Do you have more passion for DC or Marvel?

AgentHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you have more passion for DC or Marvel? (311 votes)

DC Comics 56%
Marvel Comics 44%
 • 
ghost_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really started getting into DC when new 52 was actually new, but as it keeps going it just disappointing more and more.
So make mine Marvel!

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#252  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

DC Comics all the way. When I read there comics I feel like I am at home.

No Caption Provided

Pop123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll love DC shows best. Not to much a comic reader of either. Everyone else I know read Marvel though.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Alak

Passion-wise...

Comics: DC

Animation: DC

Live-Action: Marvel

Overall: DC

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DC is the only correct answer :p

Definitely DC. Kingdom Come is one of my favorite comics

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By lifeofvibe

@cameron83: lobo is not outdated i just told you theres no such thing as an outdated character they all have been updated

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@cameron83: lobo is not outdated i just told you theres no such thing as an outdated character they all have been updated

In the new 52 he was updated. In the old universe (and even in this universe), his entire character was that he was the EMBODIMENT of the 90s. He was the 90s incarnate. He is the best example of an outdated character. I don't think anyone that is a DC fan or at least knows who the hell Lobo is can deny that.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By lifeofvibe

@cameron83: yes they will concidering that his personality is just like wolverines an overblown wolverine he is not outdated

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

@cameron83: yes they will concidering that his personality is just like wolverines an overblown wolverine he is not outdated

His personality is nothing like Wolverine's

That's the dumbest thing I've heard.

Does Wolverine howl at women and rip off their clothes?

I don't think you really know about Lobo,at all.

Because if you did,you would know that his personality is in incarnation of the 90s and anti-heroes (AS THEY WERE AT THE TIME) such as Wolverine and Punisher. He was DC's answer to them.

In the sense of Wolverine,it was his ubiquitous cigar that he always had and it was their dark natures (such as killing,or being loners,his healing factor,etc). Nowadays Wolverine barely even carries a cigarette.

In terms of personality,Wolverine,Punisher,Spawn and Lobo are completely different today.

@wolverine08 Isn't that right?

Zadoulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really liked DC's story more than Marvel.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: lobo is not outdate thats all im going to say on the topic is there anything else you wanna add?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: lobo is not outdate thats all im going to say on the topic is there anything else you wanna add?

Currently he's not really outdated since he's changed now,as you heard.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frostphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC comics is the one that I enjoy most.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DC I grew up with the animated universe. And I just love the characters more because of it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh despite all those threads that claim marvel is popular as you can see its the other way around

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

Heh despite all those threads that claim marvel is popular as you can see its the other way around

1. Marvel is popular. Otherwise it wouldn't be part of the big 2.

2. Actually,I don't see how less than 1000 people comprise the entire comic book community,but okay.

3. At the moment,most thoughts concerning DC are just dread and disappointment because of the new 52 (and little satisfaction once in a blue moon.) Seriously,ever since 2011 people have dreaded DC. How the hell do you miss that? And at the same time,I mainly see positive review for Marvel. Although there are (few) bad opinion of Marvel (as there are for all),I mainly see it for DC while seeing mostly seeing almost all positive for Marvel

4. I am pretty sure that Marvel is curbstomping DC at the moment. And please don't look at just one DC title (like Superman unchained) at number one for 1 month and use that as proof. But seriously,Marvel is mostly winning in terms of sales at the moment and that's how it's been for a couple of years now.

BUT AGAIN,who cares?

To each his own and whatever you say,dude :)

But I AM just being a bit nitpicky,I guess. It's just that that statement was really kinda wrong....almost wishful thinking or a personal lie.

I really don't know how one can even say that even when,at the moment,DC seems to be the most hated really because of the new 52. I mean,most of the opinions about DC nowadays (not just from CV,but also on things like newsarama,or on Youtube) have been in disgust because of it. And there is mostly Marvel love nowadays (with complaints here and there,but mostly praise).

And the new 52 just isn't getting better or making the situation better at all. Some people are hanging on a thread with DC with something like Wonder Woman or Superman Unchained. Others have completely left and have either gone to Marvel or Valiant (both whom are getting better and increasing by the minute)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love matvel buy im inlive with Dc and darkhorse

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By lifeofvibe

@cameron83:

question what are you basing this on? that's right nothing this is proof anough even if it isn't 1000 people so by this poll its dc so...shut your trap unless you've got proof

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like Spiderman, X-Men, and the Thor but I tend to like DC a whole lot more!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

@cameron83:

question what are you basing this on? that's right nothing this is proof anough even if it isn't 1000 people so by this poll its dc so...shut your trap unless you've got proof

Wow. Just...wow.

That really is the dumbest thing that I've heard today. All of it.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

@cameron83: well do you have proof?

Proof of WHAT?!

You just ask an empty question "do you have proof?"

Proof of what?

It's like me asking,"do you know where it is?"

And again,this isn't proof. Do you understand that?

This isn't even proof that everyone on the vine likes DC.

So to say that,just because 163 people like DC,is sufficient proof that more people like DC is,well,retarded.

It's laughable and I find it funny if you think that this is proof of anything.

But...whatever helps you sleep at night.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#277  Edited By girth

Both for me.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: proof that marvels more popular cause if not this is all you got

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

@cameron83: proof that marvels more popular cause if not this is all you got

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2013/2013-08.html

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597?articleID=136369

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=139005

http://www.comichron.com

Also,no "this is not all you got".

I mean,seriously?

It's like if 3 people out of a group of 5 liking marvel better and me saying "Marvel is more popular".

I mean,seriously?!

The simple fact that you find that as proof is just....wow. It''s laughable,at the least.

