been a good movie since the original trilogy besides TFA, which they say was a copy paste of ANH.

#7 Posted by Heatforce (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh i feel like the last jedi and solo made people appreciate the original trilogy more (even though episode 2 is still the worst imo).

#8 Edited by ArranVid (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

Yuuki157, I am your father! search your feelings...you know this to be true! OT I thought the MCU fandom as a whole was always toxic but the Star Wars fandom will always be more toxic because there are old guys out there who hug extremely tightly to the trilogy in the 70s/80s. Btw the DCU fandom also has toxicity as there's on obvious longstanding rivalry between MCU and DCU. None of those guys match the toxicity of the Smash fandom, Dragonball fandom or Sonic fandom LOL

#9 Posted by Mike_Fowler (4965 posts) - - Show Bio

When said fandom practically bullies a kid into giving up on say, comics/MCU movies, then they’d START to get close

#10 Posted by SuperHulk24 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Goes like this: Star Wars, Dragon ball , One Punch Man, Marvel/MCU, DC/DCEU.

#11 Posted by TourneyMaster (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

I never felt SW that Toxic. I was not hardcore SW till late in life, and even now discussions are pretty meh compared to recent MCU/DCU debates on this site. Though Dragonball takes the crown in toxic fanbases.

#12 Posted by SuperHulk24 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars fans are in open civil war right now while Dragon Ball targets comics and other powerful animes like R. Kelly at recess.

#13 Posted by Mrnoital (7968 posts) - - Show Bio

have they bullied any actors off social media? if so then sure

#14 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

No. Star Wars is still far ahead of Marvel and DC combined IMO. At least from what I've seen after TLJ.

I feel like just dismissing people who didn't like The Last Jedi as toxic is a pretty toxic thing to do.

The creators of the movie were also pretty toxic themselves by responding to the fan backlash by insulting the people that didn't like it.

Umm, SWs toxicity goes faaaar before TLJ, the fannase got divided since the prequels, and TFA shattered it. Nowadays we got basically a myriad combinations of ppl who liked/disliked OG, Prequels, Sequels, side-stories, and the toxicity flies in most directions (those who liked the prequels tend to be the less toxic IMO)

#15 Posted by MetalJimmor (6148 posts) - - Show Bio

@rukelnikovftw:

Having a fanbase with a wide range of opinions is not toxicity. I also can't remember ever being accused of being sexist, racist, or toxic before The Last Jedi merely for not enjoying a movie.

There were certainly toxic parts of the fandom, but the same is true for every fandom there is. Hirokoshi gets death threats from people who hate Mineta, a fan artist was almost talked into suicide because they didn't draw Rose Quartz fat enough, and Gal Gadot was swamped by people telling her that her boobs weren't big enough to be Wonder Woman.

But it wasn't until The Last Jedi that people started throwing around the term toxic to describe people who don't like a certain Star Wars installment. That isn't a toxic Star Wars fan. A toxic Star Wars fan is one of the people who sent kid Anakin's child actor death threats after Phantom Menace.

#16 Edited by MAZAHS117 (12328 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Supermanthor (16170 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah right ...... because dceu has angels backing them

#18 Posted by kiba (3652 posts) - - Show Bio

All social media is becoming more toxic by the day. People want to live in their echo chambers rather than listen to and respect a different opinion.

#19 Posted by YurMumsBF (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. MCU fans have taken the mantle as most obnoxious, spastastic, pathetic, and embarassing fanbase of all time.

#20 Posted by IAmTheLaw (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Were Star Wars fans known as toxic before that last movie? Because it was really, really bad.

I honestly don't know the answer.

#21 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4127 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by YOA_501 (685 posts) - - Show Bio

I kind of having an Avangers/MCU fatigue here

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#23 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9006 posts) - - Show Bio

@yurmumsbf: Wow nice alt. That butthurt is strong.

#24 Posted by Aros001 (3608 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The MCU fans have not yet gone so far as to literally harass the actors and directors of the MCU movies (that I know of).

Most of the toxic MCU fanboys tend to focus their wrath at the DC fans. They don't see Marvel as some kind of Holy Bible to the point where anything bad or disappointing involving one of the movies is blasphemy and that the directors and actors deserve death threats for daring to be a part of the franchise.

Maybe we'll see more of that in the phases after Endgame, but for now, no. The Star Wars fanboys are still worse.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#25 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7463 posts) - - Show Bio

Not yet.

#26 Posted by HellionVulcan (7137 posts) - - Show Bio

No, because it's been held to a higher standard than the last few Star Wars films.

#27 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36591 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol 😂 not even close...There is a reason the fandom has soured; prequels, Jar Jar Bible, milking something, Disney declaring the extended universe as non cannon, Kathleen Kennedy, Social Justice Heroes like Ray & Rose, etc. There was a bunch of build up to this. The MCU is fine and now the DCEU fanboys will chill since Aquaman is successful and the other DCEU movies should be good to go with Synder gone.

#28 Posted by RukelnikovFTW (6131 posts) - - Show Bio

@rukelnikovftw:

Having a fanbase with a wide range of opinions is not toxicity. I also can't remember ever being accused of being sexist, racist, or toxic before The Last Jedi merely for not enjoying a movie.

There were certainly toxic parts of the fandom, but the same is true for every fandom there is. Hirokoshi gets death threats from people who hate Mineta, a fan artist was almost talked into suicide because they didn't draw Rose Quartz fat enough, and Gal Gadot was swamped by people telling her that her boobs weren't big enough to be Wonder Woman.

But it wasn't until The Last Jedi that people started throwing around the term toxic to describe people who don't like a certain Star Wars installment. That isn't a toxic Star Wars fan. A toxic Star Wars fan is one of the people who sent kid Anakin's child actor death threats after Phantom Menace.

Well, the plurality of opinions is not what I consider toxic, the way in which those opinions are defended and attacked is what I do consider toxic, and also if kid Anakin received death threats after TPM, that's pretty much all you need for it to fit your criteria well before the sequels came out.

#29 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU is already getting there and after the release of Captain SJW it'll surpass.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#30 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked all the star wars movies besides TLJ I mean it was a 2.5 hour movie of nothing it doesnt really feel like anything happened

#31 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9069 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup. Just go on your average MCU battles thread.

#32 Posted by Transformaa (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

It has already begun!!🤷