• 169 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5db9692553cb6
deactivated-5db9692553cb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think Saitama is limitless? (192 votes)

Yes, Saitama is a gag character. 32%
No. Saitama fanboys should stop wanking 56%
Other 9%
Results 4%

You don't necessarily have to say Saitama beats Goku and Superman. For example, I do think Saitama is limitless, but it's no confirmed, and he doesn't have many feats, so in a "Goku vs Saitama" thread, I'll say "Goku wrecks for now".

• 
Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

Yes.

Dont worry you will get the feats.

I can imagin by EoS he fights being who transcend reality and stuff like that only to turn out his serios 100% punch is beyond reality.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes a big load of joking

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for supermanfan1938
Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Supermanfan1938

No, wanking from casual fanboys that think his name is actually one punch man. I guess Ichigo's real name is Bleach. If Saitama is limitless then it's fair game and I can wank Superman to heaven and back. Morrison implies that Superman always grows stronger opposed to his enemies aka limitless. Superman one shots all of fiction

Breaking a limiter =/= limitless

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Yes. That's the point of him. On the battle forums here, he's only as strong as his feats, but his actual character? No one knows his limit. He hasn't ever been shown to have one, how he's constantly performing crazy feats nonchalantly without breaking a sweat, his "I couldn't care less about this fight" attitude toward anyone of any caliber in any fight. And those are just a few examples.

He's a gag character. Shouldn't be allowed on the battle forums, but since he is then he's restricted to his feats in debates. Other than that, he's limitless.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, wanking from casual fanboys that think his name is actually one punch man. I guess Ichigo's real name is Bleach. If Saitama is limitless then it's fair game and I can wank Superman to heaven and back. Morrison implies that Superman always grows stronger opposed to his enemies aka limitless. Superman one shots all of fiction

Hulk is supposedly the same way. He cant die, the angrier he gets the stronger, therefore he's supposed to be infinitely strong(correct me if I'm wrong). If supes is the same way, then he's also infinitely strong, they made him like that. But obviously writers don't treat them as such so they aren't gag.

Saitama is a clear gag and has been made to be stupidly OP from the gate. Hulk and Superman are serious characters who've been shown to have a limits. Saitama hasn't once struggled to do anything, regardless of the feat he pulls off.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supermanfan1938

@batmanplusjay said:
@supermanfan1938 said:

Hulk is supposedly the same way. He cant die, the angrier he gets the stronger, therefore he's supposed to be infinitely strong(correct me if I'm wrong). If supes is the same way, then he's also infinitely strong, they made him like that. But obviously writers don't treat them as such so they aren't gag.

Saitama is a clear gag and has been made to be stupidly OP from the gate. Hulk and Superman are serious characters who've been shown to have a limits. Saitama hasn't once struggled to do anything, regardless of the feat he pulls off.

I dont know what manga/anime youve been watching but One Punch Man has been serious for a while and its comedic moments are not intended to be gag scenes. It's a light parody if anything of the super strong MCs you see in other series. One Punch Man is not Looney Tunes. Silver Age Superman is not a serious character either with a ton of gag esque feats and comics code authority demanded he never lose. I guess he one shots everyone as well.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 morpheus_  Moderator

Saitama is limited by the very nature of his series. Hence the long debates about Collapsing Star, Roaring Cannon. ONE can't just destroy the Earth to make a point - even by EoS, it's very doubtful Saitama will ever have a moon or planet busting feat.

So by design and within his own universe, yes. For battles forum purposes, obviously not. His limit is what he has achieved on panel.

Tony501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tony501

Of curse he is what’s the point than?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e
deactivated-5ebab2b43ed4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m pretty sure that he’ll meet his match by EoS. At least I kind of hope he does not for any other reason but the character himself.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:
@supermanfan1938 said:

I dont know what manga/anime youve been watching but One Punch Man has been serious for a while and its comedic moments are not intended to be gag scenes.

Then show me 1 scan where he performs a feat and actually seems like he needed to "try" to perform it. Just 1.

It's a light parody if anything of the super strong MCs you see in other series. One Punch Man is not Looney Tunes. Silver Age Superman is not a serious character either with a ton of gag esque feats and comics code authority demanded he never lose. I guess he one shots everyone as well.

I don't know anything about that Superman.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t give a shit if he was written a gag character or satire, because the thing is, he was confirmed by Genus to have all of his limiters(concept of limitation in his story) and to have boundless strength, confirming that he is a complete omnipotent, infinite and boundless in everyway. Stop putting him in battle thread because he can’t be.

Supermanfan1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Supermanfan1938

@chad_duby said:

I don’t give a shit if he was written a gag character or satire, because the thing is, he was confirmed by Genus to have all of his limiters(concept of limitation in his story) and to have boundless strength, confirming that he is a complete omnipotent, infinite and boundless in everyway. Stop putting him in battle thread because he can’t be.

lol, limiters removed =/= limitless. https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/cc6pgc/no_saitama_having_removed_his_limiter_doesnt_mean/

Saitama uses a tiny fraction of effort to end Boros. He is not omnipotent otherwise he'd be all powerful.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killbilly  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he isn’t limitless.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 takenstew22  Moderator

In his own universe? Sure.

