Do You Prefer Spoilers?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Im just curious. I'd like to a running tally of who does and who doesnt. Personally i love to get as many spoilers as possible before i get my comics. Im the type of person who goes out and finds out the end of books and then reads them after i find out the ending is good. 

So let me hear from you all. Tell me yes or not and why or why not. Do you prefer/appreciate spoilers (whether they be BIG or small) before reading comics and/or comic arcs?

Avatar image for ravaginghamster
RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RavagingHamster

depends if im planning on reading the comic or not

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I would say no, but I'm not devastated if I hear one. It's always better to read it yourself anyway. One sentence such as 'this person dies!' won't ruin it for me. If it's more detailed I might be upset, but I have the option of not reading it. 

But I do understand that most people don't want any spoilers, and people who give stuff away are jerks (such as recent threads titled 'RIP Kyle Rayner'). I even put spoiler tags on the wiki pages so people don't read ahead and ruin it for themselves.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF
@jloneblackheart said:
"I would say no, but I'm not devastated if I hear one. It's always better to read it yourself anyway. One sentence such as 'this person dies!' won't ruin it for me. If it's more detailed I might be upset, but I have the option of not reading it.   But I do understand that most people don't want any spoilers, and people who give stuff away are jerks (such as recent threads titled 'RIP Kyle Rayner'). I even put spoiler tags on the wiki pages so people don't read ahead and ruin it for themselves. "

thats cool. I basically search out the spoilers and am disappointed if i dont find them. It gets me excited and let me feel like im in the loop a little bit more than everyone else.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By No_Name_

Who needs spoilers when you can just read the comic book? That's like reading the last chapter of a book first.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Vortex13
@Babs: I actually have a friend who reads the last line of any book he is planing to read. Seems silly to me.

On the subject of spoilers I don't really like them, I prefer to read the book myself or see the movie. The only time I'm ok with spoilers is when I do not plan to ever read or see whatever is being spoiled.
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

I usually don't mind movie spoilers. It's always much cooler to see it happening on the screen than reading it online anyway, so reading it online don't really ruin it.
Comic spoilers on the other hand...I don't really wanna read them unless it's from a comic I don't intend to read. That's why I love the Spoiler filter so much.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
@Babs said:
"Who needs spoilers when you can just read the comic book? That's like reading the last chapter of a book first. "

i do that some times. Im inpatiant. I like to know what happened immediately. I still read the whole book but if i know something big happens later in the book i dont want to wait to find out so i find spoilers on line
timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By timrothsays

i do not care 
most importantly - HOW writer presented material 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By John Valentine

I'm usually rather impatient, so I end up reading spoilers...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF
@John Valentine said:
"I'm usually rather impatient, so I end up reading spoilers... "

lol i think you are the first to agree with me. I figured there would be alot more impatient people
crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By crazed_h3ro

I really like to be amazed when i read/see something

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ziro

Doesn't make much of a difference to me.
Java Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Java Lad

Can't stand spoilers. And sorry, I can't understand people who want to know the ending before they have even started. Where is the mystery or suspense and to be never surprised!?
I just don't get it. 
And I despised people that tell the world about it without 1st finding out if the the world wants to know.
Also to go into something with a pre-conception ie knowing what happens, ruins the experience because you already have expectations. Movie spoilers are the worst. I want to go in and experience the event and come out with my own thoughts.
Once a mate has read/seen the event, I am all up for discussion and opinions can differ greatly but you always have your own untainted experience.

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By burr787

I don't know, I used to love spoilers but now that I'm more into comics I try to avoid them. The one time that I truly hated myself for looking at the last page of the book was Identity Crisis. That made me always try to avoid spoilers.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

I try to avoid them but sometimes you just can't seem to not see them
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

as long as its not enough to ruin it then its ok
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andferne
@Ziro said:
" Doesn't make much of a difference to me. "
cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cly

I don't like them.

Kayak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kayak

I usually read the spoilers for my fave manga's before the come out a few days early. Though in this case the spoilers are accomponied by the original translation.

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cly
@Kayak said:
" I usually read the spoilers for my fave manga's before the come out a few days early. Though in this case the spoilers are accomponied by the original translation. "
As if I didn't know. XD
girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By girth

I only prefer spoilers sometimes in videogames.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Scourge
@RavagingHamster said:
" depends if im planning on reading the comic or not "
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I like this type of Spoiler

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know how Siege ends...so no, i hate them.
i avoid alot of reviews/previews unless ive definatly read the issue
already for this reason.

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By Gothic Storm

When I pick up a novel I always read the very last sentence on the very last page before I start it... I guess I'm just weird that way. Actually, sometimes the final sentence can be pretty funny and make you wonder, "What the... ?"

Anyway, with comic books I usually don't read spoilers on message boards if I'm planning to go pick it up for myself. If it's a book I'm not sure if I'll read then I might read some reviews about it to help me decide. Yeah, it really depends on what the book is.

I read the movie adaptation for X-Men 2 by Chris Claremont (fantastic read by the way!) and was a little disappointed by X-2... The movie was still good, but needless to say Chis made all the scenes with Wolverine MUCH more bloodier than they were in the movie (of course!). Also, *spoiler alert!* Gambit made his first appearance with the team at the very end of the book as him and several other young X-men fought in the danger room.