Do people who read DC/Marvel hate Marvel/DC?

• 149 results
NovaHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NovaHulk

DC people hate marvel comics?
Marvel people hate DC comics?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

no.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

I hate Marvel, except for a select few characters. And I love DC (except for a select few characters)

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By deathswitch

i read both every week

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Agent

There are people that do hate the rival company

personally I enjoy DC way more but still read Marvel, although I have to admit that I've been dropping titles of that company to give place for others of DC lol

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Calvin

No I don't.
I read both, it's fool to be loyal to one company in my opinion. I like good characters and good stories. I don't care about corporates!

Sirius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sirius
@Chaos Agent said:
" There are people that do hate the rival companypersonally I enjoy DC way more but still read Marvel, although I have to admit that I've been dropping titles of that company to give place for others of DC lol "
lol let me guess, you read.... 'Secret Warriors'! :p
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth

no

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chaos Agent
@Sirius said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
" There are people that do hate the rival companypersonally I enjoy DC way more but still read Marvel, although I have to admit that I've been dropping titles of that company to give place for others of DC lol "
lol let me guess, you read.... 'Secret Warriors'! :p "
lol yeah

and Daredevil, Captain America, Iron man, Thor, Wolverine (going to drop it after old man), Hercules (going to drop it after Dark Reign), Nova (going to drop it after war of kings), thunderbolts and mighty avengers
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized

Mighty Avengers? gag

Sirius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sirius
@Chaos Agent said:
" lol yeahand Daredevil, Captain America, Iron man, Thor, Wolverine (going to drop it after old man), Hercules (going to drop it after Dark Reign), Nova (going to drop it after war of kings), thunderbolts and mighty avengers "
Hm.. Nova, (new) Thunderbolts, Wolverine and Mighty Avengers I don't even bother to read anymore.. I love Thor and Daredevil though.
the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the Vica

Some people do.

I prefer Marvel, but in no way do I hate DC. I just prefer the realistic style of Marvel to the... Flamboyancy of DC. It's like... DC is all this big power fantasy with invincible characters and... It's a little ridiculous sometimes.

That's not a bad thing though, and sometimes I do love a bit of ridiculousness. I just prefer Marvel is all.

And this is my opinion. So nobody start going "MARVEL IS REALISTIC? BWAHAHA!"

Shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Shanana

Ugh! i don't like marvel at all, i don't know what it is about marvel, but nothing keeps my attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@the Vica said:
" Some people do.I prefer Marvel, but in no way do I hate DC. I just prefer the realistic style of Marvel to the... Flamboyancy of DC. It's like... DC is all this big power fantasy with invincible characters and... It's a little ridiculous sometimes.That's not a bad thing though, and sometimes I do love a bit of ridiculousness. I just prefer Marvel is all.And this is my opinion. So nobody start going "MARVEL IS REALISTIC? BWAHAHA!" "
Agreed
Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Gloom

They shouldn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Although my two fav. publishers are Vertigo and Marvel ATM

Aquatris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aquatris

Marvel = What if you got powers? DC = What if there were great men and women in our world?
The two most notable aspects of the DC characters are the opposite of the Marvel ones: Confidence in what they do and high moral code.
It's like sexuality; if you are a fan of both, you're really a Marvel fan.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chaos Agent

Marvel more realistic? Mwahaha

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By G'bandit

That be kind of dumb to hate another comic book company.. What's the reason? Specially when DC and Marvel are tight. They've even made crossovers and cameo and stuff between their characters.

I like both

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chaos Agent

For the record, Rucka does hate Marvel :P

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Chaos Agent said:
problem is theyre not rivals. thats what those people dont get. like ive met alot of Eminem fans who hate Marilyn Manson and vice-versa for example. in real life those two work together and hang out. the reason is immaturity, plain and simple. my dads stronger than your dad, yadda-yadda!
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine
@Chaos Agent said:
"For the record, Rucka does hate Marvel :P"
Peter David hates DC.
Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chaos Agent
@CATMANEXE said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
problem is theyre not rivals. thats what those people dont get. like ive met alot of Eminem fans who hate Marilyn Manson and vice-versa for example. in real life those two work together and hang out. the reason is immaturity, plain and simple. my dads stronger than your dad, yadda-yadda! "
that they don't hate each other doesn't mean they aren't rivals, they both compete to be the biggest comic company. Who sells the most comics, who sells the most graphic novels, who makes the best comics, who does the best movies, etc.

@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I thought he only hated Dan Didio

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I love Marvel much more than D.C. but I do like Batman sometimes.  I think you should read whatever interests you but don't base opinions on companies who are competitive.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By G'bandit
@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I bet that those writers, editors, artist, etc. that hate another company is probably because they got fire from it or the company just didn't hire them when they tried to apply for it. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't hate DC but I used to.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By Nighthunter
@G'bandit said:
"
@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I bet that those writers, editors, artist, etc. that hate another company is probably because they got fire from it or the company just didn't hire them when they tried to apply for it.  "
He is talking about this:

"A message buried deep in the Bush thread asked me to comment on Dan Didio's various assertions about "Young Justice" in a Heroes Con interview quoted on Newsarama. First he complained about the quality of the book's sales, stating that a book which features such iconic characters should have far higher numbers. And second he asserted that "Slobo" ruined the character of Lobo.