On the battle forums? Absolutely not.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AbstractRaze

Saitama is not limitless overall, he's physically limitless, 3 dimensionally limitless, but it was already revealed that he's immune against soul manipulation, chi/aura manipulation, this implies that Saiatama posses defenses against mythical powers, hax, etc... this probably means that neither Sharingan from Naruto, soul manipulation from Bleach or powers from abstract realms beyond the 3 dimensions won't affect him, well not generalizing, but a reasonable part of them.

In those situations, Saitama is like a drop of oil under multiple tons of water, no matter the amount of water, it won't dissolve the drop of oil.

So, he's no joke...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's limitless for the story's sake. But on Battle forums it isn't fair to treat him like he is

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mimisalome

He possess some pretty obvious morphological boundaries.

So technically, he has limits and therefore not limitless

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Shinne

Nah, I think people who say he's just a gag character simply haven't read enough One Punch Man, and probably have only watched the anime's first season. He's more than that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffd6af867550
deactivated-5ffd6af867550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telling Saitama is limitless because he is a gag character is false. The series itself has been serious for a long time. Its like telling DBZ is gag because Dragonball used to be like that in its first few episodes. The whole point of him having no limits is nothing more than a hypothesis that a scientist made whose strongest creation was what a mountain buster. He may have no limits to his strength as compared to the other beings in his settings but he is by no means really limitless. Superman for examples can increase his powers by solar energy, Hulk by his anger so they are bith limitless by the same view as Saitama. Only those who saw few episodes or chapter of it would come to the internet saying "Saitama would beat everyone with One Punch because he is a gag character." Arale is a gag character not Saitama despite some comedic moments. This notion is only elevated by countless YouTube animations where Saitama is shown to be able to overwhelm even the IG.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's limitless for the story's sake. But on Battle forums it isn't fair to treat him like he is

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By red_ruby_petal

No, because while his character is One Punch Man, what keeps it interesting is that we don't exactly know if there is ever going to be an opponent stronger than he is. Hence we have things like normal/serious punches though some may say he isn't actually serious can be true, the thing about Saitama is that he is someone who knows how powerful he is and that he is too powerful but is still confident enough to think that someone out there is powerful enough to beat him. Just take a hint when reading One Punch Man, everytime there is a super powerful opponent no one in the S Class league can beat, the stakes of whether they are powerful enough to beat Saitama is raised. Like when Boros goes through 3 phases and finally surprises Saitama but still isn't a challenge, or like when Garou keeps evolving and is clearly way too skilled for Saitama but its just to beat him. The case isn't that he is limitless, its that so far he is just too powerful. Not making Saitama explicitly limitless is what keeps the manga/anime interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pretty bad NLF to put on a character that isn't even moon level featwise.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He couldn't even tag a fly lol.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is limitless.

Just wait.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serious question. How do people like Saitaman Goku, or even Superman. All 3 of them are Mary Sue’s, and are completely devoid of substance or character.

Dragon ball especially, the fight scenes are almost boring because I already know one of them will unlock some new ridiculous power that helps them win, or if they lose then they will come back and defeat them next battle. Can someone tell me a reason why they love these shows (dragon ball and one punch man)? I’m actually curious, and this is just my opinion, I know many people do not share the same ideas as me.

OT: Like I said “Mary Sue” he’s definitely unlimited

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boros ''almost'' gave him a serious fight, as well as Garou in his prime. I don't think he is a gag character, he just didn't face with anyone close to his power level.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. His power makes him powerless. When a man has all the money in the world, guaranteed safety, and no worries he will begin to create a solution for a non-existent problem. Saitama has found his problem, Boredom. The solution is a fight.

One day it'll get him killed, some day a man will offer to give Saitama a fight and he'll lose.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killbilly  Moderator

Serious question. How do people like Saitaman Goku, or even Superman.

I don't think I understand the question...

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Boros didn't almost give him a serious fight. Lol. None of them did.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We really gonna use comic relief as an argument? Seriously?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Erkan12

@batmanplusjay said:

@erkan12: Boros didn't almost give him a serious fight. Lol. None of them did.

No Caption Provided

''now this looks more like a real fight.''

Boros could win if there was no moon as well, Saitama can't survive on space and he can't fly.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MainJP
@green_tea said:

We really gonna use comic relief as an argument? Seriously?

Yes.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

People, people. Get your facts straight. Seriously. It was a mosquito. Not a fly. Tsk, tsk, tsk... :p

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Serious question. How do people like Saitaman Goku, or even Superman. All 3 of them are Mary Sue’s, and are completely devoid of substance or character.

Because what you just said isn't true.

Saitama is immensely powerful but is suffering from depression because all his power can't give him what he actually wants in life. Excitement. He wants to have a real fight but can't because of his power causing him to live what is, to him, a boring and mundane life where the most exciting thing in his life is picking up groceries.

