Disney Classics Cinematic Universe

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While Marvel may have originated the cinematic universe. Universal was the first company to do crossover movies with their original monster films. But there's a lot of Disney's classical movies that are also connected.

It started with "The Absent-Minded Professor" which introduced two elements which would appear in other Disney films. One was Medfield College which later appeared in "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes." While the city of Medfield was later seen in "The Shaggy D.A.". The second was the character Alonzo Hawk who would later come back as an antagonist in Herbie Rides Again.

The rest are really supposition, and really depends on how one chooses to look at them.

The Absent-Minded Professor (1988). While supposedly a remake of the earlier film, but instead of starring a Professor Brainard, it starred another absent-minded professor in that of Henry Crawford who finds Professor Brainard's notes.

Gus. In Herbie Goes Bananas there is a scene were a party goer is seen wearing an Atoms jersey. The Atoms are the professional football team features in Gus.

The Ugly Dachshund. In the Shaggy D.A., the first time the main charatcer, Wilby, transforms back into the shaggy dog, he does so in a a yard that features a doghouse with the name Brutus on it. Brutus was the name of The Ugly Dachshund. It could be a connection, but it could also just merely be a shout out as Dean Jones played in both movies.

The Million Dollar Duck. Near the end of the movie there is a Volkswagen beetle with the license plate OFP-857. Again, it could be a connection, but it could also just merely be a shout out as Dean Jones played in both movies.

The Princess Diaries. This one is more or less a bit of a stretch. Both Herbie Rides Again and The Princess Diaries features their main protagonists living in a renovated firehouse in San Francisco. Are they the same?

Apparently at Disney World there is a ride called Journey Into Imagination. This attraction has several visual elements suggesting that it is connected to Medfield College, Some Crossover-ist don't really include media outside of Movies/TV Shows, I am one of the few that do, especially when it helps to connect other shows that I feel should be included. In this case it's Honey, I Shrunk the Kids as the ride also features an element for the show.

So as it stands Disney's Classic Cinematic Universe for sure includes the following movies

01 The Absent-Minded Professor

02 The Son of Flubber

03 The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes

04 Now You See Me, Now You Don't

05 The Strongest Man in the World

06 The Shaggy Dog

07 The Shaggy DA

08 Return of the Shaggy Dog

09 The Love Bug

10 Herbie Rides Again

11 Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo

12 Herbie Goes Bananas

13 Herbie, the Love Bug (TV Series)

14 The Love Bug (1997 TV Movie)

15 Herbie: Fully Loaded

With the possiblities of...

16 The Absent Minded-Professor (1988)

17 The Absent Minded-Professor: Trading Places

18 Gus

19 The Ugly Dachshund

20 The Million Dollar Duck

21 Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

22 Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show

23 Honey, I Blew Up the Kid

24 Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves

25 The Princess Diaries

26 The Princess Diaries 2: A Royal Engagement

---

Of Course, if you want to venture outside of the Disney shows, I could mention that KITT from Knight Rider did have a cameo appearance on Herbie: Fully Loaded. Which would then include several other shows from NBC and CBS.

---

I am always looking for more connections, so if there are any that I've missed please let me know.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 109

Lol interesting theory.

Princess Diaries 2 has a Stan Lee cameo, what does that mean?? O.O