Do you believe Odin will be Kratos's most powerful enemy?

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Do you believe Odin will be Kratos's most powerful enemy? (21 votes)

Yes 62%
No 38%

I expect him to be above Zeus.

• 
heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By heiqn

Probably, I put Baldur around Zeus, Former has better physical strength and durability but latter has better hax and endurance, Odin, hell, even Thor is expected to be many times stronger than Baldur.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin >>> Thor >/= Baldur > Everyone else Kratos has fought

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KratosWins

@greysentinel365:

Nice scans.

Odin being >>> Thor is based on what? I also don't agree with putting Baldur that close to Thor nor the statement that Baldur > any of Kratos' prior foes.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn: One constant in Norse mythology and all adaptations of it is that Thor was born and bred to be Asgard's strongest and greatest warrior; I believe Thor hits harder and is more durable than Zeus, he should be at least equal to Hercules who's physically the strongest of the Olympians.

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:
@kratoswins said:

@greysentinel365:

Nice scans.

Odin being >>> Thor is based on what? I also don't agree with putting Baldur that close to Thor nor the statement that Baldur > any of Kratos' prior foes.

Why would Baldur be so much below Thor if he could KO Jörmungandr with a few hits, where Thor stalemated it?

Baldur knocked out an off-guarded and not fighting back World Serpent, Thor stalemated the serpent. If we compare respective performances to Kratos, based on a leak (do not read if you don't want to be spoiled), Thor performed far better against a Kratos who had been training throughout the entirety of fimbulwinter than Baldur ever did against a rusty and out of practice Kratos. Not to mention it seems that Spartan Rage isn't even Kratos' full power, supported by the fact that once Kratos did hit Thor with his full force at the end of the fight he looked horrified with himself due to almost losing control, which was never the case in his fights with Baldur. Where Baldur was being dominated in all of their fights by a Kratos who wasn't going all out, Thor was dominating Kratos until the very end of the fight and almost forced Kratos to lose his shit. So Thor is shaping up to be a much bigger threat than Baldur ever was, which is supported by pretty much everything in the lore thus far.

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn: One constant in Norse mythology and all adaptations of it is that Thor was born and bred to be Asgard's strongest and greatest warrior; I believe Thor hits harder and is more durable than Zeus, he should be at least equal to Hercules who's physically the strongest of the Olympians.

Why do you say that Hercules is the physically strongest of the Olympians? Comparing respective performances against Kratos Zeus is much stronger and Hades might be too.

BoutaTakeAnL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus was pretty powerful. He should easily be around Odin's level. The only reason Odin should do better is because he's far more cunning and ruthless. Plus he doesn't have the same personal connection that Zeus had with Kratos.

KratosWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Heracles is probably the strongest mortal but there's no reason to believe that he's stronger than Zeus in the mythology. Zeus per Homer is the strongest of the immortals:

Consciousness of his omnipotence is admirably illustrated in the famous scene in the Iliad (8.17 ff.) in which Zeus makes this challenge to the Olympians: "Then [you] will see how far I am strongest of all the immortals. Come, you gods, make this endeavor, that you all may learn this. Let down out of the sky a cord of gold; lay hold of it all you who are gods and all who are goddesses, yet not even so can you drag down Zeus from the sky to the ground, not Zeus the high lord of counsel, though you try until you grow weary. Yet whenever I might strongly be minded to pull you, I could drag you up, earth and all and sea and all with you, then fetch the golden rope about the horn of Olympos and make it fast, so that all once more should dangle in mid air. So much stronger am I than the gods, and stronger than mortals" (trans. Richmond Lattimore, The Iliad of Homer [Chicago, 1951]).

Source: A History of Religious Ideas Vol. 1

Thisis a clear attempt in Homer's writing to portray Zeus' vast power. Even if Heracles was stronger in the Mythology, I don't think it would necessarily translate to GOW lore, as Zeus was clearly intended to be Kratos' toughest challenge up to that point.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kratoswins: mean i agree that hercc is prob weaker in the games but in the myths Herc stalemated Zeus for a whole afternoon. Plus he defeated Hades, Ares stalemated Apollo and etc

Im on mobile but later i will post the sources