Do you consider thought robot as a version of superman.

• 150 results
Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You have new 52 superman, pre crisis, post crisis. Do you consider thought robot to be a different version of superman or a different character?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on the flip side, yes.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hehehe never-mind Thought Robot the whole story in Superman 3D is too metaphorical to actually deal with it for something like a battle forum.

But you have to admit the story is cool. Grant Morrision pretty much depicted how a writer writes comics with an actual story hehe.

On second though I am rambling again hehe.

In short: hard to answer the question raised because that was the intention of the story.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know where this is going :)

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, i'll just copy paste from the other thread:

Also, have you read Final Crisis? TR Superman is Superman....Ultraman and Superman were combined to combat Mandrakk and their consciousness awoke in the Thought Robot. Superman, being the stronger willed of the two, took complete control and was the only conscious at play. The Thought Robot itself was powered by a single, undefeatable story of a child rocketed to earth....i.e Superman's story...i.e his story and consciousness are what made TR as powerful as it is, and is what made it TR Superman. You saying that it isn't Superman is the same as saying Piccolo doesn't count as himself since he absorbed Nail on Namek or ZH Hal Jordan isn't a version of Hal since he was infected by Parallax.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: i read final crisis, i had no wtf was going on tbh. but anyway, i don't consider tr a version of superman. i don't consider piccolo fused with nail piccolo either. when piccolo fused with nail, he became a new person. the only reason we call him piccolo is because he called himself piccolo. when piccolo fused kami, he was a new person again, he forgot his original name, so he just called himself piccolo. whenever piccolo fuses with someone, he becomes a new person. we only call him piccolo because all the characters call him piccolo. iirc goku wanted call him kamiccolo, but that could be an anime only thing. I don't consider zh hal hal, because he was being controlled by paralax(spelled trhat wrong). Hal was just a host. same with spectre hal, it's just spectre controlling Hal

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By never give up
No Caption Provided

@midnightdragon18 said:

@buttersdaman000: i read final crisis, i had no wtf was going on tbh. but anyway, i don't consider tr a version of superman. i don't consider piccolo fused with nail piccolo either. when piccolo fused with nail, he became a new person. the only reason we call him piccolo is because he called himself piccolo. when piccolo fused kami, he was a new person again, he forgot his original name, so he just called himself piccolo. whenever piccolo fuses with someone, he becomes a new person. we only call him piccolo because all the characters call him piccolo. iirc goku wanted call him kamiccolo, but that could be an anime only thing. I don't consider zh hal hal, because he was being controlled by paralax(spelled trhat wrong). Hal was just a host. same with spectre hal, it's just spectre controlling Hal

Something tells me you're using this reasoning because you don't like that this version of Superman is vastly superior to Goku, and would stomp Goku after all his amps in DB Super.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if somebody were to have, in a battle thread, "Composite Hal Jordan", you would not consider Zero Hour Hal Jordan because it's not a version of Hal?

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: So Superman has always been a robot his entire life?

Please tell me more :P

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: What is this regarding lol. This version of Superman existed before DB Super. The OP is upset there's another version of Superman that can defeat Goku and with ease :)

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pandalumina

@never_give_up: So THAT version was born a robot? :)

Who is his creator? Robotnik? Dr Wily? :P

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No and honestly I don't know why anyone would.

sooperfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, Thought Robot Superman is Superman. Just enjoy the hero instead of mindlessly hating him because he's "so op"

le0nhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought Robot isn't a different version of Superman, it's just Superman (post-crisis) piloting a robot built by the monitors

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you're really in the minority there I think. Thought Robot was just a robot built by the monitors to combat Mandrakk. It had no power or ability on it's own until it's pilot, Superman, came along and put his conscious, body, soul, and story into it. Literally everything that encompasses Superman made Thought Robot as powerful as it was until it became Thought Robot Superman. You're reasoning for not accepting is doesn't make since either because Piccolo outright said he was still piccolo with just Nail and Kami acting as extra minds/power inside his body. Hal being a host does not make him not himself either.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By midnightdragon18

@buttersdaman000: kami and piccolo are two different people, when the fused, they went back to their original form. He forgot his real name, so he just called himself piccolo.

A lot of people don't tr superman. For me, you have be born that character, and grow up to be that character to be a version of said character. Hal dis grow up to be zh hal, he was just invaded by Parallax

Edit : no he didn't, here is what piccolo said after he fused with kami "No longer am I Kami or Piccolo. I am the Namek who has long since forgotten his name"

Edit: before they fused, the original form of kami and piccolo was just referred to as thr nameless namekian.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's got an S on its chest and looks like a jackass for a reason. If it wanted to be anything else it would have. But its superman cause that's what it was created to be. And they never technically gave it it's own identity, so whether it's an alternate universe or nah I consider him another version of superman

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000

@buttersdaman000: kami and piccolo are two different people, when the fused, they went back to their original form. He forgot his real name, so he just called himself piccolo.

