Discussion: Spoilers for this week's DC comics and the future of DC.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EdBeatle

Yesterday Bleeding cool released some spoilers for what's ahead for the DC universe with the summary of this week's issues, focussed on Action Comics still exploring the aftermath of Superman Reborn, Blue Beetle and the current event The Button with Flash having some of it confirmed by the previews.

If you want to avoid spoilers then stop right here and avoid comment section as this thread is for the discussion of them, even if you want to comment how bs this kind of articles could be do it at your own risk to be spoiled.

Here is the article https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/23/killing-5-year-timeline-superman-flash-blue-beetle-spoilers-week-ahead-rumbling-around-c2e2/

What's your opinion on how the timeline in DC is changing and adapting?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Obviously I'll have to read Action Comics #978 first before a making a full judgement, but one thing I will immediately give them credit for is actually doing this mini-reboot properly by actually letting us know what has changed and what's stayed the same.

I've made it clear I hate the the Spider-Man story One More Day and apparently so did the then Amazing Spider-Man writer, J Michael Straczynski. But he still wanted to keep his job so he did what Joe Quesada told him to do. And since JMS is a good writer, he tried his best to make this massive change to the continuity work and one of the things he wanted to do was make an issue explaining all the things that were changed and altered as a result of Mephisto's deal so that the readers wouldn't be lost. But that idea was shot down by the famous little quote of "It's magic! We don't have to explain it!"

So in the Spider-Man books the readers are left in the dark as to what is canon and what is not and the writers and editors were free to fly by the seat of their pants and do whatever they wanted. Seems that someone on the current Superman team took notice that people weren't happy about that.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read it, thank God, I always though that 5 year thing was effing stupid, especially for the characters who weren't retconned during Flashpoint (Green Lanterns and Batman)

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

Just read it, thank God, I always though that 5 year thing was effing stupid, especially for the characters who weren't retconned during Flashpoint (Green Lanterns and Batman)

Agreed, especially since it makes a lot more since for Batman to have trained four Robins in 15 years than in 5 (I know it was reconned to be 10 but that seriously should have been one of the first things they thought of when doing a full reboot in the first place).

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Sounfs reallu messy for new people

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling this will confuse a lot of people if not done right. I have faith though.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@righteous300: @stormshadow_x: That's why I think it's good they're making an issue to explain the new history. Certainly beats One More Day and the New 52's method of "Everything is different now and we'll make up what is different as we go!"

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I'm hoping one of the things that come out of this Cyborgs removal from the JL and with the Titans team or something, cause he really doesn't belong on the JL team.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: I'm hoping one of the things that come out of this Cyborgs removal from the JL and with the Titans team or something, cause he really doesn't belong on the JL team.

Honestly, I don't mind him being on the League (save for the fact that he basically replaced the Martian Manhunter, whom was one of my favorite members), I just don't like that the New 52 made it so that he was never a Titan. When I first heard about him being on the League at the start of the New 52, I thought it was fine because I thought it was him moving up from one team to another, not just rewriting his history entirely.

I'm mostly just hoping that Cyborg regains his memories as one of the Titans. If he ends up being a member of both teams like Wally has done in the past, I'm completely fine with that.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wait, when the two Supermen reformed into one, it caused the Pre-New 52 timeline to be connected to the New-52 timeline, making "Rebirth?"

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, when the two Supermen reformed into one, it caused the Pre-New 52 timeline to be connected to the New-52 timeline, making "Rebirth?"

It started with return of Wally West. No, it did not cause connection between timelines, it made it stronger and changed timeline.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxerdes said:

So entire pre-52 will become canon?

No, it will not. What is going on is merging of pre-52 and New 52 timelines.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rubear said:
@batvibe12 said:

It started with return of Wally West. No, it did not cause connection between timelines, it made it stronger and changed timeline.

Oh, thanks for the clear up.