The aspect that Dan perpetually leaves out of his two-part evisceration of "Young Justice" is that YJ was specifically designed to appeal to a younger readership. That was the mandate from editorial. That's what I was asked to write. YJ was intended to skew young--in its stories, in its subject matter, in its readership--with the notion that it would draw in younger readers who would eventually "graduate" to the older-skewing titles. I was told at the outset that DC neither expected nor needed the book to sell huge numbers; it was aiming at the long-term goal of bringing in new, younger readers. So his complaining about the quality of the sales is irrelevant...not to mention that YJ outsold "Impulse" and "Superboy," both of which were also cancelled, and even he admits the book was turning a profit. So pointing to these iconic characters--characters so "iconic" that DC did away with them--and complaining that sales didn't reflect their presence is really beside the point.

As for Slobo, I wanted to introduce a Wolverine-esque character to stir things up. Since the book featured junior versions of Superman, Batman, and the Flash, a junior version of Lobo seemed perfectly appropriate. A character who was, in his execution and handling, far more serious than Dan remotely gives him credit for (because, y'know, having Slobo go slowly blind was such a knee-slapper of a storyline). And,frankly, I think that a company that raped and murdered Sue Dibny, murdered Blue Beetle, tortured and crippled Batgirl, and had both Superman and Wonder Woman at various times cold-bloodedly murder opponents, doesn't get to say that *I* ruined one of their characters."

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine
@Chaos Agent said:
"
@CATMANEXE said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
problem is theyre not rivals. thats what those people dont get. like ive met alot of Eminem fans who hate Marilyn Manson and vice-versa for example. in real life those two work together and hang out. the reason is immaturity, plain and simple. my dads stronger than your dad, yadda-yadda! "
that they don't hate each other doesn't mean they aren't rivals, they both compete to be the biggest comic company. Who sells the most comics, who sells the most graphic novels, who makes the best comics, who does the best movies, etc.

@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I thought he only hated Dan Didio"
I think the comment was aimed towards DD, but he criticised the company on the whole for the way in which they treated their characters eg WW.
Jake Malcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jake Malcom

I dont hate eitehr companies as a whole.

Marvel at this current moments besides a few standalone issues sucks for me. Messiah looks pretty but other than that i am not even trying to read the big titles.

DC for the past year has been it for me, but this doesnt mean i hate either company an love the other

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By Nighthunter
@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
"
@CATMANEXE said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:

@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I think the comment was aimed towards DD, but he criticised the company on the whole for the way in which they treated their characters eg WW. "
yeah but those things he refers to were all mandated by Didio
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By John Valentine
@Nighthunter said:
"
@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
"
@CATMANEXE said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:

@John Valentine said:
"
@Chaos Agent said:
Peter David hates DC. "
I think the comment was aimed towards DD, but he criticised the company on the whole for the way in which they treated their characters eg WW. "
yeah but those things he refers to were all mandated by Didio"

Ah, didn't know that.
Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Calvin said:
"No I don't. I read both, it's fool to be loyal to one company in my opinion. I like good characters and good stories. I don't care about corporates! "

Agreed, I love comics period.
Avatar image for yuenish_leshathe
yuenish_leshathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yuenish_leshathe
@NovaHulk: no...
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By T.J. Magnum

i guess i do

love DC, Dislikes marvel

claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By claws

i like both...dont hate any campany
but i dont hate the charcters just some of them piss me off...

stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stormlover1994

I LOVE Marvel, I LIKE DC. Why? Because I think is lame that almoust every DC hero is undefeatable, or invulnerable. I think everyone needs a weakness, Next time people are going to start saying that Kryptonite does not affect Superman anymore, DC needs to stop overpowering every hero.

TheG_Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheG_Project

Marvel is more believable in that they rely more on teamwork. DC is all about every hero for themselves until they come across something they can't handle alone.  I'll never understand why the villains in DC always came in gangs and could never beat one or two heroes..........

Huge Marvel fan, aside from a few characters. A small DC fan. 

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38  Edited By Zoom

Complaints against one universe are fine.  Their books are very different.  I don't really think Marvel is more realistic, but I do think the planet itself has a different social structure.

DC is full of ridiculously powerful heroes on earth.  Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, the Flash, Green Lantern.  These are the kinda people who could take on armies and win without breaking a sweat.  Theres an alien invasion?  Don't worry.  The Justice League will handle it.  Giant robot destroying Metropolis?  Looks like a job for Superman.  People expect this.  You don't have a whole lot of "Hero or Menace?" characters.  Instead you have hometown heroes where everybody in Keystone or Central City knows somebody who was saved by the Flash.

Over in marvel, just about the two most powerful heroes on earth are the Sentry, who is totally nuts and completely undependable and the Hulk, who likes to go on the occational rampage and kill innocent bystanders all willy nilly.  Nobody likes to depend on superheroes as much in marvel.  Its darker.  Its grimmer. 

Civil War would have been ridiculous in DC.  The League would decide how it was gonna be and that'll be good enough for the other heroes and citizens of DC earth.
Identity Crisis would have been ridiculous in Marvel.  Somebody kills off...say Jessica Jones.  Nobody but the New Avengers are gonna even hear about it.  Nobody but Cage and Iron Fist are really gonna care.  Pepper Pots, Betsie Ross and Mary Jane all bite it?  You're not gonna get a whole lot of reaction from the other heroes, much less a countrywide manhunt for their killer.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'll be honest. I always read Marvel and when I try to get into DC it just confuses the hell out of me. I don't dislike it, I just can't follow it. I really try too, but seriously......the crisis? can't understand it. What is there like ten lantern corps all the sudden? And how many damn Supermans are there? Not to mention at least three people have been any particular hero or villain. I do like a lot of the characters but I would say I like Marvel's more.

DC had better cartoons though that's for sure.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By girth
@the Vica said:
I prefer Marvel, but in no way do I hate DC. I just prefer the realistic style of Marvel to the... Flamboyancy of DC. It's like... DC is all this big power fantasy with invincible characters and... It's a little ridiculous sometimes.That's not a bad thing though, and sometimes I do love a bit of ridiculousness. I just prefer Marvel is all.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Zoom
@jloneblackheart said:
"the crisis? can't understand it."
First time I read CoIE?  I didn't understand hardly a thing.  Now that I've read a lot more comics, its one of my very favorite stories.  Its really not a good intro to the DCU.  Its something you should read after you've been reading DC for years.

@jloneblackheart said:
"What is there like ten lantern corps all the sudden?"
7 off the top of my head.  And yes, this is a pretty recent revelation.  Sinestro formed the yellow corps 2 years ago and had a big war with the greenies.  The rest of the groups formed last year.  Apparently, all these colors are supposed to fill some prophesy called the Black Night (as in "In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night.  blahdy blahdy blahdy Green Lantern's light!") where the dead will all rise and the greatest green lantern dies.  Or something.

More likely than not, Hal Jordan will just change into every color before going back to green and the greens will beat up every other color except maybe the blues and some of the yellows might get away.

@jloneblackheart said:
"And how many damn Supermans are there?"
One for each earth and elseworlds tale.

Ones that you're likely the ever run into though?  Normal Superman,  Superboy (clone),  Superman/boy Prime (from Earth Prime, whiney villain), Earth 2 Superman (the original Golden Age Superman, dead as of Infinite Crisis and apparently one of the dead rising in the Blackest Night).

@jloneblackheart said:
"Not to mention at least three people have been any particular hero or villain."
Sorry.  A lot of writers in both companies like to needlessly kill off characters.  In DC, its become an accepted practice that if you want to use a character but they've been killed off, you just create a new verion, possibly the old one's son/daughter/lover/student/best friend.
Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Magicalmoment

like both companies

Son of Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Son of Krypton

I love both, depending on the writers/artists.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
Thanks for the info Zoom

@Zoom
said:

Sorry.  A lot of writers in both companies like to needlessly kill off characters. 
I realize this for sure, recently finding out that that stupid Rulk character killed my fav, the Silver Surfer. I hope he at least gets his own book out of this heresy.
Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Watch Dog

They both have there ups and downs. I use to hate DC but in retrospect I think it was a defensive reflex when I thought my favorite characters were being attacked but I have matured and now I like both

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By iLLituracy

Because DC touches itself at night.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AtPhantom
@jloneblackheart said:
"
Thanks for the info Zoom

@Zoom
said:

Sorry.  A lot of writers in both companies like to needlessly kill off characters. 
I realize this for sure, recently finding out that that stupid Rulk character killed my fav, the Silver Surfer. I hope he at least gets his own book out of this heresy. "
He didn't actually kill the surfer, the Gardener hit the reset button by the end.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By iLLituracy
@AtPhantom said:
"
@jloneblackheart said:
"
Thanks for the info Zoom

@Zoom
said:

I realize this for sure, recently finding out that that stupid Rulk character killed my fav, the Silver Surfer. I hope he at least gets his own book out of this heresy. "
He didn't actually kill the surfer, the Gardener hit the reset button by the end. "
Not to mention it wasn't the Silver Surfer from normal continuity.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom

It was, just from the past.

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
sonofhercules95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50  Edited By sonofhercules95

it's not that I hate dc comics, it's just that some of their storylines don't seem to interesting to me