A lot of people don't tr superman. For me, you have be born that character, and grow up to be that character to be a version of said character. Hal dis grow up to be zh hal, he was just invaded by Parallax

Edit : no he didn't, here is what piccolo said after he fused with kami "No longer am I Kami or Piccolo. I am the Namek who has long since forgotten his name"

Edit: before they fused, the original form of kami and piccolo was just referred to as thr nameless namekian.

He still called himself Piccolo after he fused with Nail.

Then by that logic you just contradicted yourself. TR Superman is literally the story of Superman, mind, body, and soul, culminated into one being. He was born himself and grew up to be himself i.e his story represented by the Thought Robot to form TR Superman.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Wasn't Thought Robot formed from 2 versions of Superman, making a hero that was the VERY IDEA of Superman? I thought the point was that he was fighting a conceptual enemy so he had to fight it as a concept himself.

I think I'd say yes, it's a version of Superman.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't call it a "version", it's the canon Superman we all know but with a temporary power boost. A version is a counterpart from a different universe.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: Meaning Superman needed help in obtaining this "temporary power"

Where as Goku fully obsorbed the power of God into his base form. Making it part of him permanently :)

I know OT, but this was in continuation from the thread in DB universe xD

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
@midnightdragon18 said:

Something tells me you're using this reasoning because you don't like that this version of Superman is vastly superior to Goku, and would stomp Goku after all his amps in DB Super.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh: Meaning Superman needed help in obtaining this "temporary power"

Where as Goku fully obsorbed the power of God into his base form. Making it part of him permanently :)

I know OT, but this was in continuation from the thread in DB universe xD

.....Goku had help achieving the form in the first place.....whether or not he absorbed it afterwards is dependent on the fact that he first achieved the form in virtually the same way Superman became TR Superman. And, if we're getting technical, TR Superman was always part of Superman in some way, shape or form. The TR is just a conduit for his story, and his story is what power it. As Mandrakk grows stronger, TR Superman grows stronger to defeat it i.e the story of the hero who triumphs over evil. Essentially, TR Superman is DB Superman in canon form....but TR does have limits (The Overmoniter/writer)

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Ah but that's before he knew you could attain the form without having to get help.

A good example of that is Vegeta :P

He did it solo.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buttersdaman000

@panda_emperorix said:

@buttersdaman000: Ah but that's before he knew you could attain the form without having to get help.

A good example of that is Vegeta :P

He did it solo.

But he didn't. That's all that matters.

Vegeta is irrelevant here.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pandalumina

@buttersdaman000: The point being Superman still needs help getting that strong. Where as people like Vegeta can attain the power by himself.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: The point being Superman still needs help getting that strong. Where as people like Vegeta can attain the power by himself.

So did Goku....

Is Goku no longer a version of himself??

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Even if Goku did, we still have Vegeta to debate with since they are around the same strength and he didn't need the ritual :)

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Even if Goku did, we still have Vegeta to debate with since they are around the same strength and he didn't need the ritual :)

Ok...Vegeta is still irrelevant here. I'm just asking, based on your response, why do you still consider SSGSS Goku a version of himself if he did not achieve the power by himself??

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Well he was still able to attain it by himself since he's able to use the power on his own. Essentially he couldn't have gotten that form without having learning super saiyan first.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: not at all, you were the one saying i'm upset....but i'm not

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Well he was still able to attain it by himself since he's able to use the power on his own. Essentially he couldn't have gotten that form without having learning super saiyan first.

But he wasn't.......

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: It goes both ways. He didn't get god ki on his own but he did learn super saiyan on his own. One of those he had to learn in order to become a ssgss.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: It goes both ways. He didn't get god ki on his own but he did learn super saiyan on his own. One of those he had to learn in order to become a ssgss.

No, it really only goes one way. He didn't achieve the god ki on his own. Anything that happens afterwards is dependent on that fact alone.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: he called himself piccolo, but he was a different person. http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Kami-sama_and_the_Demon_King_Become_One

go read the kami and the demon king become one. "piccolo" says " i'm not kami or piccolo" despite this, everyone still calls piccolo.

"piccolo" is piccolo, just like how tr isn't superman.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: he called himself piccolo, but he was a different person. http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Kami-sama_and_the_Demon_King_Become_One

go read the kami and the demon king become one. "piccolo" says " i'm not kami or piccolo" despite this, everyone still calls piccolo.

"piccolo" is piccolo, just like how tr isn't superman.

You keep avoiding Nail though....

I already conceded on the Piccolo w/Kami part since I forgot they were already the same person to begin with. But yeah....back to Nail....

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: it's the same thing with nail, just because he called himself Piccolo, doesn't mean he was still piccolo. If Kami + Piccolo = New Person, why wouldn't Nail + Piccolo = new person.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Why wouldn't it be? When people say composite they usually mean every incarnation of that character. Posses, wielding a weapon, new powers, etc...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: it's the same thing with nail, just because he called himself Piccolo, doesn't mean he was still piccolo. If Kami + Piccolo = New Person, why wouldn't Nail + Piccolo = new person.

Because he was still Piccolo in the show regardless of your logic......the instance with Kami is different since they were a split being to begin with becoming one again, hence Piccolo being Piccolo by name mostly. It's not the same with Nail. Piccolo absorbed Nail and was still completely himself. You are literally the first and only person I know to ever argue otherwise.

And as far as TR Superman goes, for all intents and purposes it is Superman. You should read final crisis more carefully.

King_of_all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely, Cosmic Armor Superman is Superman's sentient in a different body.

midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: when piccolo fused with nail, he became a new person. When "piccolo"saw dende for the first time, he immediately knew who dende was.

Does that sound like the same person to you ?

I understand what tr is, it was the weapon, superman and ultraman were the users.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By dernman

@le0nhart said:

Thought Robot isn't a different version of Superman, it's just Superman (post-crisis) piloting a robot built by the monitors

This. That's why I don't consider Thought Robot a version of Superman. It's just a Robot,Mech built for Superman and Ultraman to use.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@le0nhart said:

This. That's why I don't consider Thought Robot Superman. It's just a Robot,Mech built for Superman and Ultraman to use.

That had no power until Superman's consciousness and story powered it. Ultramar was just used for a high meta concept of polar opposites or something like that. He wasn't involved in the TR at all.

@buttersdaman000: when piccolo fused with nail, he became a new person. When "piccolo"saw dende for the first time, he immediately knew who dende was.

Does that sound like the same person to you ?

I understand what tr is, it was the weapon, superman and ultraman were the users.

It sounds like the same person with new knowledge. The manga says nothing about Piccolo becoming a new person.

Nope, Ultraman did not use the TR at all. It was all Superman.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Maybe. Same as TTGL or STTGL are "thought robots" but still versions of Gurren Lagann. The soul is Superman and Ultraman combined though, so maybe not strictly only Superman.

@buttersdaman000 fairly certain Ultraman was powering TR too... I will re-read.

Edit: Having done so, Superman and Ultraman were fighting. They were opposites. When they connected they released a ton of energy. Adam (Blue Superman) harnessed this energy by "fus(ing) symmetries" and broadcasted it to the TR as Superman's consciousness. No mention of what happened to Ultraman.

Regardless, Superman could never power the TR without the combined efforts of at least 3 versions of himself from different universes.

And this scan insists Ultraman is present with TR Supes too.

No Caption Provided

Actually you're just straight up wrong man. Sorry.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By buttersdaman000

@avatar_of_green said:

Maybe. Same as TTGL or STTGL are "thought robots" but still versions of Gurren Lagann. The soul is Superman and Ultraman combined though, so maybe not strictly only Superman.

@buttersdaman000 fairly certain Ultraman was powering TR too... I will re-read.

Nah, Captain Adam fused the symmetries of Ultraman and Superman in order to activate the TR, but as he did he specifically said "only Superman can save us". Furthermore it was Superman narrating that whole fight and Mandrakk only called him Superman, not Superman and Ultraman. The only reference to Ultraman after they fused symmetries was Superman commenting on how he could hear his voice somewhere inside him

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Avatar_of_Green
No Caption Provided

@buttersdaman000: Sorry man you're just wrong. This is after they defeat Mandrakk together.

Seems Superman was just the dominant personality or something silly.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By buttersdaman000

@avatar_of_green said:
No Caption Provided

@buttersdaman000: Sorry man you're just wrong. This is after they defeat Mandrakk together.

Seems Superman was just the dominant personality or something silly.

How am I wrong? I never said Ultraman wasn't there.....even in my last post I mentioned the only reference to Ultraman in that fight was his voice somewhere inside Superman....so no....I literally have the comic in my hand right now.

• Captain Adam combined the two symmetries --> said "Superman" was the only one who could save them
  • Superman was the only narrative during the whole fight
  • Mandrakk referred to his enemy as Superman
  • Superman was in complete control of the TR
  • The TR had Superman's symbol
  • Superman says HIS reason to BE is to be THERE to stop Mandrakk
  • TR was powered by Superman's story i.e child rocketed to earth. In Final Crisis, this is NOT Ultramans story since it's the version of the character created by Grant Morrison. His origin is vastly different from his n52 and pre-crisis counterparts because he was NOT kryptonian originally.

Yeah, I don't think I was wrong

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By buttersdaman000

@avatar_of_green said:

And this scan insists Ultraman is present with TR Supes too.

No Caption Provided

Actually you're just straight up wrong man. Sorry.

Why are you saying sorry? I've maintained from the beginning that Ultraman was there. You're getting confused with him being there equating to him having any contribution to the fight or TR's power. Again, Captain Adam combined their symmetries to activate the TR but Superman was the one who powered it and the one who controlled it. I take it you have the comic, so why don't you post the page before where Zillo Villa says Superman's story was created to be an unstoppable force, and the rest of the scan where Superman says "The stronger he becomes, the stronger I become" (which relates back to his story). Then, while you're at it, post the pages preceding that one where everybody only refers to TR Superman as SUPERMAN. As I said before, Ultraman was there to be the symmetry/duality/meta concept that activated the TR and that's it. His story, nor his will was actually powerful enough to pilot/power it. Only SUPERMANS was.