Did Thanos get a permanent amp at the end of his latest solo run?

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Couldn't resist :P
Couldn't resist :P

So at the end of Thanos' latest solo run, he gets his power back from the Sisters of Eternity after a trial to know his true self at the Gods' Quarry. An intense fight between the revived Thanos and Dark Phoenix empowered Thane ensues, with both landing a lot of good hits, until they eventually land on the Gods' Quarry and the Sisters send the Phoenix force flying, depowering Thane and cutting the fight short prematurely.

So do you think Thanos got a permanent amp in power as a result of his ordeal? Could he have actually beaten Phoenix empowered Thane if the Sisters hadn't intervened?

P.S: In the last two issues we see that only Thanos (and Ghostpool) survive millions of years into the future, and its heavily implied that Thanos would eventually kill the likes of Galactus and Cyttorak. Considering where he would reach eventually, would you put current Thanos at at least standard Skyfather (Odin) level?

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phillip33

Judging from his feast from the last few issues, its hard to say. I think we’ll need to see a little bit more in the lines of feats to substantiate him being Odin level, but I’d say judging by the past few issues that he is below Odin, but still skyfather tier. Probably low skyfather honestly on the border of trans/teambuster.

DreadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DreadOne

Pretty much, this thanos would certainly throw around gladiator unlike last time, and probably could take on odin and galactus

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

Interesting topic , ive had many debates about this recently

I for one do actually think he has received a permanent amp from the god quarry

Will post evidence after work

@lord_sprectrum:

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

I just assumed the God Quarry restored his power....

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unamped....but at full power!! IMO

No Caption Provided

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has always (in exception to bendis and loeb) been written consistently to be just below odin in power

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By helloman

I do not think he got a permanent amp. I feel that the comic would have showcased it a lot in some way if he did get one.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman said:

I do not think he got a permanent amp. I feel that the comic would have showcased it a lot in some way if he did get one.

So do you mean he will lose it? Fighting a full Phoenix host is pretty showcasing if you ask me lol

I don't see it as an amp , there's two ways to see it ,

1. Releasing his previously unseen full power

2. Giving him his power back and then some , meaning his power has permanently increased

@jashro44 said:

I just assumed the God Quarry restored his power....

I can see why , with all the talk of 'full power' but he has only ever said that as he was only looking for his power and he did not know how the Quarry worked , the witches Clearly say ALL the power is still there and who ever passes the test will vclaim the power the Quarry holds

Now if you think that countless gods and entire pantheons from billions of years till now is equal to Thanos then those are some weak gods - none of whom have ever escaped from the Quarry- which further tells you that all the gods powers are still there , and Thanos took it . I mean come on the way he's been written for the past 5 + years is ridiculous, he is without a doubt more powerful then he has been recently

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: Its possible but I don't think there is any proof. The sisters of eternity said if thanos passed his trial the power he seeked would be his. I don't think thanos has done anything he wasn't capable of before.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: was he capable of facing a full Phoenix host on his own unamped ?

They said the power that he wants will be his , but that still doesn't mean he didn't get all the power ,as new gods die all the time

Also just the fact that he made King Thanos bleed and held his own for a while tells you he IS upgraded

We have never seen his full power , his numerous upgrades have been amping him since even before the gauntlet so there's no way to know what his full power is

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has always (in exception to bendis and loeb) been written consistently to be just below odin in power

I'd say more that he can give Odin a fight but he can't do a lot of things Odin is capable of. Thanos can bust planets. Odin has multiple feats near or above galactic level.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@cull_obsidian:

was he capable of facing a full Phoenix host on his own unamped ?

With the way the phoenix force has been portrayed in modern marvel I would say yes. If we include older showings than probably not.

They said the power that he wants will be his , but that still doesn't mean he didn't get all the power ,as new gods die all the time

As I said its possible.

Also just the fact that he made King Thanos bleed and held his own for a while tells you he IS upgraded

I don't think this really proves much. We have no idea how strong King Thanos is other than he has amassed more power from the current time line.

We have never seen his full power , his numerous upgrades have been amping him since even before the gauntlet so there's no way to know what his full power is

I agree with this which is why we should wait for him to do more before we say thanos got some big upgrade. Out of curiosity how powerful do you think thanos is exactly? Do you think he can destroy a planet, a star, a star system, or a galaxy, or more? Based on what we've seen so far.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cosmic_reign

@cull_obsidian said:
@cosmic_reign said:

I don't see it as an amp , there's two ways to see it ,

1. Releasing his previously unseen full power

2. Giving him his power back and then some , meaning his power has permanently increased

I agree. Maybe unlocked potential for passing the trials.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just restored

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterskywalker: more then just restored, the full power of all the dead god were still there when he claimed the power