Do you think people on Comicvine misunderstood what "misunderstood masterpiece" means?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think people on Comicvine misunderstood what "misunderstood masterpiece" means? (12 votes)

Yes 67%
No 33%

Why the sudden influx of threads asking whether this and that are "misunderstood masterpiece"? Like kid goku's penis, DCEU Superman's chin, CW Arrow's face, etc. I don't get it. Do you think people are misusing this phrase?

• 
MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just bait.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Is just a prank bro.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a joke.

xNahtebx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If I misunderstand a thread about misunderstanding misunderstood masterpieces, where does that even leave us? Where does the madness end? O_O

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything you said are pranks, in the other hand those DCEU fans asking if BvS, MoS, and JL are misunderstood masterpieces...

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xnahtebx said:

If I misunderstand a thread about misunderstanding misunderstood masterpieces, where does that even leave us? Where does the madness end? O_O

Wait, if I misunderstand your masterpiece of a response about misunderstanding a thread about misunderstanding misunderstood masterpieces, then have we misunderstood these misunderstandings to the point of correctly understanding them, or are they simply further misunderstood misunderstandings?

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there are certain instances where it's a valid question. For example I could easily see people interpretting MoS as a "misunderstood masterpiece", I would probably even echo similar sentiments. But then the term was being applied to movies that really have no bussiness being in that discussion, and it became transfixed to the DCEU in general.

Now it's just at that point to where it's become a Comicvine Meme, similar to "CW Arrow solos" and "Thor City Busts". Once it reaches that stage no one takes it seriously anymore.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer

@jgames said:

Is just a prank bro.

@watcher5000 said:

It's a joke.

Pretty dang terrible if these are jokes/pranks, more spam then anything else..they're dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers