Did the quality of Geoff Johns' "Justice Society of America" lowered a bit after Infinite Crisis?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

Did the quality of Geoff Johns' "Justice Society of America" lowered a bit after Infinite Crisis?

I mean, don't get me wrong. His work on the Justice Society during his earlier days in DC Comics is Johns' best work on a team book by far. It helped make him the fan favorite writer that he is today even. His team book writing shines the most when the team's more of a family and less of a task force. Dale Eaglesham being the artist for the most part of the Post Infinite Crisis era definitely helps.

It's just that I felt the Post Infinite Crisis era strayed a bit too far from the fundamentals of what made the initial JSA run work to focus more on crossing over with other properties such as the likes of the Legion of Super-Heroes and the Kingdom Come universe.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb24b3d3879d
deactivated-5fb24b3d3879d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Johns is solid, so I'd say no.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so tbh, though i'm a bit biased since LOSH is my favourite team.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@rhubarb: there's no denying that LOSH is a good team. It's just that The Lightning Saga was one the weaker points of Johns' run on this particular team because of the unnecessary crossover. Superman and The Legion Of Super-Heroes and Legion of 3 Worlds were good stories.

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress:

Yeah i agree, LS was just there to introduce the retroboot team. In terms of the whole JSA run it was pretty inconsequential.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved how it started out with Hawkman's return but I don't think it remained the same after Goyer left.