Do you think Aquaman will be more similar to Thor or Black Panther?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you think Aquaman will be more similar to Thor or Black Panther? (12 votes)

Thor 75%
Black Panther 25%

(Note this post is based off of what we know about the film thus far)

Well, just like with Captain America: the First Avenger and Wonder Woman, I don't think Aquaman can escape the comparison with the MCU's royalty. To me, it seems like Black Panther would be a better comparison but sorta flipped. Aquaman is essentially Killmonger and Ocean Master is Black Panther but their roles, goals, and motivations are reversed. Also, each kingdom is made up of different tribes with wakanda being united under a single ruler and Atlantis being fractured into city states (I assume). Plus we even get the secondary villains (claw/ black manta). Any other similarities/parallels you can think of or am I off base and should look to Thor?

• 
BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman is essentially Killmonger and Ocean Master is Black Panther

Isn't this the other way around?

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Heatforce

@bruceveidt: well in the sense that Aquaman is the bastard son of a King trying to claim his brother's throne.

Edit: I mean queen :)

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: well in the sense that Aquaman is the bastard son of a King trying to claim his brother's throne.

Ooooh, you mean THAT way.

Yup.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Arrow

I think your comparasion with Black Panther is spot on. It will be like a reverse Black panther with a bunch of differences.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hard to say. I think he'll get more comparisons with Thor just because they are both high fantasy adventure characters that take place in an alien environment (Asgard/The Sea) with alien creatures (Dark Elves/Frost Giants/The Trench) and will likely end up out of their element (Thor going to Earth/Aquaman leaving the Sea).

The only similarity he has with Black Panther is that it's a story revolving around them becoming king. If this Aquaman is anything like the comics Arthur won't actually want to be king, it will be a position he is forced to fill. This makes him very different from both T'Challa and Killmonger who both wanted the throne for ultimately the same reason but with differing goals.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Neither really.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: yeah forgot to make neither an option.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@heatforce:

Actually, I've been thinking, and if they follow some classic Aquaman stories, it could be like BP.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to say Thor, but Black Panther sounds closer

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he does get compared to anyone, it'll be Thor. Two royal members of a mythical society who wield very powerful magical weapons.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually i have my doubts about watching this movie and WW 84. but TBH im really excited for SHAZAM