Superman is a character burdened by the weight of responsibility his great power brings him. Superman's problem is the opposite of Saitama's. He doesn't want to fight but feels obligated to do so because he can't bring himself to sit on the side lines while he has the power to protect the people who can't defend themselves. All he really wants is to settle down and have a normal life but he chooses not to for the sake of others.

Goku is driven by a selfish desire to fight and train to the point of putting off other responsibilities to his family and friends. Sometimes to the point of giving his enemies the advantage they need to potentially cause damage to the world. It isn't that Goku doesn't care about others, he just has a hard time overcoming his saiyan instinct to seek out stronger and stronger enemies.

All three clearly have character and substance. They wouldn't be as popular as they are if they were truly just punchy super strong guys. Maybe you can argue they are Mary Sues but to say they are devoid of any sort of characterization or compelling personality traits is just blatantly wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost certain that removing what limit someone like a limiter makes the character limitless.

Short answer: YES. Saitama's power is limitless.

YoYoBoBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, but I also don’t really care. Most Saitama vs insert ridiculously strong character fights come down to whether a person simply looks at the gag character side of things or whether the persons ignores that and uses feats and evidence to come to a conclusion. When it comes down to something that is strictly based on perspective/opinion and is divided by two stances that neither one can actually argue against, there’s really no point. Either one dude is “wanking” the character too hard with no evidence other than “he’s one punch man”, or the other person is suffering from a one punch man woosh and is “missing the point of the character”. That’s when you agree to disagree.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I really don’t find that interesting personally. I was asking for others opinions, not for you to correct mine. Watching a fictional character always appear boring and sad + having uninteresting fight scenes just isn’t for me (Saitama).

Goku is probably the worst written character in fiction in my opinion and is mostly just a power fantasy. I actually like some of the dragon ball fight scenes, but their ‘almost’ too spectacle and it takes away from what’s going on.

Superman is the exact definition of a Mary Sue. Clark gets new powers randomly and overcomes threats he shouldn’t. Also his character I find to be again personally boring, he rarely is written with substance or character and is a very Boy Scout based, which I find “personally” boring.

^thats all opinion based

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Also I should have specified. “In my opinion” I don’t think watching someone be upset about having too much control is at all compelling. I want characters to try hard, achieve their goals, and push their limits. Since Saitama has no limits he is thus boring.

Also other people liking something doesn’t not at all mean it’s well written or compelling. Some people just like to watch people punch things, simple as that. Although I’m sure you have better reasons for liking the characters beside “punch” lol

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don’t find that interesting personally. I was asking for others opinions, not for you to correct mine.

^thats all opinion based

I corrected you because you didn't posit an opinion. You stated your opinion as a fact. Objectively speaking the characters do have personalities and aren't "devoid of substance".

If they just don't do it for you personally then more power to you. We all have preferences.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: I’m genuinely asking for peoples reasons for liking Mary Sue cookie cutter heroes. All three are borderline the same character at heart.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: You wrote you’re opinion as fact as well.

Telling me traits about the character doesn’t give them depth. All you told me was that Saitama is so powerful it even bores himself

But I’m glad you have interest in these shows

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

I didn't give my opinion of them. I wrote what their personalities and personal struggles were, which are facts about the characters. Facts that do indeed prove they have depth to them. Whether or not you find the characters interesting is a completely different discussion.

As for my opinions.

I actually don't care that much for Goku. I was always more interested in Piccolo, Gohan, and Vegeta.

I find Saitama funny and ultimately fairly relatable in that I also know what it is like to feel bored with your life but not have any way to really change it. Additionally he's a hero for entirely selfish reasons but he also demonstrates real appreciation for heroes like Mumen Rider who became heroes to help people, which is another trait I find compelling. He isn't a virtuous hero like Superman but he doesn't look down on those who are. In fact he admires them because they have a passion in their lives he completely lacks.

Superman I enjoy the most of these three because at the end of the day he is just a man from a small town with loving parents that he wants to make proud. Superman himself may be larger than life but Clark Kent? He's just a man trying to do the right thing. He could live a much happier life if he could ignore the suffering of others but he can't. I get that and I feel sympathy for him because of it. He can also become really interesting when he becomes entangled by his own morality.

A prime example being the President Luthor arc in the Justice League cartoon series. Superman knew Luthor was up to no good but could do nothing about it because Luthor was protected by legal barriers and plausible deniability. It was driving him crazy and lead to him making a few pretty severe mistakes along the way. Damaging his own reputation as he came off as paranoid to the public.

In the end it was all a Red Herring. A distraction Lex Luthor used to keep Superman off his trail until he finished his real project.

Ultimately this is why I have to disagree with the Mary Sue assessment for him. Superman fails and makes mistakes that can have massive repercussions. His own morality is frequently used against him yet at the same time it is the only barrier stopping him from crossing the line between hero and tyrant.

Even his actual powers are rivaled by other beings he comes across. Superman isn't the Saitama of the DC universe. He's just the strongest of the Earth-based heroes and still barely on equal footing against most of the high tier villains he has to contend with.