And those figures are besides the point

And I'd never thought that I would EVER say this in my life,but the general consensus (that I agree with is) DC sucks horribly at the moment. It's dreadful. Despised. Every comic site I've looked through over the past year (Comicvine,CBR,Newsarama,etc) all have a consensus that the new 52 is horrible and growing more so by the second. And this new Lobo....ughh!

If they made another poll about their approval it would blow up in their face just as it did last time.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

LOOK I'm not a blind fan for Marvel. I just follow characters and apparently DC doesn't have that many characters I care about. LOOK

MARVEL:

Spider-Man

X-Men: LOgan, Cyclops, Emma, Rogue, Psylocke, Fantomex, Deadpool, X-Force, Cable, Colossus, M, Madrox... I can keep going.

FF: The Thing and the rest are part of Ben Grimm

Agent Venom

Kaine PArker

Winter Soldier

Anachronism

Bloodstone

I keep thinking about X-Men or X-related characters

Screw it lets just do DC.

DC:

Tim Drake

Cyborg

Arsenal

Aqualad KAldur

Superboy

Beast Boy?

Star Fire

anyways...

I don't find Teen Titans or Red Hood and the Outlaws inviting. I have read a few issues and they've been ok. Superboy looks like he acts nothing like the Young Justice cartoon version.

Kaldur and Cyborg don't have a solo series!

Marvel currently only has their X-men series that I'm interested in or they are canceling the books I was reading.

I just love more Marvel characters than I love DC's characters. It's not a big deal.

( +)

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, a lot of DC fan(boy)s on here.

I personally prefer Marvel due to their better stories, more interesting characters & being more fictionally and scientifically realistic.

The only thing I like about DC Comics is their cartoons (well what do you expect when they’re owned by Warner Brothers!).

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: are you seriously giving me sales? That really doesnt proove anything like at all this is a poll so even if its true that marvel is more popular this my friend this poll is the only true thing that you can go by so yeah so tell me have you ever seen a poll that say marvel is more popular

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 the_stegman  Moderator

@cameron83: are you seriously giving me sales? That really doesnt proove anything like at all this is a poll so even if its true that marvel is more popular this my friend this poll is the only true thing that you can go by so yeah so tell me have you ever seen a poll that say marvel is more popular

I've been reading you two going back and forth..and I honestly don't know what you're asking lifeofvibe....

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: believe it or not i dont either there something im trying to say but im not really for certain what the right words are

Avatar image for negativecreep94
Negativecreep94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grew up on Dc and then got into Marvel. i like them both.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

Are you f*cking KIDDING ME?!?!

A POLL OF LESS THAN 300 PEOPLE ?!?!

Wow.

So...a poll of less than 300 proves something,but sales figures and shares don't prove anything at all.......

This poll is the only thing I can go by......okay. I am so done right now.

-_________-

By the same token,I guess I can create any poll that I want and,even if 4 people comment,as long as 3 people say that they like Marvel that apparently proves something more than actual sales

Because f*ck logic.

lol you've actually proven how little credibility your statements have. In fact,they just seem to be guided by wishful thinking more than anything else.

EDIT:

Here's a poll-

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/who-do-you-like-more-dc-or-marvel-1491881/

@the_stegman said:

@lifeofvibe said:

I've been reading you two going back and forth..and I honestly don't know what you're asking lifeofvibe....

are you talking to me or lifeofvibe?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 the_stegman  Moderator
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel for sure for me. they have way more fo of my favorites and way less characters that seem stale to me.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway,let me answer the question:

If this is pre-flashpoint DCU,I LOVE them both equally. (I mean,pre-flashpoint had it's faults,but absolutely nothing that couldn't be fixed).

If this is post-flashpoint,Marvel by miles.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By lifeofvibe

@cameron83: hmmm that is not exactly my logic you just cant stand me disagreeing with you for some reason

And no really i would believe such a thing

If 3 people voted dc over marvel and ther have been 5 votes it doesnt prove much really but if the votes are 296 and dc is favored it does shed some light on the fact that theres is more of a chance that dc is more popular then marvel it doesnt exactly proove it i know im contradicting myself but ive finally found the world to say what i was going to say and thats it

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By cameron83

@lifeofvibe said:

@cameron83: hmmm that is not exactly my logic you just cant stand me disagreeing with you for some reason

And no really i would believe such a thing

If 3 people voted dc over marvel and ther have been 5 votes it doesnt prove much really but if the votes are 296 and dc is favored it does shed some light on the fact that theres is more of a chance that dc is more popular then marvel it doesnt exactly proove it i know im contradicting myself but ive finally found the world to say what i was going to say and thats it

That still makes no sense. Out of 296 on one thread,if more people like DC,that's more proof than actual data that's more broad that actually covers all of the sales?

296 out of the entire comic book medium doesn't prove anything at all. You can't say that 3 out of 5 doesn't prove anything,but 296 out of all of the comic book medium does (AND at the same time say that ALL of the sales and the unit shares and such doesn't. Those notions are contradictions and ridiculous).

296 isn't even one-tenth of comicvine,so why the hell would it prove something about the comic book community in general? Yet sales don't prove a thing,but a freaking poll of less than 300 does?????? And ironically,one poll with Marvel in the lead doesn't prove anything either......yet a poll with DC in the lead does. Wait,what's the argument for that? That that poll is too small? But....a poll of less than 300 doesn't even make 1/10th of comicvine (let alone the entire comic book community),yet it's large enough........wow.

Words cannot describe how ridiculous this is.

-_________________________-

Because f*ck logic

And if you think that that's my issue with what you said,then you've completely missed the entire point of my posts. It's like you read what I say but take the effort to miss the point.

But okay,here's a poll with more than 5 times the amount for this poll with more than half taking Marvel:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/polls/?poll=3525&view=results

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By lifeofvibe

@cameron83: fine then whatever but can you please calm down

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers