Do you consider Batman and Wolverine as acrobats?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By jumpstart55
jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By jumpstart55

Who is more of  a acrobat? 

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Batman, I think being a the ninja he is.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wolverine..he also has Ninja training.I haven't seen Batman do anything acrobatically that Wolverine couldn't, also considering his small stature and peak human agility.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I think Batman has a solid edge in agility.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
" I think Batman has a solid edge in agility. "
Based on what?
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Vance Astro: His comics from the beginning, Batman's clearly an acrobat of super skill. Not that wolverine isn't also very good there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro: 

Partly based on his crimefighting habits. He spends quite a lot of time on the rooftops of Gotham jumping from building to building. I also think his skeletal structure would also give him an advantage since its much lighter than Logan's. I tend to think Wolverine is more of a ground based fighter.  
ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ArtJoker

I think having an adamantium skeleton may prove to be a disadvantage when it comes to acrobatic feats

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

Dick Grayson is naturally an acrobat and definitely better than Wolverine. Bruce I wouldn't consider an acrobat. He more agile than normal humans but I think Wolverine is more agile than Bruce.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
" @Vance Astro:  Partly based on his crimefighting habits. He spends quite a lot of time on the rooftops of Gotham jumping from building to building. I also think his skeletal structure would also give him an advantage since its much lighter than Logan's. I tend to think Wolverine is more of a ground based fighter.   "
Seeing as how Logan has been said to move faster than the human eye can follow..his skeleton is obviously not a problem..... 

@ArtJoker said:
" I think having an adamantium skeleton may prove to be a disadvantage when it comes to acrobatic feats "
See Above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro:
In terms of speed I'd say Wolverine is faster. As far as agility (jumping from building to building,etc) I'd give the edge to Bruce.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Jake Fury said:
" @Vance Astro: In terms of speed I'd say Wolverine is faster. As far as agility (jumping from building to building,etc) I'd give the edge to Bruce. "
I believe Bruce wears an incredibly heavy armor in his suit. So much so that Dick couldn't fight normally in it. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Magian

Batman must have some acrobatic skills in order to do all these leaps. As for Wolverine I don't.
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LT1085
@ArtJoker said:
" I think having an adamantium skeleton may prove to be a disadvantage when it comes to acrobatic feats "
Actually his healing factor would work like steroids and the skeleton would obviously be like constant weights at first. He has adapted to the weight of the adamantium and that is what gives him his increased strength speed and agility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LT1085 said:
" @ArtJoker said:
Actually his healing factor would work like steroids and the skeleton would obviously be like constant weights at first. He has adapted to the weight of the adamantium and that is what gives him his increased strength speed and agility. "

Thats one of the best points so far. The funny thing is I've seen issues where he's swimming and hes actually complained his skeleteon was weighing him down. Then I've seen other issues where he's swimming and doesn't have any problems.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wolverine may  be able to perform acrobatic moves that Batman can not, but Batman certainly utilizes acrobatics on a more consistent basis.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
" @Vance Astro: In terms of speed I'd say Wolverine is faster. As far as agility (jumping from building to building,etc) I'd give the edge to Bruce. "
They are on the same level of agility.It's not like Bruce is superhuman.You really think Wolverine can't jump from Building to building? The Punisher can do that and he's not even an acrobat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @Jake Fury said:
They are on the same level of agility.It's not like Bruce is superhuman.You really think Wolverine can't jump from Building to building? The Punisher can do that and he's not even an acrobat. "

Of course he can. I'd just say that Bruce does it more often and would be a little better since he's usually confined to that kind of environment.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Jake Fury said:
They are on the same level of agility.It's not like Bruce is superhuman.You really think Wolverine can't jump from Building to building? The Punisher can do that and he's not even an acrobat. "
Of course he can. I'd just say that Bruce does it more often and would be a little better since he's usually confined to that kind of environment. "
Bruce does it more often but more times than not I would vote that they are equal.People see Batman as more of an acrobat because of the way he patrols the city and where he does it from but Batman isn't really that great of an acrobat and neither is Wolverine.They aren't Nightwing,Daredevil,Spider-Man level.So neither is really a superb acrobat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Jake Fury said:
Of course he can. I'd just say that Bruce does it more often and would be a little better since he's usually confined to that kind of environment. "
Bruce does it more often but more times than not I would vote that they are equal.People see Batman as more of an acrobat because of the way he patrols the city and where he does it from but Batman isn't really that great of an acrobat and neither is Wolverine.They aren't Nightwing,Daredevil,Spider-Man level.So neither is really a superb acrobat. "

@Vance Astro: I'm in complete agreement with you on that. DD vs Nightwing in an agility battle would be excellent. Who would you give the edge to in that one? Do you think it'd be worthy of a thread/poll?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
@Vance Astro: I'm in complete agreement with you on that. DD vs Nightwing in an agility battle would be excellent. Who would you give the edge to in that one? Do you think it'd be worthy of a thread/poll? "
I don't really know.You would think Grayson would be the better because of his background as a circus acrobat but DD has some absolutely ridiculous agility feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
" @Jake Fury said:
@Vance Astro: I'm in complete agreement with you on that. DD vs Nightwing in an agility battle would be excellent. Who would you give the edge to in that one? Do you think it'd be worthy of a thread/poll? "
I don't really know.You would think Grayson would be the better because of his background as a circus acrobat but DD has some absolutely ridiculous agility feats. "

Definitely. He may not be officially "superhuman" but he's pushing the limits of peak human.  
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64

Spiderman....

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Strafe Prower

Just to clarify, Agility is a stat while Acrobatics are a skill. They are different things completely, but do rely on the other. Just because some is a better Acrobat, doesn't neccessarily mean they are more Agile (Comparing Nightwing and Wolverine for example.) and Vice Versa. With that being said, I'm not sure about this. I haven't seen Wolverine do much in terms of Acrobatics.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RavenDark

Wolverine's only acrobatic skill shown in comics was a a fastball special.....

No Caption Provided
Batman FTW!
Alligatian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting, feat wise I would slightly (very slightly) put Batman above but state-wise Wolverine should be higher since his reflexes and agility is considered super-human while Batman's is peak human. Tough call

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is a decent acrobat. I don't think Wolverine is at all, but I could be wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman yes, Wolverine not so much.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Psy4

The question I feel about their acrobatic capability is more "can they?" vs "do they?" . If it's asked:

• Can Wolverine and Batman jump a decent height and length? Answer is yes. More than decent compared to average athletes.
  • Can they successfully complete somersaults, backflips or other complex, full-body motions and land on their feet? Hell yes. Both of them. Multiple times.
  • Do they both have decent spatial awareness and agility to navigate through irregular environments competently? Hell yeah, that's literally Batman's m.o. with the grappling gun and cape for para-gliding and Wolverine has jumped on and climbed everything his claws could sink into from buildings and mountains to hulks and sentinels.
  • Is it energy efficient for them to flip around like chipmunks? Not with their bulky frames and metal skeleton it isn't.

They are both decently acrobatic but it isn't efficient for acrobatics to be part of their main repertoire compared to lighter, more agile, less muscle-bound characters like Spidey, Nightwing, X-23, etc.

BobLeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine isn't acrobatic? What, lol?

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's an olymic acrobat, but he doesn't show it as often and it makes sense due to his gigantic frame. I don't know about Wolverine though, I'm sure he's got some acrobatic skills.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psy4: What about Cap ? The guy is every bit as bulky as they are or even more, but he make use of his agility WAY more often

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is an acrobat, he's done a lot of acrobatic and gymnastic training.

I wouldn't regard Wolverine as an acrobat in the sense that Daredevil, Spider-Man, Nightwing, Batman etc are.

However, Logan can and has performed multiple acrobatic feats. I can provide scans upon request.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm said:

@psy4: What about Cap ? The guy is every bit as bulky as they are or even more, but he make use of his agility WAY more often

Cap is as bulky as they are indeed but while Batz is superb for a human, Cap is pretty much superhuman. He's no doubt going to jump higher and run faster. And while he is quite acrobatic himself he's not really a jumpy chipmunk compared to someone like say Spidey. I'd consider him very agile though as you indicated.

BeastMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say they are both acrobats with Batman being more agile, mobile and acrobatic. I think wolverine may not be as acrobatic due to the adamantium skeleton weighing him down all though i'm pretty sure i've seen wolverine do a series of backflips in succession before!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they are both acrobatic at times (Batman more so), but I wouldn’t define them as acrobats. Acrobats would be characters like Gambit, Nightwing, Nightcrawler, Daredevil, Spider-Man, guys like that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#38 god_spawn  Moderator

Wolverines jumped 40 feet in the air before. Let’s not pretend his skeleton weighs him down that much that it affects his ability to jump.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both can be quite acrobatic when they have the need for it. Not as good as nightwing or daredevil and the like but still good none the less.